Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Whalevolution

The Whalers were never supported in Hartford

37 posts in this topic

The “Whalers weren’t supported” is the most epic fail argument perpetuated by some in Hartford Hockey.

*The Whalers outdrew Boston four out of ten years in the 80’s.

*The Whalers drew seasonal crowds that today encomp***** all visitors to the XL for all events. (600k)

*Logo is still a top ten seller with NHL and eclipses many teams that actually exist. 

3E359DA7-859D-4AAA-BA24-2542681AE9AA.png

71B1DDB7-F620-4067-AB88-0175BCD67263.jpeg

EF019C8B-4F3A-40E4-B42D-AFD3D3DD51F9.jpeg

Pete these people that say this are either, whaler haters, people that never experienced Hartford hockey at its best, and editors or reporters that have reached a dead end in there career.. Hartford was as good as any market and can be again..

Those nights were the best, it just ****s that they were few and far in between. Yes, there were a bunch of sellouts and the place was rocking. The problem was that there were way more nights where the building only had about 8,000 to 10,000 people and there were a few were it felt like we were out numbered by the fans of the away team. I'll never forget the playoff games that barely had 6000 people on Sa****ays. Other than those few years in the mid-80's attendance was always bad and something that we were laughed at for. Yeah, we beat the Bruins in attendance a few times, but the Boston Garden was also smaller and their attendance wasn't split with fans of the away team's as much as it was in Hartford. You guys seem to be forgetting what it was really like back then, and are only remembering the "good" or "happy" times.

5896a040caf9a238060874ed662ca158.jpgthe-hartford-whalers-requiem-for-a-team-body-image-1415143402.jpg

There were even articles about how they couldn't giveaway tickets to games.

http://articles.courant.com/1992-04-24/news/0000202826_1_first-home-playoff-fan-tickets

Moron, clearly one picture is during warmups, and your second one is of 25 seats.. they did have there problems yes, but the problems were from the top.. nice try

1 person likes this

I don't even think Tim Hortons was ever advertised in the Civic Center!! The second picture is probably an away game!!

Yea, the first pic is during warm ups!!!

WTF!!!

And Glen Wesley wasn't worth 3 first round draft picks!!  Another wasted trade!!

His brother was better!!! Ha HA HA!!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, radcon said:

I don't even think Tim Hortons was ever advertised in the Civic Center!! The second picture is probably an away game!!

NBC Connecticut, WVIT-30: (November 11, 2010)  The Canadian coffee-chain closed its stores in Connecticut and Rhode Island on Wednesday night.  

The company’s CEO said the New England stores were hurting the chain’s earnings.

The coffee and donut shops have been in Connecticut since 2004, when Tim Horton’s bought out Bess Eaton shops.

From that article, we realize that Tim Hortons didn't open up in Connecticut until the year 2004, so there is no way that they could be advertising at the Hartford Whalers home rink located in Connecticut, since the Whalers departed the state in 1997 and Tim Horton's didn't enter the state until the year 2004.

Now, where could that picture have been taken?  Biggie made sure not to include the picture details with the picture, but the source and location of the picture is below, Biggie tried to pull a fast one and show empty seats in Buffalo and hope people think it was Hartford.

5721380804100096.jpeg

1 person likes this

To go along with the other pictures from biggie i found yet another whalers game where fans didn't show up! Oh wait....nevermind that's opening night for the pack xD

DLfd_CVUEAAFLuI.jpg

So Biggie Lite is using a picture taken at 6:24pm (when the game starts at 7:05) and the pic of a freaking ROAD GAME in Buffalo to prove his "point"

Log off, bro.  You've been outed as nothing but a 24-karat phony.

1 person likes this

I took that picture from an old Courant article talking lack of attendance at Whalers games. At least I didn't take a picture from an opening night and cut it up three times to make it look more important. Maybe you should read the article that talks about the actual number of people that went to Whalers games.

"The crowd of 5,602 was less than half the previous Whalers low of 12,245 for a playoff game at the Civic Center in 1989. There were 6,728 tickets sold to the event.

The Whalers had drawn 4,490 in their final regular-season home game -- another Whalers NHL record low."

Edited by TrueHartfordHockeyFan

Every time he posts he walks right into it 

More proof he never really was a Whaler fan 

Like all trolls they never talk hockey just try to bring it down

So, because of a 10 day strike we can look over the 4400 that showed up to the last home game and the 5600 that showed up to the playoff game? You guys just can't help yourselves. Bottom three in attendance for all but maybe four years but that doesn't mean they didn't have any support. You guys most have really forgot what it was like at those games.

6 minutes ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

So, because of a 10 day strike we can look over the 4400 that showed up to the last home game and the 5600 that showed up to the playoff game? You guys just can't help yourselves. Bottom three in attendance for all but maybe four years but that doesn't mean they didn't have any support. You guys most have really forgot what it was like at those games.

Yup guess what even I boycotted the NHL over that

And so did Hartford and many over cities 

2004 was a joke too no Cup embarr*****ing.

Although I admit when I read your statement above it sounds just like you are talking about the WP they're always in the bottom three or four in attendance.  Maybe you should go concentrate on that and leave the NHL to the adults

1 person likes this

There's no NHL to talk about other than the rumors you and Mark keep spreading but no one is talking about and no one can confirm. The NHL Network as well as national and international media are talking about Seattle, Quebec, Houston, and and some other cities about relocations and expansion teams. No one but you guys and a few bloggers are talking about Hartford getting anything close to that.

Hmmm, nhl officials have visited Hartford numerous times. Xl center will get rebuilt, nhl approved company did studies and architect did plans.. we don’t  need to mentioned on nhl network

39 minutes ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

nhl officials have visited Hartford numerous times

There's no proof of this ever happening other than people from the Rangers seeing how the upgrades are going while the Wolf Pack are in Hartford. The only people that claim that "NHL officials" have been in Hartford are a "nacho guy" and blogger who can't "reveal his sources".

40 minutes ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

Xl center will get rebuilt

This is not set in stone as of yet. There is still talk that a reduced plan being worked on. The budget only asks for $40 million of the original $175 million that was "needed" over the next two years, and that money hasn't even been approved as of yet.

44 minutes ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

nhl approved company did studies and architect did plans

This company doesn't just work on or with NHL arenas and cities. They have also worked with the NBA, Colleges, AHL, ECHL, and CHL cities and arenas to build and upgrade their facilities. Honestly, they've done more work in Canada with Junior hockey teams than anything else. Seriously, only 4 of their 28 arenas are for the NHL so just because they were picked it doesn't mean that guarantees the NHL is coming. Also, the company that was picked, SCI Architects, just finished working on MSG. Maybe that's the reason they're in Hartford and not the "return of the NHL".

I'm convinced that FraudHartfordHockeyFan is also Hendrickson.

Want to put that to rest?  Come meet me face to face on Sat urday at the UConn game...after all, you say you go to every one???  WhaleGuy and I sit at the top of 105.  Do come by and say hi..  If you have the guts, that is.

Edited by MarkH2919

Going by what others have said about meeting you, that's not worth my time. I've even asked former booster club members about you and they've told me about the type of person you are. Either you'll run away or be really quiet, and then you'll come on here and talk about how you "showed me" and that I was "shaking in my boots". It's a no win situation for me because no matter what I say, no one will believe me.

10 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

There's no proof of this ever happening other than people from the Rangers seeing how the upgrades are going while the Wolf Pack are in Hartford. The only people that claim that "NHL officials" have been in Hartford are a "nacho guy" and blogger who can't "reveal his sources".

This is not set in stone as of yet. There is still talk that a reduced plan being worked on. The budget only asks for $40 million of the original $175 million that was "needed" over the next two years, and that money hasn't even been approved as of yet.

This company doesn't just work on or with NHL arenas and cities. They have also worked with the NBA, Colleges, AHL, ECHL, and CHL cities and arenas to build and upgrade their facilities. Honestly, they've done more work in Canada with Junior hockey teams than anything else. Seriously, only 4 of their 28 arenas are for the NHL so just because they were picked it doesn't mean that guarantees the NHL is coming. Also, the company that was picked, SCI Architects, just finished working on MSG. Maybe that's the reason they're in Hartford and not the "return of the NHL".

Just because you re**se to acknowledge it doesn’t mean it’s not happening and the study was done to prove we can be an nhl market idiot, nothing to do with msg.. 

" I've even asked former booster club members about you and they've told me about the type of person you are. Either you'll run away or be really quiet, and then you'll come on here and talk about how you "showed me" and that I was "shaking in my boots".

LMAO....what a liar.  Holy crap.  Ask Hendrickson how I "run away".  Ask Kevin Johnson how I "run away".  What a freaking joke.  You're nothing but a coward that hides behind his computer like the rest of the trolls.

Section 105, Row X, seat 15.  I'm at every UConn game.  Grow a pair and come meet me face to face.