Sign in to follow this  
radcon

Keith Primeau coming back to Hartford????

Facebook say it's Primeau night at the Huskies vs Huskies hockey game at the XL center.

Do you think Primeau will actually be there???

Ed Ronan (former Canadien) is at every UConn game to see his son Corey Ronan.

Nice guy too...sits 2 rows in front of me.

By the way "T"HHF, I noticed you didn't take me up on my offer to visit me at my seat on Sat.  What a shock.

• Like 1

Anyone hear any news if Primeau will actually be there Tuesday night?? Br***** Bonanza Bus facebook can't confirm that he will actually be in attendance, but will probably be there, maybe!! WTF! Why promote and have a "Whalers Kieth Primeau Night", when you are not positive that he will be in attendance or even try to set up a meet and greet with him!!?? Here is an excellent opportunity to promote the Whalers to the city of Hartford!! I just don't get it! 

Oh Yeah, I forgot, all you have to do is add an ex-Whaler name to a game and boom, you have a Whaler night!! And Bob's your uncle!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, radcon said:

Anyone hear any news if Primeau will actually be there Tuesday night?? Br***** Bonanza Bus facebook can't confirm that he will actually be in attendance, but will probably be there, maybe!! WTF! Why promote and have a "Whalers Kieth Primeau Night", when you are not positive that he will be in attendance or even try to set up a meet and greet with him!!?? Here is an excellent opportunity to promote the Whalers to the city of Hartford!! I just don't get it! 

Oh Yeah, I forgot, all you have to do is add an ex-Whaler name to a game and boom, you have a Whaler night!! And Bob's your uncle!!

I agree with this, they need some promotion and advertising for this other than Facebook.thats not an official whaler night and makes them look bad to..maybe everyone wear 55 for the night or a period

18 hours ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

I agree with this, they need some promotion and advertising for this other than Facebook.thats not an official whaler night and makes them look bad to..maybe everyone wear 55 for the night or a period

You won't see anything like that because this "event" isn't even being held by UConn. The "Br***** Bonanza Bus" just had a code or access to a discount link for tickets. There's no guarantee that Keith Primeau his going to be there and The ticket reps from UConn didn't even know that his son was playing for Northeastern. Maybe if they were actually doing this promotion we might have heard more about it.

2 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

You won't see anything like that because this "event" isn't even being held by UConn. The "Br***** Bonanza Bus" just had a code or access to a discount link for tickets. There's no guarantee that Keith Primeau his going to be there and The ticket reps from UConn didn't even know that his son was playing for Northeastern. Maybe if they were actually doing this promotion we might have heard more about it.

Shut up Biggie, this is going to be a Whalers themed event and YES, Primeau will be there, this will be his first time back in the XL Center in over 20 years and people are being encouraged to wear Whalers gear, that means you are not invited, and Whalers merchandise will be available for purchase at the game.

On 11/20/2017 at 11:17 AM, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

Will he actually be at the game? I called up my rep at UConn and he said he hasn't heard anything about UConn holding a special event for that night at all.

^^ His rep at UConn -- Jonathan's dog pile ^^ :D

4 hours ago, WhalerCentral said:

Shut up Biggie, this is going to be a Whalers themed event and YES, Primeau will be there, this will be his first time back in the XL Center in over 20 years and people are being encouraged to wear Whalers gear, that means you are not invited, and Whalers merchandise will be available for purchase at the game.

Well, he wasn't there and neither was anyone else to see UConn beat Northeastern. Heck, his kid didn't even start the game. They announced 2800 but it looked more like they're was only 280 people there. Only about three seasons were **ll of people. There were multiple sections that were either completely empty or only had 4 or 5 people sitting in them. Also, if you cared so much about meeting him then you could have a few years ago when his son was playing in the EHL. I meet him at a few games when his son's team played against my nephew's team in Cromwell.

On 11/28/2017 at 5:51 PM, WhalerCentral said:

Well, another success**l "Whaler Night"!! NOT!!! When is someone get a clue, that you have to actually have the person you are having a "Whaler Night" for ACTUALLY show up at the arena! This is a reason that you will never see the Whalers back in Hartford. Stupid, idiotic promotions like this. False advertising. Good thing I didn't waste my time on a 2 hour trip! At least the Falcons got Big Papi to show up.

51 minutes ago, radcon said:

Well, another success**l "Whaler Night"!! NOT!!! When is someone get a clue, that you have to actually have the person you are having a "Whaler Night" for ACTUALLY show up at the arena! This is a reason that you will never see the Whalers back in Hartford. Stupid, idiotic promotions like this. False advertising. Good thing I didn't waste my time on a 2 hour trip! At least the Falcons got Big Papi to show up.

Radcon, simmer down and get a hold of yourself.  Primeau is older now, he wouldn't have been able to enjoy his son's game and at the same time entertain the hundreds/thousands of selfie and autograph requests, there simply is not enough security or police working these days to handle those kind of pop-up security requests on short notice, especially with Verbeek in the building at the same time, so it was probably decided for the best of everyone to have him watch the game from home.  You've seen the narrow stairwells between sections, you can't have lines of people sitting on the stairs waiting for autographs and the chance to talk with Primeau, it's a safety/fire hazard and not good for security.