TrueHartfordHockeyFan

Hurricanes sold and staying

247Sports?  Biggie, that link is a few months old.

Greenberg has no money, he is buying nothing.

Hurricanes or Coyotes are moving here in the next 18 months, it is a done deal, the league will be informing us which team of those two is moving here before June 2018.

Jersey, I have to agree with you, the Hurrican'ts  couldn't draw even if they a Nascar race, a Duke - NC State basketball and a beach volleyball game (with the players in bikinis) before the game, a UNC -Wake Forest basketball game during the first and second intermissions and a Durham Bulls - Pawtucket Red Sox baseball game after the game...:lol:

• Like 1

They may not stay long term, but in the short term, they have a lease until 2024.  I don't suspect they will go anywhere while the lease is still active, especially if the rumors are true that PK is going to keep a piece of the franchise.

Edited by MarkH2919

On 11/29/2017 at 4:12 PM, WhalerCentral said:

Hurricanes or Coyotes are moving here in the next 18 months, it is a done deal, the league will be informing us which team of those two is moving here before June 2018.

I got that date marked on my calendar and will hold you to it!!

From a few hours ago: " The NHL has previously made it clear that no sale would go through without a commitment that the team will stay in Carolina for the time being, something that Dundon was more than willing to accept. Relocation is not on the table at this time, despite some struggling attendance numbers in Raleigh."

After three years, Dundon has the option to buy Karmanos out, who for that time will own 48% of the team.

Just saying.

Edited by Mr. Brass Bonanza

I was right, it's a 3 year time table, 3 years from now is 2020, that is when they are moving to Hartford, Governor Bronin will be here to greet them, he has already courted the NHL back to Hartford, the big money investors are patiently there on the sidelines and have already met with current Governor Malloy, the XL Center has a new ice sheet, all the pieces of the puzzle have fallen into place.

25 minutes ago, WhalerCentral said:

I was right, it's a 3 year time table, 3 years from now is 2020, that is when they are moving to Hartford, Governor Bronin will be here to greet them, he has already courted the NHL back to Hartford, the big money investors are patiently there on the sidelines and have already met with current Governor Malloy, the XL Center has a new ice sheet, all the pieces of the puzzle have fallen into place.

On 11/29/2017 at 4:12 PM, WhalerCentral said:

247Sports?  Biggie, that link is a few months old.

Greenberg has no money, he is buying nothing.

You were wrong!!! You said 2018!! 2 years off! 

It looks like the Hurricanes won't be here, according to your master plane it will be the Coyotes!!

But the reality is, no one will be here!

1 hour ago, radcon said:

But the reality is, no one will be here!

Whatever you say Biggie, I mean, radcon.

The Governor is working with the NHL and is also working with local investors  who have enough money to purchase a team and also they might be working with Howard Baldwin and the Chase family, and they are just waiting for the upcoming renovations to be complete, before moving a team here.

Carolina is out of play for now.  That still leaves Arizona, Florida, the Islanders, and perhaps Ottawa and Calgary.

There are other chances.  Relax.

47 minutes ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

I give it a couple years, no way Carolina stays there with those numbers.

I agree. Dundon probably already has a plan to bolt after three seasons, but it may be to Houson.

Hey Frank...you're losing your touch. You forgot to mention Amazon and CVS in your rhetoric.

The numbers are bad, no two ways about that, but history in Raleigh has proven that if the team is winning, people come in droves.  

And, as mentioned, the Canes have a lease until 2024.  If Dundon buys out PK in 3 years (which is definitely possible), that's still only 2021.  The lease will have 4 more seasons to run.

In my opinion, with this sale, the Canes relocation talks, at least for now...vanish.  Once PK gets bought out, which could be in a year...or 3...or he may own his percentage until he dies...all bets are off.

I still say...in order of team that I think would be the most likely to relocate here, should it happen, to least likely...

1) Arizona

2) NY Islanders

3) Florida

4) Ottawa

5) Calgary

Edited by MarkH2919

The Hurricanes are moving back to Hartford, that is a sure thing, the only question is WHEN.  Will the investors in Hartford wait until all of the XL renovations are complete, or will the investors in Hartford petition the league to allow the Hurricanes to move here earlier, violating previous intentions to stay in Carolina.  Governor Malloy has said numerous times that he is receiving communications on a regular basis from investor groups trying to move a team to Hartford, that is the reason for the new ice sheet and tens of millions just approved for more XL upgrades, the only question is how much longer are the local investors willing to stay quiet and will the league let intentions of staying in Carolina be violated, I see the Hurricanes moving back here sooner rather than later.

32 minutes ago, WhalerCentral said:

The Hurricanes are moving back to Hartford, that is a sure thing, the only question is WHEN.  Will the investors in Hartford wait until all of the XL renovations are complete, or will the investors in Hartford petition the league to allow the Hurricanes to move here earlier, violating previous intentions to stay in Carolina.  Governor Malloy has said numerous times that he is receiving communications on a regular basis from investor groups trying to move a team to Hartford, that is the reason for the new ice sheet and tens of millions just approved for more XL upgrades, the only question is how much longer are the local investors willing to stay quiet and will the league let intentions of staying in Carolina be violated, I see the Hurricanes moving back here sooner rather than later.

You forgot to mention Amazon and CVS. Or, are they now out of your plan? Have you adjusted your business model in response to the recent economic forecast?

1 minute ago, Mr. Br***** Bonanza said:

You forgot to mention Amazon and CVS. Or, are they now out of your plan? Have you adjusted your business model in response to the recent economic forecast?

Josh, no matter what crap you are spewing today, the Whalers are coming back, it is a sure thing, all the pieces of the puzzle are in place.

29 minutes ago, Mr. Br***** Bonanza said:

LOL! Now I'M Biggie. This puts a whole new light on your increasingly-elevating insanity.

That's good stuff, Frank, good stuff.

So, I guess if you don't believe the Whalers are moving here next year, you're anti-Hartford, anti-Whalers, and just have to be Biggie/Josh trolling the board under another screen name. Man, this WC guy is really insane.