TrueHartfordHockeyFan

Hurricanes sold and staying

1 hour ago, WhalerCentral said:

The Hurricanes are moving back to Hartford, that is a sure thing, the only question is WHEN.  Will the investors in Hartford wait until all of the XL renovations are complete, or will the investors in Hartford petition the league to allow the Hurricanes to move here earlier, violating previous intentions to stay in Carolina.  Governor Malloy has said numerous times that he is receiving communications on a regular basis from investor groups trying to move a team to Hartford, that is the reason for the new ice sheet and tens of millions just approved for more XL upgrades, the only question is how much longer are the local investors willing to stay quiet and will the league let intentions of staying in Carolina be violated, I see the Hurricanes moving back here sooner rather than later.

I hope the deal includes Chuck's Steak House also!!!:lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhalerCentral said:

The Hurricanes are moving back to Hartford, that is a sure thing, the only question is WHEN.  Will the investors in Hartford wait until all of the XL renovations are complete, or will the investors in Hartford petition the league to allow the Hurricanes to move here earlier, violating previous intentions to stay in Carolina.  Governor Malloy has said numerous times that he is receiving communications on a regular basis from investor groups trying to move a team to Hartford, that is the reason for the new ice sheet and tens of millions just approved for more XL upgrades, the only question is how much longer are the local investors willing to stay quiet and will the league let intentions of staying in Carolina be violated, I see the Hurricanes moving back here sooner rather than later.

So, even though the BOG hasn't officially approved the partial sale of the Canes from Karmanos to the guy in Texas, Frankie has them moving to Hartford "sooner rather than later"?  Never mind they have a lease until 2024.  Never mind that Karmanos would rather be buried in a mountain of fire ants than move the team back here and never mind that technically speaking the guy in Texas DOESN'T OWN THE FREAKING TEAM YET.....

WOW.  There were times I might have sounded a bit...how should I put this....overly optimistic...but this is plain old freaking nutso.

2 hours ago, WhalerCentral said:

So, even though the BOG hasn't officially approved the partial sale of the Canes from Karmanos to the guy in Texas, Frankie has them moving to Hartford "sooner rather than later"?  Never mind they have a lease until 2024.  Never mind that Karmanos would rather be buried in a mountain of fire ants than move the team back here and never mind that technically speaking the guy in Texas DOESN'T OWN THE FREAKING TEAM YET.....

WOW.  There were times I might have sounded a bit...how should I put this....overly optimistic...but this is plain old freaking nutso.

Hartford is at the top of the list.

As I said in another thread, we know of 3 NHL franchises in various stages of trouble.  There could be more, Arizona's arena deal collapsed again, they are at about square one in Arizona.  Everybody knows about Karmanos and his money issues in Raleigh, we know the Islanders situation.  Maybe there are more, the Devils? Florida? Ottawa or Calgary?  Maybe some other team?

17 minutes ago, WhalerCentral said:

Hartford is at the top of the list.

As I said in another thread, we know of 3 NHL franchises in various stages of trouble.  There could be more, Arizona's arena deal collapsed again, they are at about square one in Arizona.  Everybody knows about Karmanos and his money issues in Raleigh, we know the Islanders situation.  Maybe there are more, the Devils? Florida? Ottawa or Calgary?  Maybe some other team?

There are plenty of cities that are ahead of Hartford. None of the lists I've seen this year even have Hartford in them. Of course you have Seattle and then you have Houston, Quebec, Hamilton, Kansas City, and even Markham. That's more cities than teams that "could move". Hartford is also nowhere near as setup as those cities are and we don't have any proof that Hartford is even on a path to be on their level.

Arizona I agree with.  

The Islanders I agree with.

Carolina, for now, is staying put.  As long as that deal goes through and Karmanos owns 48%, they remain in Raleigh.

Florida just got a big fat subsidy from Broward County.  So I don't think they're going anywhere, at least at the moment.

Ottawa and Calgary have various situations...they're way down the list, at least for now.

Hartford's best bets, at the moment, are Arizona or the Islanders.  Period.

There are certainly people who disagree with me on this, but I think when Karmanos bought the Whalers, he truly believed he would right the ship and wanted the Whalers to stay in Hartford. Things just went from bad to worse financially, and when people started calling him a liar and all that, he just said "eff it, I'm not dealing with this crap" and left. I also believe  he was sincere that he said he felt having to move the team was a personal failure. Of course since then, the hate for him exploded and he now views us as the land of the antichrist. I think this Dundon is going into buying the Hurricanes with the same intension...he wants to make the team a success. There is no evidence, however, of this happening. Where I think Karmanos truly believed he would make the Whalers a success, I think Dundon has it in his mind that if he fails as Karmanos did in Hartford, he's going to move when he buys Karmanos out. I'm not saying they're coming here, but I think the Hurricanes are on the move come summer 2021.

"There are plenty of cities that are ahead of Hartford. None of the lists I've seen this year even have Hartford in them. Of course you have Seattle and then you have Houston, Quebec, Hamilton, Kansas City, and even Markham"

Here we go again...

Seattle will get an expansion team, and before you start running off at the mouth, as you tend to do...there are roughly 600-650 million reasons why they will.  

Houston is interesting, but I don't know how enthusiastic the NHL is to move to another southern market.  Granted, Houston is bigger than most of the southern markets, if not all of them, and granted, Houston has had hockey before, from the Aeros of the WHA to the Aeros of the AHL.  I'd take a "wait and see" approach on Houston, for now anyway.

Quebec...they have a building...they have an ownership group...but there is ZERO desire from the NHL to go there.  

Hamilton...LMAO...they have a building that is just as outdated as ours, they have Toronto and Buffalo that would block a move, not support it, and they have no ownership group.

Kansas City...LMAO again, if the NHL really wanted to go to Kansas City, they would have pulled the plug on the Coyotes and moved them there years ago.  Please, for the love of God, stop with freaking Kansas City.

Markham...LMAO a third time...we may have an outdated building...but at least we have a building.  What does Markham have?  Zilch.

So, to sum up...

Seattle gets expansion team, not relocation.  So cross them off.  Houston...is ahead of Hartford.  The rest?  Not so much.  

The NHL won't also want to relocate teams across conferences, meaning that Arizona would likely be the one going to KC as well. Quebec could get Florida or Carolina depending on the cir*****stance. Hartford would really only be behind Quebec in the eastern conf.

"The NHL won't also want to relocate teams across conferences, meaning that Arizona would likely be the one going to KC as well."

I keep saying it...and it keeps falling on deaf ears.

If the NHL really wanted to be in Kansas City, the Coyotes would have moved there 5-6-7 years ago.  Stop it with Kansas City, I'm begging you.