Sign in to follow this  
Monizzle145

5 Ways to Save the XL Center

Recommended Posts

Made this video on my youtube page

1. Free garage for current AHL/Uconn hockey
2. Do not renew AHL hokey in hartford scarcity
3. Lower uconn basketball tickets/provide upgrades day of game
4. Push to steal big artists from Mohegan sun
5. Become the LA Forum of the Northeast

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Good idea - Springfield does that now and that garage is always **ll. I just don't know how much money they're losing or "eating" because of that deal.

2. No AHL is a guaranteed loss of at least $2 million to $4 million just in tickets sales. I'm not even counting **ll price, fees, merchandise, food, and parking. Also, that's with only an average of 3000 a game. If the building is losing $1 million to $2 million with the AHL, just imagine how much it would be losing without it.

3. UConn will not be reducing their prices, ever. They are short on cash as it is and the state keeps trying to take more away from them. Also, what are these "upgrades" you're speaking of for the day of games?

4. Not going to pull artists away from the casinos without putting up a ton of money that the state doesn't have to spend. 

5. Good luck with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2- no ahl means no operatkng losses stupid.. plus you save 1.4 mill right from the start stupid.. 

4 they met today to discuss this, and if there is a buyer than we need not worry..

5 that’s only your mentality of stupid.. dd park was a start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

1. Good idea - Springfield does that now and that garage is always **ll. I just don't know how much money they're losing or "eating" because of that deal.

2. No AHL is a guaranteed loss of at least $2 million to $4 million just in tickets sales. I'm not even counting **ll price, fees, merchandise, food, and parking. Also, that's with only an average of 3000 a game. If the building is losing $1 million to $2 million with the AHL, just imagine how much it would be losing without it.

3. UConn will not be reducing their prices, ever. They are short on cash as it is and the state keeps trying to take more away from them. Also, what are these "upgrades" you're speaking of for the day of games?

4. Not going to pull artists away from the casinos without putting up a ton of money that the state doesn't have to spend. 

5. Good luck with that.

Uconn Mens basketball is actually offering better and better black friday and minigame/holiday plans to get you to commit to a 3 game or 5 game pack and you can get decent lower level seats that only were season ticket only years ago. They don't need to cut courtside or dead center seating. But they can do better with allowing fans to buy corner and behind back lowers.

As far as the wolf pack lets just be nice and say they can get 2 million in season ticket sales. The cost for lights, zamboni, concourse workers in a venue that is nearly the size of most NHL venues cancels out the base of season ticket holders. And much of those ticket sales is absorbed by the Rangers and the team. And on top of that none of the AHL games are on TV. If corporate money that makes up most of the wolf pack ticket sales moves 100% to Uconn hockey each event would better offset the cost to operate in such a large venue for minor league or college sports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only 2 ways needed to save the XL Center:

1)  Sell it to either: AMAZON or UCONN, both of which have very deep pockets and could easily afford it

2)  then, have the Whalers come back home from Carolina

Both of those two things could easily happen in 2018, I am expecting them to both happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, WhalerCentral said:

Only 2 ways needed to save the XL Center:

1)  Sell it to either: AMAZON or UCONN, both of which have very deep pockets and could easily afford it

2)  then, have the Whalers come back home from Carolina

Both of those two things could easily happen in 2018, I am expecting them to both happen.

What would Amazon do with a Civic Center? UConn is part of the state - which is raising taxes on taxpayers. UConn is not going to buy it....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Monizzle145 said:

As far as the wolf pack lets just be nice and say they can get 2 million in season ticket sales. The cost for lights, zamboni, concourse workers in a venue that is nearly the size of most NHL venues cancels out the base of season ticket holders. And much of those ticket sales is absorbed by the Rangers and the team. And on top of that none of the AHL games are on TV. If corporate money that makes up most of the wolf pack ticket sales moves 100% to Uconn hockey each event would better offset the cost to operate in such a large venue for minor league or college sports.

The most UConn Hockey can have per game is around 8,000. The NCAA and Hockey East put sanctions on them because they are playing in the XL Center and not in an arena on campus. So, that means the most they can have in the arena per year is 128,000, there's no way that's going to happen. UConn's numbers are falling like a rock. They just had a basketball game, on campus, that only had 3800 people. That's just sad no matter what day it is, who they're playing, or what the weather was that day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"As far as the wolf pack lets just be nice and say they can get 2 million in season ticket sale"

I know you're trying to be nice Monizzle, but I am 1000% sure there isn't any AHL team that generates $2M in season ticket sales.  The most expensive AHL season ticket can't be more than say...$1000-$1200.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

The most UConn Hockey can have per game is around 8,000. The NCAA and Hockey East put sanctions on them because they are playing in the XL Center and not in an arena on campus. So, that means the most they can have in the arena per year is 128,000, there's no way that's going to happen. UConn's numbers are falling like a rock. They just had a basketball game, on campus, that only had 3800 people. That's just sad no matter what day it is, who they're playing, or what the weather was that day.

Uconn got more people out for their game this week than the wolf pack did for a game the next day. So it's not like the Wolf pack are going to get close to 8,000 people except maybe on the scout night (if they still have it). I remember 10 years ago getting free tickets to a  wolf pack playoff game and there were maybe 2,000 people there. And the packs attendance is dropping off the edge **rther than Uconn since then. There are too many hockey games downtown and 30 something wolf pack home games can't be profitable even with corporate sponsors buying a % of the pack season tickets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The NCAA and Hockey East put sanctions on them because they are playing in the XL Center and not in an arena on campus"

The NCAA had nothing to do with it, you idiot.  Some of the smaller HE schools, like Maine and Merrimack, wanted some kind of max placed on capacity so UConn wouldn't blow everyone away attendance wise.  Hockey East was the one that set UConn's capacity at 8,000 (officially 8,089), not the NCAA.

As for the basketball game...it's been a long, long time since the UConn men have had crowds like 3800 for a home game, regardless of location, regardless of opponent.  But...as mentioned...the basketball game drew almost 2 1/2 times what the WolfPack drew on the same night.  

If you want some **rther perspective, I offer the following....Frietas Ice Forum in Storrs seats 2000.  The WolfPack could have played Wednesday night at Frietas instead of Hartford....and had tickets left over.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this