It looks like Mark was wrong about Seattle being way behind Hartford when it comes to being "NHL ready". They have all the things that he "claims" Hartford "has had for years".

"@SeattleCouncil - has authorized Mayor Durkan to execute an agreement with Oak View Group to redevelop @KeyArenaSeattle into a world-cl***** multi-purpose sports and entertainment arena.

KeyArena agreement commits Oak View Group to covering project costs, including project overruns, and a bevy of other stuff, including:"

DQPhkSOUEAAwtoP.jpg:large

"It looks like Mark was wrong about Seattle being way behind Hartford when it comes to being "NHL ready". They have all the things that he "claims" Hartford "has had for years".

In a pinch, Hartford could host the NHL tomorrow.  Can Seattle?  No.  Why?  Because the building, as currently constructed, has less than 11,000 seats with unobstructed views...

When Seattle begins work on a renovation, call me.  Until then, ST**.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkH2919 said:

In a pinch, Hartford could host the NHL tomorrow.  Can Seattle?  No.  Why?  Because the building, as currently constructed, has less than 11,000 seats with unobstructed views...

When Seattle begins work on a renovation, call me.  Until then, ST**.

The XL Center wouldn't even be able to hold a NHL preseason game with how rundown it is and since it's falling apart at the seems. It needs almost $300 million just to keep UConn in the building. There's no way it could hold the NHL, even on a temporary basis from what you've been telling us. That's why the state is trying to sell it and let it be someone else's problem to fix. We just don't have the money to hold onto a 40 year old, $2 million a year, money pit.

Also, please watch your language. No one needs to see "**" when they're actually censoring something wrong.

Edited by TrueHartfordHockeyFan

Actually they did say they could have the islanders play here a couple seasons till they have a home or they can build to suit there needs to make it permanent..that was in the letter and I’m sore there was some pre authorization for it from the league.. bye liar 

Whether they get the NHL,NBA or neither I like how investors actually are **lly financing a project. I am sick of seeing horrible taxpayer stories like the marlins or 30 year fiascos like St. Louis and the dome they still are paying off. It would be nice if the investors in the dark here in CT would put something up even if it is $200 dollars lol.

Even if no pro sport come back Seattle has an Arena saved from demolition and a venue that will continue to be used for concerts.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

Actually they did say they could have the islanders play here a couple seasons till they have a home or they can build to suit there needs to make it permanent..that was in the letter and I’m sore there was some pre authorization for it from the league.. bye liar 

Oh, you're "sore" that the governor had approval from the league? Really? That's **nny because no one knew about that letter until the Governor released it. The league and the Islanders had no clue about it and neither did the CRDA or even Spectra. Also, how can they "build to suit" when they can't even pay "for what's needed or the building would have to be closed"? You don't know anything.

10 minutes ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

Not happening given the money the Isles get to stay in the NYC Metro from MSG. Best chance for anything at the XL is the Canes or Panthers coming here. Islanders would lose millions of dollars and breach their contract with MSG if they came here to Hartford even for 1 regular season home game.

51 minutes ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

I agree I dknt think it’s happening but it was just to prove a point to biggie.. it was a letter of intent to either play in Hartford temporarily or build to suit..

It wasn't anything. There was no "intent" at all. All the letter said was, "We would like for you to make us millions of dollars, so please talk to us now!!!" That's all it was and from the sound of it, that letter never even left the state.

And dude, you don't quote something unless that's literally what someone said or a letter has written on it verbatim. That's like saying, "it's literally raining cats and dogs." No, Einstein.

Edited by Mr. Brass Bonanza

16 minutes ago, Mr. Br***** Bonanza said:

And dude, you don't quote something unless that's literally what someone said or a letter has written on it verbatim. That's like saying, "it's literally raining cats and dogs." No, Einstein.

Umm, yeah you do. It's called "first person singular" and it's basic grammar that's thought in elementary school. Also, thanks to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary "literally" now has two definitions. It mean the exact number like, "Gordie Howe is literally the oldest person to ever play hockey professionally." It can also be used to show emphasis to make things sound more important like, "There are literally millions of Whalers fans that are working to being the team back to Hartford."

Umm, no, you don't! I teach English. It's like watching someone try to convince you the sky is brown and Earth is flat. Are you even reading your own words? You continue to prove what an idiot you are, as if you're doing it on purpose. Stupidity is a pet peeve of mine, otherwise I would find you humorous.

""There are literally millions of Whalers fans that are working to being the team back to Hartford"

Or...you are literally a complete freaking moron.

• Like 1

I have another one.  "You are literally a fraud and and a coward and just posts here to troll on people that actually want the Whalers to return.

Hey, this is pretty easy, Mr. BB.  :lol:

• Like 1

So this effing dope is trying to school me on English grammar, and posts this:

""There are literally millions of Whalers fans that are working to being the team back to Hartford"

Yeah...so..."working to BEING the team back?" Is that a fact, void brain? What do you mean, we are BEING? Where did you learn English to say we are BEING the team back to Hartford? Such stupidity.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

It wasn't anything. There was no "intent" at all. All the letter said was, "We would like for you to make us millions of dollars, so please talk to us now!!!" That's all it was and from the sound of it, that letter never even left the state.

This is how stupid you are, the intent of the letter was to try and get the islanders attention, to either play on a part time basis until a option opens or build to suit.. that’s what it says stupid.. now you are a liar and a stupid.

And what do you mean the letter never left Connecticut? It was delivered to the New York Islanders. The New York Islanders play in New York. New York is outside of Connecticut. So YES...the letter left Connecticut.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Br***** Bonanza said:

And what do you mean the letter never left Connecticut? It was delivered to the New York Islanders. The New York Islanders play in New York. New York is outside of Connecticut. So YES...the letter left Connecticut.

That's not what the Islanders had to say about it.

“The public letter that the Connecticut Governor’s office released earlier today was the first we had heard of the news … We are thrilled to be playing this season in front of our p*****ionate New York Islanders fan base at Barclays Center, with the goal of making the playoffs. We look forward to another great year of New York Islanders hockey at Barclays Center next season.”

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/02/03/islanders-statement-addresses-connecticut-courtship-doesnt-kill-all-rumors/

Notice where is says "public letter" and "first we heard"? It was all just one big publicity stunt by Malloy and Bronin to try and save face. Also, why would they need to send a letter to the Islander letting them know they can "move in anytime" if there were two other groups trying to buy NHL team and bring them to Hartford? It's all a bunch of lies, smoke and mirrors to distract you from the truth that the Whalers are probably never coming back, ever. They couldn't even find more than one company willing to put up and money for the upgrades and from the sound of it they weren't putting up much.

3 hours ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

This is how stupid you are, the intent of the letter was to try and get the islanders attention, to either play on a part time basis until a option opens or build to suit.. that’s what it says stupid.. now you are a liar and a stupid.

Well, it didn't get their attention because they never got it. When they did hear about it, they basically ignored it. Look above ^^

Edited by TrueHartfordHockeyFan

Here's what I find really disappointing about this news in Seattle. Oak View Group is private business with big name sports and entertainment leaders like Tim Leiweke and Irving Azoff that is willing to privately pay for a $600 million state of the art renovation of an old arena and get it to NHL and NBA standards. Plus, Oak View Group is paying another $40 million of private money into a city transportation **nd in Seattle and $20 million to local Seattle charities. And a billionaire like David Bonderman and a millionaire like Jerry Bruckheimer are interested in paying for a NHL team and having it play in the renovated Key Arena when Oak View Group is finished with the renovation.
If Hartford is such a can't miss hockey market that NHL wants to get back into, and that really rich business people want to own a pro hockey team in, and that big name entertainment and sports investors believe in, then why isn't a company like Oak View Group willing to pay $250 million for the renovations that Governor Malloy says the XL center needs to become a state of the art NHL arena? I mean, the renovation of XL Center that Malloy and Freimuth talk about is less than half the price of the Key Arena renovation. And that's even before you count the other $60 million of private money Oak View Group is paying on transportation and charity **nding. Hartford had a NHL team as recently as 20 years ago. Seattle hasn't had major league ice hockey team for over 90 years. So why is Oak View Group getting ready to break ground on Key arena renovation in Seattle while Hartford is hoping some private group might step up and make an offer to buy the XL Center? 

So frustrating and disappointing.          

Exactly Chad. If Hartford is such a prime market just waiting for investors to show up, then why aren't any? Honestly, they're really doesn't seem to be any investors that care about Hartford at all. We even have corporations leaving and laying people off all over the state. Heck, GE just announced another layoff after ESPN and Aetna announced their's.