Oh great, now Biggie and his handpuppet Chad are teaming up to bad mouth Hartford, can only be a few minutes now before p4277 rolls in and takes a dump on Hartford also.

Whalers are coming back in 2018 or 2019 no matter what these bums say.

I am not a hand puppet for anyone. I speak MY mind when I feel like doing so.                                                                                                 

And I am not bad mouthing Hartford. I am just saying that I am frustrated and disappointed that a really rich and really well connected company like Oak View Group chose to spend $600 million of private money to renovate an old arena in Seattle and turn it into a NHL ready arena, but for some reason they did not choose to spend less then half that much money on Governor Malloy's $240 million XL Center renovation. And I wonder why? Hartford had a NHL team just 20 years ago. Seattle has not had a major league hockey team for over 90 years. So why does Oak View Group think renovating Key Arena in Seattle for $600 million is a better investment than renovating XL Center in Hartford for $240 million?

When is Hartford's Oak View Group level investor going to show up and spend big money to help make Hartford a NHL market again? I am sick and tired of seeing this happen in other places, but not Hartford. And I want to know why it is happening?                                                                       

Can you explain to me why it is a positive for Hartford that an experienced sports and entertainment investment company like Oak View Group chose to spend $600 million in private money renovating Key Arena in Seattle instead of choosing to spend $240 million to renovate XL Center in Hartford?                                                                                               

As somebody who lives and works and volunteers in Hartford and wants to see Hartford succeed, I want to know when our big $$$ investors are coming. I am tired of rumored investors and rumored NHL owners having rumored meetings with Ct politicians. I want big $$$ investors and big $$$ NHL owners to publicly step up like Oak View Group did on Seattle and GET THINGS DONE in Hartford! Enough talking the talk! Talk is cheap. It is time for private XL Center investors  and Hartford NHL owners to start walking the walk!!!                            

Edited by WhalerChad

9 minutes ago, WhalerChad said:

I want to know when our big $$$ investors are coming.

Chad, calm down, the investors for Hartford are already here, the Governor has confirmed their presence numerous times along with Evo, they have "deep pockets" according to the Governor and they will be known to everyone at the appropriate time.  This is the business world, deals are often made behind the scenes, i.e. Yard Goats move from New Britain, you and the rest of Joe Public will know AFTER the fact.  

"This is the business world, deals are often made behind the scenes, i.e. Yard Goats move from New Britain, you and the rest of Joe Public will know AFTER the fact."

Holy $h!t!!!!!!!!  Frank gets it!!!!!!  Miracles ARE possible!!!!!

8 minutes ago, WhalerCentral said:

Chad, calm down, the investors for Hartford are already here, the Governor has confirmed their presence numerous times along with Evo, they have "deep pockets" according to the Governor and they will be known to everyone at the appropriate time.  This is the business world, deals are often made behind the scenes, i.e. Yard Goats move from New Britain, you and the rest of Joe Public will know AFTER the fact.  

More talk. Talk is cheap. $$$$ and action get arenas renovated. $$$$ and action land NHL teams. Talking about rumors of investors and owners and deals is just talk. 

12 minutes ago, WhalerCentral said:

**nny how this only applies to Hartford not nowhere else. I wonder why that is? Oh yeah, because it's all lies being spread by people in this board, the governor, and mayor. We know about all the people that want to put teams in Seattle, Quebec, Toronto 2, and other cities in North America and who is working on buying teams before they were officially sold. Also, we knew about the people that were working to bring teams to Winnipeg and Vegas before they got their teams.

Well golly, I'll just go drive by the Hartford Investors line out on Trumbull Street and see who's standing there tomorrow, since huge investments like this are always out there in the public. (Translation, this buffoon knows sh!t about business.)

And Frank, for the love of God, stop calling this guy Biggie, OK? Biggie at least has hockey smarts and doesn't drop to the level of personal insults. This guy is a new form of Hartford hating trash. Call him the King of England or Bizarro or something. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but don't insult Biggie that way.

3 hours ago, Mr. Br***** Bonanza said:

Well golly, I'll just go drive by the Hartford Investors line out on Trumbull Street and see who's standing there tomorrow, since huge investments like this are always out there in the public. (Translation, this buffoon knows sh!t about business.)

Okay, then explain why we know that the Oak View Group are working with Jerry Bruckheimer and David Bonderman to bring the NBA/NHL to Seattle. We know that Tilman Fertitta, the owner of the NBA’s Houston Rockets, has been meeting with the NHL and looking into the possibility of getting a team. We know that GTA Sports & Entertainment and Graeme Roustan have been trying to build a new arena in Markham for years now in hopes to bring another NHL team to the Toronto area. We know that Quebecor and Quebec City have built a new arena and even submitted a bid for expansion to get a team but they're fighting against a soft Canadian dollar. Then, we can bring up the two cites that got teams, Winnipeg and Vegas, and we knew about their owners long before they bought/were awarded their teams. Yet, we know nothing about any of these "investors" that are willing to spend millions or possibly billions to bring a team back to Hartford. How can not see that business is working just fine everywhere else, but in Hartford it's all "behind closed doors" and has to be "keep quiet"?

6 minutes ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

Okay, then explain why we know that the Oak View Group are working with Jerry Bruckheimer and David Bonderman to bring the NBA/NHL to Seattle. We know that Tilman Fertitta, the owner of the NBA’s Houston Rockets, has been meeting with the NHL and looking into the possibility of getting a team. We know that GTA Sports & Entertainment and Graeme Roustan have been trying to build a new arena in Markham for years now in hopes to bring another NHL team to the Toronto area. We know that Quebecor and Quebec City have built a new arena and even submitted a bid for expansion to get a team but they're fighting against a soft Canadian dollar. Then, we can bring up the two cites that got teams, Winnipeg and Vegas, and we knew about their owners long before they bought/were awarded their teams. Yet, we know nothing about any of these "investors" that are willing to spend millions or possibly billions to bring a team back to Hartford. How can not see that business is working just fine everywhere else, but in Hartford it's all "behind closed doors" and has to be "keep quiet"?

It’s not really behind closed doors, people have said it but you don’t want it to happen antihartfordwhalerfakeliar

6 minutes ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

It’s not really behind closed doors, people have said it but you don’t want it to happen antihartfordwhalerfakeliar

People have "said" a lot of stuff, but none of them have any actual proof of anything happening. Until that happens, Hartford will be at the bottom of every list of potential cities. Heck, they're even pushing through with the sale of the building a year early in the hope that they can sell it, and then new contracts with UConn and the AHL can be signed. If there was any possibility of a NHL team coming to Hartford then there would be no reason for them to be acting this desperate.

I keep saying it, but morons like Fraudie and the other haters don't believe it.  

What is said in the media and what happens behind closed doors, especially in the business and political world, are two completely different things.

10 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

People have "said" a lot of stuff, but none of them have any actual proof of anything happening. Until that happens, Hartford will be at the bottom of every list of potential cities. Heck, they're even pushing through with the sale of the building a year early in the hope that they can sell it, and then new contracts with UConn and the AHL can be signed. If there was any possibility of a NHL team coming to Hartford then there would be no reason for them to be acting this desperate.

Did you see the letter, did you see the plans, well than there’s your proof

3 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

What is said in the media and what happens behind closed doors, especially in the business and political world, are two completely different things.

Except when it isn't. Oak View Group and Seattle politicians did not seem to have problems with $600 million plan to renovate Key Arena being covered in media. The whole process has been covered in media from start to finish. Tim Leiweke started talking to Seattle media about Oak View Group wanting to renovate Key Arena back in October of last year. There have been stories in media about it ever since. Leiweke told the media 8 months ago that billionaire David Bonderman and millionaire Jerry Bruckheimer were joining the Oak View Group Key Arena project as owners of potential Seattle NHL team.  
Maybe governor Malloy's $240 million renovation of XL Center has already started and a private investor has already bought the XL Center and Hartford NHL owners have already been chosen, but Hartford media is just REALLY good at keeping a secret. We'd better stop talking about it out here or we might bring the whole deal crashing down. Shhhhhhh.
Bulls**t! NHL fans in Hartford and Ct need to be given some hope! Instead what we get is year after year after year of rumors and nothing else.

4 minutes ago, WhalerChad said:

NHL fans in Hartford and Ct need to be given some hope!

Within the next 24 months, there will be a major NHL Press Conference in Hartford, Governor Luke Bronin will be attending as he has spearheaded this project with current Governor Malloy, they have been pushing for the NHL for the past year, they are pumping tens of millions of state dollars into the XL Center and are doing so for a reason, there is stuff going on behind the scenes the likes of which your little pea brain could never handle, so to try and explain it to you would be a complete waste of time.  There are major league investors lined up to bring the NHL to Hartford, current Governor Malloy has mentioned these investors numerous times, and when the XL Center has completed its renovations you will see the chips fall, and you will hear about all of this AFTER the deal is done, this is how major business transactions take place in the business world, you don't see these kinds of deals taking place when you are buying packages of tube socks at Target, it is best if you leave these big transactions up to the professionals and major investors.

3 hours ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

Did you see the letter, did you see the plans, well than there’s your proof

That's proof of Malloy and Bronin wanting to get an NHL team's attention and proof of what would be needed to make the XL Center NHL ready.
Where is the proof of a private investor ready and willing and able to put private money into Malloy's $240 million proposed plan to make XL Center NHL ready? There is no proof. Just rumors and speculation. 
Where is the proof of a billionaire or millionaire business person ready and willing and able to put private money into buying a NHL team for Hartford? There is no proof. Just rumors and speculation.
And that is difference between Seattle and Hartford. Seattle has Oak View Group's publicly stated plan to invest $600 million of private money into renovating Key Arena. Seattle has city council that has publicly voted 7 to 1 in favor of approving memorandum of understanding for Oak View Group to begin moving forward with its plan. Seattle has billionaire David Bonderman and millionaire Jerry Bruckheimer publicly identified as owners of potential Seattle NHL team. Hartford has speculation and rumors.   

Just now, WhalerCentral said:

this is how major business transactions take place in the business world

Well, except in the case of Key Arena renovation deal that is happening in Seattle. That's been publicly talked about since October 2016. Renovation investors identified publicly. Owners of potential Seattle NHL team identified publicly. 
Here in Hartford it is all super-secret, hush-hush, coded messages, behind closed doors, if-I-told-you-I-would-have-to-kill-you espionage to get XL Center renovated.
Pssssssst. WhalerCentral... Blink twice with your right eye while softly whistling Br***** Bonanza if you've met new Hartford NHL team's owners. I promise I will not tell anyone.
9_9

Chad, Seattle does not have an NHL team, there is no interest in Seattle for a hockey team, Seattle is not a major city to the extent that Hartford is and the impact we have on Insurance and Financial, Hartford has already shown we can manage having the NHL and providing a home for the NHL all star game, Seattle has not shown any of those characteristics, Seattle might be a music town, but it is not a sports town.  Hartford just had its baseball team, the Yard Goats, listed as the baseball franchise of the year, there were sellout games almost every week of the season.

Frank, you're going overboard.  Seattle is absolutely a major city, and is absolutely more of a major city than Hartford is.

Chad, if you really think that every business transaction is done out in public in front of everyone, then I have a lovely oceanfront beachhouse in Kansas that you might be interested in.

Seattle is not a sports city, they had an NBA team and it left, it chose the booming metropolis of Oklahoma over staying in Seattle.  No sports team in human history has ever left a city to move to Oklahoma, with the exception of the Seattle SuperSonics, that is how bad Seattle is, Seattle is not a major league sports city to the extent that Hartford is, Hartford has hosted the NHL all star game, Hartford Yard Goats were selling out almost every game, UConn Women sold out Hartford a few nights ago, Hartford will be getting loads of resources pumped into it by CVS.

57 minutes ago, MarkH2919 said:

Chad, if you really think that every business transaction is done out in public in front of everyone, then I have a lovely oceanfront beachhouse in Kansas that you might be interested in.

I never said that I think "every business transaction is done out in public". I do know that going public did not keep Oak View Group from moving its Key Arena renovation plan forward over the past 13 months.

Meanwhile, we've been hearing rumors about supposed behind closed doors meetings and letters and phonecalls between Governor Malloy and potential Hartford NHL team owners and potential XL center renovation investors for how long now? And what has come out of these supposed super-secret and hush-hush meetings and letters and phonecalls? A $35 million stopgap renovation back in 2014. When the CRDA looked for private partners to help with more renos of the XL Center earlier this year, just one bid was made and nothing ever came of it. The Ct legislature has approved just $40 million for more work this year, even though Malloy asked for $250 million. Oh, and the Ct legislature has directed CRDA to try and put XL Center up for sale to a private investor. Keeping negotiations private seems to be working really well for getting the XL Center renovated and bringing the NHL back to Hartford. 9_9  

"I do know that going public did not keep Oak View Group from moving its Key Arena renovation plan forward over the past 13 months."

And they're STILL a year away from even breaking ground on the renovation...a lot can happen in a year.

"And what has come out of these supposed super-secret and hush-hush meetings and letters and phonecalls? A $35 million stopgap renovation back in 2014. When the CRDA looked for private partners to help with more renos of the XL Center earlier this year, just one bid was made and nothing ever came of it. The Ct legislature has approved just $40 million for more work this year, even though Malloy asked for $250 million."

So we're actually at $75M, aren't we?  And in truth, that number is closer to $80M, because of the work done this past summer to do the ice plant and piping under the arena floor, plus purchase of new dasher boards, gla$$, etc.  

We know there are a bunch of franchises that have serious financial issues and/or serious arena problems.  We also know that Hartford has a NHL ready ice surface, a building that has a renovation plan, and a market of over 1.7M people in the Knowledge Corridor that is larger than several markets that already have NHL teams.  So we have the pieces...we just need the one piece...which, arguably, is the most important one...to put it all together.

Edited by MarkH2919

2 hours ago, WhalerCentral said:

Chad, Seattle does not have an NHL team, there is no interest in Seattle for a hockey team, Seattle is not a major city to the extent that Hartford is and the impact we have on Insurance and Financial, Hartford has already shown we can manage having the NHL and providing a home for the NHL all star game, Seattle has not shown any of those characteristics, Seattle might be a music town, but it is not a sports town.  Hartford just had its baseball team, the Yard Goats, listed as the baseball franchise of the year, there were sellout games almost every week of the season.

Seattle isn't a "major city" and isn't a "sports town". Now, I know how stupid you really are. Thank you for posting this and your post about "governor Bronin". Let's start with Seattle Sports,  shall we. They have three of the five major professional sports franchises in North America, the Seahawks (NFL), the Mariners (MLB), and the Sounders (MLS) that bring in between 30,000 to 50,000 people a game. They use to have the Sonics as well and they left because the new owner of the team wanted the city to build him a new arena. He actually was willing to pay the $45 million to break the lease just to get out of having to pay to build his own arena in Seattle. Most people think he only did that because he wanted to move the team to begin with but didn't want to say that was his plan. That's not Seattle's fault. 

Now, on to it not being a "major city". Seattle is home to Microsoft, Amazon, T-Mobile, AT&T, Starbucks, Nordstrom, and many other Fortune 500 companies. The people get around the city by car, bus, train, and even boat to get to their high paying jobs. The population of Seattle is around 700,000 (six times larger than Hartford), and it's metro- population is close to 4 million (three times more than Hartford's and twice as big as the "Knowledge Corridor").

• Like 1

Both sources inside the league and sources in Hartford have stated confidentially that Hartford is the next city to get a team, that is why they are pouring tens of millions of dollars into the XL Center, Aetna is going nowhere, a lot more mixed-use residential housing will be placed throughout Hartford, public transportation will be expanded on and it was forces within the Capitol building that wanted Dana removed as the face of the Yard Goats and they wanted a more mature face/person to represent the Yard Goats at local public events, the big Open House at the Yard Goats stadium this Sa****ay morning is going to be very telling, I expect Mayor/Governor Bronin to be at the Yard Goats stadium on Sa****ay morning, they want to make Yard Goats stadium a year-round event house, with more details to follow.