Sign in to follow this  
TrueHartfordHockeyFan

UConn destroyes UM***** but no one saw it

How is it sad when teams with UConns record and prestige are getting around the same numbers for weeknight games? These threads make 0 sense when overall college hockey isn't drawing well. And even after all that they still got more people tonight than a rivalry driven wolf pack/falcons game last week.

This is a Golden Gophers game from this weekend. Mind you a historic college hockey power

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQFm14oWkAAnheQ.jpg:large

• Like 2

Here's the difference: Although tonight's UCONN attendance of 2723 was disappointing, ALL 2723 people that were there WANTED to be there. The crowd was **ll of UCONN students, alumni, parents of students, and a number of UM***** faith**l who made the trek. All eyeballs were on the game.

As opposed to a Wolfpack game where...I would say 60% of the people there don't want to be. Wolfpack attendance is littered with wives, girl-friends, and siblings/children who don't want to be there. Half the adults are on their cellphones and almost all the kids running around or fidgeting not watching the game. How many dads miss Wolfpack goals because of 'little Timmy's' weak bladder? I witnessed all eight goals scored by the Huskies tonight...I'm and sure almost all in attendance could say the same thing.

Wolfpack hockey...ya, it's a "cheap" night out for the family, but seriously, hockey fans? Ehhh...-shrugs-....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lebaron92 said:

Here's the difference: Although tonight's UCONN attendance of 2723 was disappointing, ALL 2723 people that were there WANTED to be there. The crowd was **ll of UCONN students, alumni, parents of students, and a number of UM***** faith**l who made the trek. All eyeballs were on the game.

As opposed to a Wolfpack game where...I would say 60% of the people there don't want to be. Wolfpack attendance is littered with wives, girl-friends, and siblings/children who don't want to be there. Half the adults are on their cellphones and almost all the kids running around or fidgeting not watching the game. How many dads miss Wolfpack goals because of 'little Timmy's' weak bladder? I witnessed all eight goals scored by the Huskies tonight...I'm and sure almost all in attendance could say the same thing.

Wolfpack hockey...ya, it's a "cheap" night out for the family, but seriously, hockey fans? Ehhh...-shrugs-....

You've got it backwards. UConn games are so boring, even the students have stopped coming. They don't even care enough to send the band like they used to. At this rate, they won't have to worry about upgrading Freitas, they can just move back there without and problems.

Lebaron is right on the nose.

WolfPack games are boring.  I'll even take it one step farther...so as to not get Fraudie's panties in a bunch...AHL games are boring.  Most of the people at AHL games are there for a family night out, or for a cheap night to hang out with their buddies to watch a game.  The score is meaningless...most people forget the final score of the game they just saw within...oh...48 hours of watching it.

Not so with a UConn game.  The people that go...and the attendance IS disappointing, no question...are into the game, and are watching the game intently.  

After having UConn season tickets since 2014/15, and after having mini-plans for both the CT Whale and then the Falcons/Thunderbirds, I can tell you unequivocally that I'd go to 100 college hockey games before I went to another AHL game.  

And as for the "so sad" about the attendance...let's review...

10/26/16 (Wed night) = 1,429 for WolfPack home game

11/16/16 (Wed night) = 1,816 for WolfPack home game

11/23/16 (Wed night) = 1,874 for WolfPack home game

12/07/16 (Wed night) = 1,677 for WolfPack home game

12/14/16 (Wed night) = 1,352 for WolfPack home game

01/25/17 (Wed night) = 1,860 for WolfPack home game

03/01/17 (Wed night) = 1,788 for WolfPack home game

11/15/17 (Wed night) = 1,860 for WolfPack home game

11/29/17 (Wed night) = 1,625 for WolfPack home game

When the Pack get to what UConn draws on a weeknight, do give me a call.  And no, the school-day game doesn't count.  Until then...as usual...ST**.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2017 at 11:48 PM, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

You've got it backwards. UConn games are so boring, even the students have stopped coming. They don't even care enough to send the band like they used to. At this rate, they won't have to worry about upgrading Freitas, they can just move back there without and problems.

Won four in a row going for five tonight against Colgate