Sign in to follow this  
TrueHartfordHockeyFan

Wolf Pack and UConn to sign two-year contracts

Reports are coming out there the CRDA is close to finalizing deals with the Wolf Pack and UConn to keep them in the do Center for at least the next two years. There is also talk that the only people that have taken any interest in buying the XL Center at this point are MSG and Comcast. The interesting thing is that they aren't looking at the XL Center separately. There's talk that they might be at the table together as partners in buying the XL Center.

6 minutes ago, WhalerCentral said:

Those reports are wrong, this is the last and final season for the Wolf Pack, they are on their way out, the CRDA knows that this is the final season.

This information is coming from the head of the CRDA, Michael Freimuth. He says they're close to a deal and should be able to announce something soon.

5 minutes ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

This information is coming from the head of the CRDA, Michael Freimuth. He says they're close to a deal and should be able to announce something soon.

No, this information is coming from Biggie, Michael Freimuth does not post on this forum.  If it comes from Biggie, then it has to be false.

7 minutes ago, MarkH2919 said:

Now I've heard everything.

Cantlon and Beck are Ragers/WolfPack shills...their word is about as good as counterfeit money.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Br***** Bonanza said:

Howlings? That's your source? Right off the bat my reports are more credible.

They've been right about everything that's happened with the XL Center, the Wolf Pack, and the AHL for years. When everyone had "proof" the Pack was moving to Bridgeport, the Whale brand was staying forever, the Falcons were staying in Springfield they reported the truth. 

• Like 1

They've been wrong about a lot of things too, dip$hit.  

I'll stick with listening to anyone OTHER than Howlings for my information.  Nacho Guy gets more right than those two clowns.  

1 hour ago, WhalerCentral said:

Those reports are wrong, this is the last and final season for the Wolf Pack, they are on their way out, the CRDA knows that this is the final season.

That's right because the Whalers will be playing at the XL from next season on until forever!!!xD

To be perfectly honest, I think the WP coffin is pretty much nail s h u t.  From everything I've heard through my sources and other folks around the area that claim to be "in the know", it would be a stunning upset if the Pack are here after the coming season.

On 12/8/2017 at 11:46 AM, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

http://www.howlings.net/#category/11/article/57772

This guy had been right about everything else that's gone on over the years like the brand changing, the Baldwins being fired, and the local affiliations moving even though everyone called him a liar. I believe him more than I believe you frauds.

LoL, Gerry Cantlon thought Murray Beynon's name was "Matt Bannon".

Sorry but no one is more truth**l than I when it comes to Hartford Hockey news

I actually personally spoke to the CRDA face to face and yes there will be a deal soon but only because The XL has no choice. No one likes paying the over charged price for the AHL but there is no option and more money would be lost to the XL and Ct without the 160k the AHL brings in. I cant take sources that  are only heavily biased Ranger sources and one of those guys couldn't find his way into or out of Hartford without a navigation app. 

Sorry but they are not right on everything XL. 

The CRDA needs two years at least to see what happens with the building.

Evo gets it.

I too have heard through my sources that there is a deal in the works, but as Evo said, it's because the state has no choice.  Also, this deal, like every other AHL deal before it, comes with the stipulation that should the NHL want to relocate or expand to Hartford, the AHL team is out.  So in truth, it's to cover the CRDA either way, the deal insures that there will be pro hockey for the next two years.  No more, no less.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

Evo gets it.

I too have heard through my sources that there is a deal in the works, but as Evo said, it's because the state has no choice.  Also, this deal, like every other AHL deal before it, comes with the stipulation that should the NHL want to relocate or expand to Hartford, the AHL team is out.  So in truth, it's to cover the CRDA either way, the deal insures that there will be pro hockey for the next two years.  No more, no less.

So, Howlings, Beck, and Cantlon were right about the Pack signing for two years. Nice to see your nacho guy is on board with their reporting as well.