Sign in to follow this  
WhalerCentral

Gubernatorial Candidate idea: buy stake in Whalers for $100 per person, bring team back

This is groundbreaking, this is the most positive sign we have seen in months signaling that the Whalers are definitely coming back, the Public will be buying shares of the Whalers as if it was a stock, the public will own the Whalers and then all we have to do is simply vote as shareholders and move the team here, only $100 per share.

4731046792003584.png

"Anyone who attended a Whalers game in the two decades they were here could pony up $300 for a share of team ($300 also would get you a ticket to a game)."

I put $300 down on the table, I am IN.

It's time for the rest of you to get on board, stop the talking and start backing it up with real money.

Whalevoltuion, HYMH, p4277, PlainvilleWhale, MarkH2919, Monizzle145, jerseydiehardwhaler, WhalerChad, will5059, whalers76, "TrueHartfordHockeyFan", littlerob904, Mr. Br***** Bonanza, ElmCityFan, canadawhale, TeenWhalersFan, lebaron92, HartfordHomeOfTheWhalers, KarmanosIsGod, WhalePack, Whaleofatime, topcat, Whalers4Ever, tiscipa165, anti_bruins, jimmytheidiotboy, CaptainBrambles, glothelegend, TheWhaleGuy123, 4WHA-Back-in-NHL, ThunderChief, VinceCT, and Whalerguy........   IT IS TIME TO PUT MONEY ON THE TABLE

5152704132546560.png

5332642861154304.jpeg

Edited by WhalerCentral
  • Like 1

So, we can own the team for $300. That's nice but people do realize that we would still have to buy season tickets at between $4,000 to $20,000 a year and try to fill the building for every single game. Also, any profits would go to the team, the building, and the state but not to us. While it's great in theory, I just don't see how it's possible to actually get done.

16 minutes ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

So, we can own the team for $300. That's nice but people do realize that we would still have to buy season tickets at between $4,000 to $20,000 a year and try to fill the building for every single game. Also, any profits would go to the team, the building, and the state but not to us. While it's great in theory, I just don't see how it's possible to actually get done.

Of course you wouldn’t.. but what if the rangers did it I’m sure you would.. 

amd on on that note I would be in for the whale.

No the invisible investors need to put their money where their mouth is. If they then get progress toward a new arena or renovated XL us fans should commit to season tickets/partial season tickets. Until that happens the money part of this is not our responsibility. I will continue to support college hockey and other events downtown until these fake investors show their faces or put up some of their own money.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Monizzle145 said:

the money part of this is not our responsibility.

The money part of this IS our responsibility, if you want something then you have to pay for it, and I have put money on the table and I don't see anyone else so far putting money on the table.  It is now Monday, this topic was posted yesterday on Sunday, almost 24 hours so far and I have yet to see any money on the table besides mine.

2 hours ago, WhalerCentral said:

The money part of this IS our responsibility, if you want something then you have to pay for it, and I have put money on the table and I don't see anyone else so far putting money on the table.  It is now Monday, this topic was posted yesterday on Sunday, almost 24 hours so far and I have yet to see any money on the table besides mine.

No it's not remember your plan? Amazon is going to move their HQ to hartford and bring a team back! All i need to do is pay for season tickets.

• Like 1

"I checked and it looks like it's just talk. At least until he gets elected. So, he's either sincere or he's just doing this to get votes."

Did you get that from Cantlon and Beck?  :lol:

You do realize that with the exception of the Green Bay Packers, who were grandfathered in, that public ownership of franchises is prohibited in all 4 of the major professional North American leagues (NHL. NFL, NBA and MLB)

Let’s see:

$250 million to upgrade XL center

$400 million +/- to buy exiting team

$400 million +/- NHL relocation fee, NHL not letting team move for free.

Yeah, this isn’t happening .

55 minutes ago, Fred Authur said:

Let’s see:

$250 million to upgrade XL center

$400 million +/- to buy exiting team

$400 million +/- NHL relocation fee, NHL not letting team move for free.

Yeah, this isn’t happening .

Biggie/p4277/Monizzle/KarmanosIsGod, it IS happening, it IS happening in the next 2 years, we already have investors and a new ice sheet and 40 million more dollars coming for the project, you will not be laughing in 2 years' time.

13 hours ago, WhalerCentral said:

Let me go get my Monopoly money and put it on the table. I can add Park Place also!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Whalevolution said:

John G. (Cant remember name) who works for the mayor and ran for mayor came up with this plan maybe 6 months ago

second time it's been brought up

That's right, I heard this conversation before!

11 minutes ago, WhalerCentral said:

Biggie/p4277/Monizzle/KarmanosIsGod, it IS happening, it IS happening in the next 2 years, we already have investors and a new ice sheet and 40 million more dollars coming for the project, you will not be laughing in 2 years' time.

40 mil is just a drop in the bucket, you need to open up your deep pockets and add more than your 3 bills!!

1 hour ago, WhalerCentral said:

Hey give me that $100 you wanted to pledge i will make sure it gets to the "investors".

• Like 1