Sign in to follow this  
TrueHartfordHockeyFan

2145 for a Springfield-Hartford game

I really don't know what you expect.  This is what the Pack get on Sundays during football season.

Sunday, October 8, 2017 = 2,152

Sunday, November 5, 2017 = 2,052

Sunday, November 12, 2017 = 2,312

Sunday, December 10, 2017 = 2,145

And this isn't a new problem, this has been going on for years.  The Sa****ay night game's number is worse (2248), but that can be excused a little because of the snowstorm.  

Bottom line?  3,009/game, 30th in the AHL.  And, what's worse, if you take out the opening night crowd, the number dips below 2800/game.

Been going on since (yup you guessed it) the Ct Whale was removed.  

AHL just doesn't draw in a market where the NHL was king. I think THHF is maybe a little young to understand that. 

The CT Whale's Sunday numbers during the football season weren't earth-shattering either, to be totally fair.  But...they were better than 2150/game.

Since Opening Night, the Pack's average attendance has been around 2,800 per game.  That's beyond aw**l.  And it's not the building, that's a copout. It's the lack of promotion of a terrible brand, and an affiliate that half the population detests.  

We said in 2013 that going back to the WolfPack brand was a colossal mistake, and that has proven over time to be 100% correct.

There are 57 teams in the AHL and ECHL.  

The Pack's average of 3009 is currently 50th of 57 teams.  

You can make up all the excuses you want...that's terrible.  

The Whale brand really wasn't any better either guys. We all know the numbers you like to use to "prove" the Whale brand was better were made up, and the numbers went "back to normal" the next year. I'll never forget a Sunday Whale game when they announced 3000 and the place had less people than the 1200 Wolf Pack nights.

• Like 1

"The Whale brand really wasn't any better either guys. We all know the numbers you like to use to "prove" the Whale brand was better were made up, and the numbers went "back to normal" the next year. I'll never forget a Sunday Whale game when they announced 3000 and the place had less people than the 1200 Wolf Pack nights"

Ahh, so now we're back to "the only sports team in the history of the world that made up numbers were the Connecticut Whale" bull$h!t.  You are truly pathetic, Fraudie.

I'm not saying that at all. There have been plenty of games this year that what they announce is nowhere near what was there. Just saying that you can't say the Whale was better by using attendance numbers, especially since they admitted to adjusting them more than most. I never really saw a difference in fans, or support between the two brands unless there was a Whalers player signing for free. That doesn't mean more people cared about the brand, they just wanted to get free stuff. It's no different than when they have guys from the 1980 USA Olympic Hockey team. That night you see people you've never seen at any other games because they're just there to get the autographs or pictures and then leave.

• Like 1

"Just saying that you can't say the Whale was better by using attendance numbers, especially since they admitted to adjusting them more than most."

They admitted to it?  Where?

The lies continue.....

46 minutes ago, MarkH2919 said:

"Just saying that you can't say the Whale was better by using attendance numbers, especially since they admitted to adjusting them more than most."

They admitted to it?  Where?

The lies continue.....

This was posted on this board, and he said the same thing in the news as well.

"

Oh but that is ok....every team inflates the number by 10/12 percent. In the first year we had the whale, I admit and it was my fault, it got inflated to much, then we toned it way down in the second year. We also toned down are comp tickets. Its very sad the attendance. However the Rangers only care about the hockey needs and not the the business side of things. Whomever scheduled 7 games in October is crazy.

Howard Baldwin, Jr"

This was also confirmed by Evo in the same topic.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

This was posted on this board, and he said the same thing in the news as well.

"

Oh but that is ok....every team inflates the number by 10/12 percent. In the first year we had the whale, I admit and it was my fault, it got inflated to much, then we toned it way down in the second year. We also toned down are comp tickets. Its very sad the attendance. However the Rangers only care about the hockey needs and not the the business side of things. Whomever scheduled 7 games in October is crazy.

Howard Baldwin, Jr"

This was also confirmed by Evo in the same topic.

Have the Pack surp*****ed that second year Whale mark?  When Jr says they toned the free tickets way down?

No they haven't surp*****ed 2011-2012 4573

Right now there average is 3009 below UConn for a fourth straight year.   

I think an affiliate or rebrand would help, maybe if only for a few years but this hockey culture ****s with 40 threads about attendance and nearly 0 about actual hockey.  

So **nny...

The Baldwins did give away a lot of comp tickets the first year.  However, there was also a genuine resurgence in the attendance...their average of over 5500/game for the 2010/11 season is the highest number seen for Hartford in the AHL since the early 2000s.  That's not arguable.  Also not arguable is that the WolfPack have not come close to what the CT Whale drew in 2010/2011, or in 2011/2012, which were the two seasons the Baldwins ran the organization.

Judging by what's happened this year in regards to the Pack attendance, it seems pretty likely that they will average under 4,000 for the first time ever.  Keep saying that the Whale inflated the numbers and the Pack (and every other team) don't...makes you look dumber than you usually do.

It's interesting that even when Junior admits those high numbers were all just a farce, that you still use them to "prove" that the Whale brand did better. It didn't and everyone knows that. I think you do to but you just have to find a way to discredit anything the Wolf Pack have done. Also, this isn't even the first time the Pack's or even the Whale's average was under 4000. It issues happens at the beginning of the season and then it picks up again around New Year. I just don't know if it going to go up as much as it usually does but I sure hope so.

• Like 1

"Also, this isn't even the first time the Pack's or even the Whale's average was under 4000."

Sorry, I forgot I was speaking to an imbecile.  I meant under 4000 for the season.  

5 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

"Also, this isn't even the first time the Pack's or even the Whale's average was under 4000."

Sorry, I forgot I was speaking to an imbecile.  I meant under 4000 for the season.  

Right and they have been under 4000 for the season before, and they were under as the Whale as well. Don't you remember the Sunday and Tuesday Whale games with announced crowds of around 1500? I sure do.

• Like 1

If you go on the front page...there's a button on the right that says "Start new topic".  Try it.  You'll get to choose the topic!!!!  Amazing how that works, huh???? :???: