Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WhalerCentral

is Vince McMahon bringing back the XFL, with a "Whalers" team ?

17 posts in this topic

Is Vince McMahon rebooting the XFL? The rumors are flying after word came down that McMahon is **nding a new venture, Alpha Entertainment. It’s the latest move in what has been a big month for WWE, which unveiled a new tournament exclusively for Facebook and an announcement about WWE Studios preparing to ramp up digital and television production.

Sure, it’s a little surprising that there are rumors about the return of the XFL. But despite this, it should come as no surprise that we’ve got some ideas of what a new and improved XFL should strive to do in the event it is indeed coming back.

Teams in New Markets

While it’s important to throw teams in the mega-markets like New York and Los Angeles, the new XFL should have some **n with attempts at being the squad to cheer on in some smaller markets. The Mexico City Aztecs, the Austin Bats, the Hartford Whalers (which, potential trademark issues aside, would own).

There’s also cities with only one team that has room for another. Could an XFL squad work in Portland? San Antonio? Maybe Orlando? And if the XFL wants, it could go completely bonkers and have teams like…the Atlanta 28ers.

The XFL Part II would be just as bad, if not worse, than the XFL Part I.

no thanks.

33 minutes ago, Mr. Br***** Bonanza said:

Frank, sit down. You're going to hurt yourself.

I am not sitting down, standing, just like I was at Muzzy Field, when you ran away.

35 minutes ago, WhalerCentral said:

I am not sitting down, standing, just like I was at Muzzy Field, when you ran away.

Too late. You hurt your brain, Frank. Can you still find your Sonar bobblehead, or is that worn out?

NBC Sports is now reporting the comeback of the XFL, looks like Hartford is high up on the list.

4758088711405568.png

It would be interesting to say the least. I just think it would end up like it did before, and like every other league that retired to compete with the NFL. Even if it did get started, there's no way the NHL would let there be a team called the Hartford Whalers. They own the copyright and are making millions from it, no thanks to the state for letting that lapse.

I have zero interest in a 2nd XFL.  And that's coming from someone that had no interest in the 1st XFL.

the XFL (Whalers football team) could be playing at the new Dillon Stadium if construction begins soon.

On 12/18/2017 at 4:41 PM, WhalerCentral said:

the XFL (Whalers football team) could be playing at the new Dillon Stadium if construction begins soon.

I see that there is a big IF in your statement!

I thought soccer was going to be there?!?!?! 

But who cares about soccer?!?!?

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, radcon said:

I see that there is a big IF in your statement!

I thought soccer was going to be there?!?!?! 

But who cares about soccer?!?!?

Soccer has to be there considering they're paying for all the upgrades to the stadium. Without the soccer team the place would either need another investor or would have to be torn down.

If this were to happen AND Hartford gets a team, they should call them the "Hartford Wailers". That ought to put Bettman's panties in a knot!!