WhalerCentral

Canadian News reporting: Ottawa wants to move, Hartford is mentioned

Oh, you're not taking anything that's quoted or something that was said in the actual article, you're taking a caption under a photo and using that as a definite that the Senators are moving to Hartford.

As bad as I have been at times, you're taking it to levels of idiocy I couldn't dream of.

30 minutes ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

You do realize that there are options in Canada that would still be south of Ottawa, right? "[H]eading South" doesn't mean they're crossing the border at all, especially when you consider that Hamilton, Toronto (Markham), Peterborough, Kingston, Prince Edward Island, and plenty of other Canadian cities are south of Ottawa.

Reading comprehension is difficult for you.

A person who lives in Canada does not need a pa_$sport to travel to Toronto.  The word pa_$sport is right there in the headline.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MarkH2919 said:

Oh, you're not taking anything that's quoted or something that was said in the actual article, you're taking a caption under a photo and using that as a definite that the Senators are moving to Hartford.

As bad as I have been at times, you're taking it to levels of idiocy I couldn't dream of.

Reading comprehension is also difficult for you.

The caption under the photo is a photo that is connected to the article, thus it is part of the article.

• Like 1

It's still a caption, and not the actual article.  And it's not a fact, it's opinion, the opinion of the writer of said column.  And all it said is that the Senators could, not will, move "south".  South doesn't mean Hartford.  

Frank, you're so bad, you don't even know where the article is coming from.  The article is coming from a newspaper (and in truth, I don't even know if it is a newspaper), in Vancouver.  Vancouver, which again, is roughly 2500 miles or so from Ottawa.

I appreciate the optimism, I do, but you're nuts if you think the Senators are moving here (or anywhere else) in a year.

32 minutes ago, MarkH2919 said:

It's still a caption, and not the actual article.  And it's not a fact, it's opinion, the opinion of the writer of said column.  And all it said is that the Senators could, not will, move "south".  South doesn't mean Hartford.  

Frank, you're so bad, you don't even know where the article is coming from.  The article is coming from a newspaper (and in truth, I don't even know if it is a newspaper), in Vancouver.  Vancouver, which again, is roughly 2500 miles or so from Ottawa.

I appreciate the optimism, I do, but you're nuts if you think the Senators are moving here (or anywhere else) in a year.

You do everything you can to attack the article, nitpicking over if a sentence is in the caption of the photo, or if the sentence is in the body of the article, beyond laughable.  I now see why you are running up to Springfield.  I cannot wait until the announcement is made next year in Hartford that the Whalers are coming back, cannot wait to rub it in all of your faces, even if you are hiding up in Springfield.

I'm not attacking the article, I'm attacking the dope that thinks that the Senators are moving to Hartford in less than 12 months.

I'll tell you one more time....read this very care**lly.  If any NHL team is making a permanent move to Hartford in the next 12-18 months, it will be the Coyotes.  Not Carolina...not the Islanders...and not Ottawa.

As for Springfield, it's one game...that will honor both the Whalers, and the city of Springfield's last Calder Cup.  

On 12/20/2017 at 2:42 PM, WhalerCentral said:

We do have our ducks in a row, stop bashing Hartford, we have a new ice sheet, we have a new Governor next year, we have a new transportation system in central Connecticut, we have a new Uconn campus around the corner, we have a new award winning baseball stadium, we have another $40 million dollars approved for XL upgrades and construction, we might even have new ownership of the XL center, we have a new soccer stadium around the corner, and while all of this is going on, we have about 4 or 5 NHL teams in serious jeopardy, Panthers, Ottawa, Hurricanes, Coyotes, a lot of stuff is going on in Hartford.

The man is a machine! Non stop! You go girl!!

2 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

I think Frenchy ... err Frank is a Pro at Photoshop with all these articles he posts to this board.

1 hour ago, WhalerCentral said:

You do everything you can to attack the article, nitpicking over if a sentence is in the caption of the photo, or if the sentence is in the body of the article, beyond laughable.  I now see why you are running up to Springfield.  I cannot wait until the announcement is made next year in Hartford that the Whalers are coming back, cannot wait to rub it in all of your faces, even if you are hiding up in Springfield.

I like it when I get something smeared in my face! I'm **nny like that!!