Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MarkH2919

Throwback Night with the Thunderbirds

20 posts in this topic

Folks...on Sat ur day, Jan 6, the Thunderbirds will be wearing Whalers colors for their throwback night as they celebrate the 25th anniversary of their last Calder Cup...by ordering tickets through the link below, you can score center ice seats for just $18!  Tickets are going fast!

https://springfieldthunderbirds.formstack.com/forms/whalersboosterclub

Hope to see you all on Jan 6!!!

Edited by MarkH2919

I'd rather go to a Hartford Hockey game with a Hartford Hockey team in Hartford that night, than go to a Springfield Hockey game honoring a Springfield Hockey team in Springfield.

2 people like this

Of course you would.  But since you were never a Whalers fan, I can't say I'm surprised.

Only reason the BC is going is because they're wearing Whalers 'style' jerseys. this game has nothing to do with the Whalers.

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, MarkH2919 said:

Of course you would.  But since you were never a Whalers fan, I can't say I'm surprised.

What does this night have to do with the Whalers, really? Nothing, other than the Indians were once the Whalers affiliate and they're wearing replicas of the jerseys from back then. Also, it's not being promoted as a Whalers event at all, so why should I care? Especially considering the Wolf Pack, an actual Hartford Hockey team, have a game that night that I already have tickets for, and have had said tickets for months.

2 people like this

I know WolfPack fans, who like you, are season ticket holders, that are joining us in Springfield.  So, as usual, your argument doesn't hold much merit.

1 hour ago, MarkH2919 said:

I know WolfPack fans, who like you, are season ticket holders, that are joining us in Springfield.  So, as usual, your argument doesn't hold much merit.

Then they're not real Hartford Hockey or Wolf Pack fans if they're going up to a Springfield Hockey game when there is a Hartford Hockey/Wolf Pack game going on.

1 person likes this

They've been WolfPack season ticket holders (and before that, Whalers season ticket holders).  Your argument is tired and lame.

3 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

They've been WolfPack season ticket holders (and before that, Whalers season ticket holders).  Your argument is tired and lame.

What Springfield is doing has nothing to do with the Whalers or Hartford, so why would anyone who claims to support the two go up to Springfield? It's not like any of you cared about the Indians back then anyways, so why should it matter now?

2 people like this

The Seatte Thunderbirds wore Whalers style jerseys and colors, still do.
The Plymouth Whalers were named the Whalers

Don't see you guys supporting that....

On 12/21/2017 at 2:39 PM, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

What does this night have to do with the Whalers, really? Nothing, other than the Indians were once the Whalers affiliate and they're wearing replicas of the jerseys from back then. Also, it's not being promoted as a Whalers event at all, so why should I care? Especially considering the Wolf Pack, an actual Hartford Hockey team, have a game that night that I already have tickets for, and have had said tickets for months.

No problem supporting Hartford Hockey but which game will be sold out?

As you said nothing to do with Whalers yet here they are wearing Whaler colors and people are jumping the border to watch Springfield hockey.  Imagine if the Pack rebranded to the market demand?

On 12/21/2017 at 5:08 PM, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

Then they're not real Hartford Hockey or Wolf Pack fans if they're going up to a Springfield Hockey game when there is a Hartford Hockey/Wolf Pack game going on.

This is right up there with a Frank/WP98 post. 

All bow to THHF he will  deem who is a "real" fan and who is not.  

Give us all a break..... 

Just for the record, it was the Thunderbirds that approached the Booster Club about a group rate for January 6.  That shouldn't make a difference of course...but to Fraudie, I'm guessing that will matter.

Oh...if the WolfPack want to offer the BC a group rate for the Heritage Weekend, we'd help them too.  All they have to do is ask.

1 person likes this

"I don't see what the big deal is. it's not like this game is being promoted as a Whalers event.Yes, the T-birds chose to wear Indians jerseys from when they were affiliated with Hartford. Why not?"

Wow.  A voice of reason...thank you.

It's not a big deal.  The T-Birds asked if we wanted group rate tickets and to promote it...and we said yes.  I have found out the WolfPack have asked the same of the HWBC for the Heritage Weekend, and once I get more info, I'll be sure to share.

So...in a shocking twist...Fraudie is wrong yet again.  In other news, the earth is round, 2+2 =4 and it's cold out.

1 hour ago, WallytheWhaler said:

I don't see what the big deal is. it's not like this game is being promoted as a Whalers event.Yes, the T-birds chose to wear Indians jerseys from when they were affiliated with Hartford. Why not?

Over the years ive run into my fair share of Pack fans with major insecurity issues regarding anything, anything at all remotely Whalers related.

Who cares?  I prefer people to go to Hockey Games, why is utterly irrelevant, at least to me. 

Hats off to Springy they'll have a good night of attendance 

13 minutes ago, Whalevolution said:

Over the years ive run into my fair share of Pack fans with major insecurity issues regarding anything, anything at all remotely Whalers related.

Who cares?  I prefer people to go to Hockey Games, why is utterly irrelevant, at least to me. 

Hats off to Springy they'll have a good night of attendance 

Of course they will because they giveaway tickets just as bad as Baldwin. If anyone wants any free vouchers for this game, instead of spending $10, you can go to any Dunkin or Burger King in Enfield and pick one up from this event. I'd rather spend my money and go to a game in Hartford than do that. Have a great time supporting Springfield hockey you "true fans". This is almost as bad as when the club went in a trip instead of being in Hartford when the team honored the entire Howe family.

4 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

Of course they will because they giveaway tickets just as bad as Baldwin. If anyone wants any free vouchers for this game, instead of spending $10, you can go to any Dunkin or Burger King in Enfield and pick one up from this event. I'd rather spend my money and go to a game in Hartford than do that. Have a great time supporting Springfield hockey you "true fans". This is almost as bad as when the club went in a trip instead of being in Hartford when the team honored the entire Howe family.

Oh ok.

Always something with you, take a break

You don't have to be the boards anchor everyday 

"Have a great time supporting Springfield hockey you "true fans".

Wow.  Bitter, party of one....your table is ready.

You know, it's not like the Thunderbirds need much help outdrawing the WolfPack.  The two teams have had 8 dates this year where they have had home games on the same day, and Springfield has outdrawn Hartford 7 of 8 times.  That said, their marketing department asked if we were interested in a group deal for the January 6 game and we said yes.  The WolfPack asked if we were interested in a group deal for February 24, and we said yes.  If the Sound Tigers did a night honoring the Whalers and they asked us about a group deal...we'd say yes.  

You continue to be the biggest fraud on this forum...you claim to be a Whalers fan...but I'm 1000% sure you were never a fan...and the fact you're having a hissyfit over the BC going to Springfield in January....on a night they are honoring their past by wearing Whalers colors just proves it that much more.