Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TrueHartfordHockeyFan

CRDA owes Hartford PD $$$$

21 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Whalevolution said:

City owns the XL Center just so you know 

Yes, and it's sad that a group they are a part of and partnered with hasn't paid their bills. $750,000 is a lot of money to owe, especially when it's too the police department that's already had their **nding cut by the city.

3 minutes ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

Yes, and it's sad that a group they are a part of and partnered with hasn't paid their bills. $750,000 is a lot of money to owe, especially when it's too the police department that's already had their **nding cut by the city.

City is bankrupt so no surprise here

Obviously if the Wolf Pack marketed more to Whaler fans may be the city wouldn't have so much trouble paying bills.  If the Whalers were here it would be an extra 108M in the pot.  But alas you know the rest 

1 hour ago, Whalevolution said:

City is bankrupt so no surprise here

Obviously if the Wolf Pack marketed more to Whaler fans may be the city wouldn't have so much trouble paying bills.  If the Whalers were here it would be an extra 108M in the pot.  But alas you know the rest 

Using the Wolf Pack as an excuse is a pretty lame. I could have said that the lack of sellouts and 5000+ games for UConn hockey was a factor in this but I didn't. Just shows how you truly feel when you say something that. There was never an issue before with the police not being paid. The CRDA was telling everyone that the building was starting to make money thanks to not having to pay to fix the ice every other day, and higher profits from the upgraded and improved concessions. I guess that was either a lie, or the "money that was made" was actually from not paying their bills.

12 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

Using the Wolf Pack as an excuse is a pretty lame. I could have said that the lack of sellouts and 5000+ games for UConn hockey was a factor in this but I didn't. Just shows how you truly feel when you say something that. There was never an issue before with the police not being paid. The CRDA was telling everyone that the building was starting to make money thanks to not having to pay to fix the ice every other day, and higher profits from the upgraded and improved concessions. I guess that was either a lie, or the "money that was made" was actually from not paying their bills.

And youd Be right. Except about them saying the building is making money remember were all broke. You just don't like the CRDA because you don't want Hartford to do well. 

But you are right if UConn sold more tickets it would be better a little. As I've said many times the more tickets sold of anything the better for XL. 

The City owns the XL 

The Police work for the city 

The City is broke 

Yada yada yada

2 people like this

Sometimes I think Fraudie is deliberately trying to stir up trouble.

2 people like this

On 12/22/2017 at 6:16 AM, MarkH2919 said:

Sometimes I think Fraudie is deliberately trying to stir up trouble.

He keeps using Biggies playbook 

Everyday lol

On 12/21/2017 at 11:27 PM, Whalevolution said:

And youd Be right. Except about them saying the building is making money remember were all broke. You just don't like the CRDA because you don't want Hartford to do well. 

But you are right if UConn sold more tickets it would be better a little. As I've said many times the more tickets sold of anything the better for XL. 

The City owns the XL 

The Police work for the city 

The City is broke 

Yada yada yada

There CRDA isn't just Hartford. It's made up of other cities and Hartford. Also, if the people that weren't paying their bills happened to be AEG, Spectra, or MSG would you be saying the same thing and giving them a p*****? I seriously doubt it. The CRDA told everyone that the building was making money and things were getting better, and everything would be really great once they get the money to make the building "NHL ready". That didn't happen, they're now trying to sell the building, and they haven't paid the police the three-quarters of a million dollars that they owe them. 

"The CRDA told everyone that the building was making money and things were getting better, and everything would be really great once they get the money to make the building "NHL ready".

Please show us where the CRDA ever said the building was making money??????

4 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

"The CRDA told everyone that the building was making money and things were getting better, and everything would be really great once they get the money to make the building "NHL ready".

Please show us where the CRDA ever said the building was making money??????

Look for it yourself. You never credit your "source" or post links to back up your lies, why should I show any proof even if I have the Courant article or the link to the report by the Hartford Business Journal?

15 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

Look for it yourself. You never credit your "source" or post links to back up your lies, why should I show any proof even if I have the Courant article or the link to the report by the Hartford Business Journal?

Categorically false 

I've met with the CRDA, been to their meetings 

And not once have I heard them say the XL is making money.  

Wait till you see the new MSG contract notice the affiliate fee per year did not go up.

**nny imagine the CRDA lobbying to fix the XL when the building is "making a profit" 

That's **nny

Like I said...Fraudie is just stirring up trouble.  Once again, I have to wonder if he really is Biggie.

3 hours ago, Whalevolution said:

**nny imagine the CRDA lobbying to fix the XL when the building is "making a profit" 

That's **nny

I didn't say it was "making a profit". I said it was making money. There's a difference, especially when you are talking about a building that has been losing over $2 million a year for over a decade. They reported that the losses this year were only going to be around a million because they weren't spending money on fixing the same things over and over again. They also reported that the concessions were making more money than in years past because of the improvements in the way food was made and the multiple options they were now serving. You can go read it yourself.

16 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

I didn't say it was "making a profit". I said it was making money. There's a difference, especially when you are talking about a building that has been losing over $2 million a year for over a decade. They reported that the losses this year were only going to be around a million because they weren't spending money on fixing the same things over and over again. They also reported that the concessions were making more money than in years past because of the improvements in the way food was made and the multiple options they were now serving. You can go read it yourself.

Please tell me how a building that runs hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt every year is now "making money". 

Thats what you said, I'll wait

You know why concessions are better?  Because of UConn games and Concerts

Beer drinking crowds. 

"I didn't say it was "making a profit". I said it was making money. There's a difference, especially when you are talking about a building that has been losing over $2 million a year for over a decade. They reported that the losses this year were only going to be around a million because they weren't spending money on fixing the same things over and over again. They also reported that the concessions were making more money than in years past because of the improvements in the way food was made and the multiple options they were now serving. You can go read it yourself."

ROFLMAO...dance, Fraudie, dance!!!!!!!

If a building is "making money" that means their a$$ets are more than their liabilities, or to put it another way, their revenue is more than their expenses.  That's accounting 101, right there.  The XL Center might be losing less money than they did before....but they're still losing money, not making it.  If they were making money, then there wouldn't be a need to spend $250M to renovate the building.

You make me long for Hendrickson.  He was a toolbag, but at least he has a semblance of a clue.

Edited by MarkH2919

Is he really clever enough to hide behind a technicality? If you sell a ticket to an event, you can technically say you made money. In the real world and among people who know business and are even just in a position to take Accounting 101, this is by definition not true. But technically, yes.

It's like Frank saying that Ottawa article about the Senators moving mentioned Hartford. Yes, Hartford was mentioned, but not as a relocation option. But, Hartford was mentioned.

I can think of a lot of things to call Fraudie...but "clever" is not one of them.  

1 person likes this