Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Whalevolution

Nice crowd of over 7k at XL

17 posts in this topic

"When was the last AHL game that drew over 7k?"

The Pack had 1 game last year that drew 10K.  Well, 10K was the announced crowd anyway...

7 hours ago, Whalevolution said:

When was the last AHL game that drew over 7k?

8332, April 9th, 2016, and that was without going through every game on theAHL.com thanks to the Wolf Pack posting their media guide online.

Edited by TrueHartfordHockeyFan
1 person likes this

2 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

"When was the last AHL game that drew over 7k?"

The Pack had 1 game last year that drew 10K.  Well, 10K was the announced crowd anyway...

Just looked it up and it was the game against the Bruins on January 28 and they announced 10700. We all know that announced and actual attendance can be something completely different, but if that's what Evo is going to compare, then that's what we're going to use. There were a few games that were around 7000, but this was the only one that went over it last year.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, WallytheWhaler said:

Cue the Whale vs. Wolf Pack attendance arguments.

Right. Can you guys all let this go? The whale are no more and the entire time it was a rangers minor league team and still is. Baldwin is gone every investor to bring an NHL team is as real as Santa until proven otherwise. We have 2 options for hockey Uconn and Wolfpack and that is at the end of the day all that matters. Support the team or teams you want and keep it moving. No back in the whale day stores and no "omg look at the failing uconn hockey attendance" bs.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, WallytheWhaler said:

That is very true. But there are some who still like to debate which brand is more "superior" than the other. The Whale brand was good while it lasted but it just wasn't meant to be with a Ranger affiliated team. Like it or not, the Wolf Pack brand (as mundane as it is) is here to stay for the foreseeable **ture.

Yep, Evo and others have even started that the Pack will be here for at least another two years, and honestly they could be here even longer for all we know. It sure doesn't look like the NHL is as definite as WC likes to claim it is in all of his posts.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

Springfield had 5382 last night.  Let's see what the Pack get tonight.

I broke the camera on my phone but there's a lot of people here tonight. This is the best picture I could find quickly.

1 person likes this

The lower bowl seats about 5800 or so, not including the fan bar.  So...if the lower bowl was roughly 3/4 **ll, there's 4474.

15 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

4474, definitely looked like there was a lot more than that.

So what did people jump to gate just to see a wolfpack game. It's laughable that for uconn games you think the numbers are cooked like accounting books at Enron. But then with the wolf pack magically it seem like there were more people.

Come on Monizzle...this is Fraudie...anything he can possibly do to pump up the Pack and downgrade UConn, he's going to try it.

By the way...Springfield 5382, Hartford 4474.  The BC/UConn game in Boston had an announced crowd of 5555, but I doubt that number highly...couldn't have been more than 4000, and yes, I was there to see it, as was WhaleGuy123.

So...once again, it seems that...contrary to the belief of the Packrats like Fraudie...the Baldwins are not and were not the only team that **dges their attendance numbers.

Edited by MarkH2919

18 hours ago, WallytheWhaler said:

Yet Evo uses Whale attendance figures from 2011 to downgrade the Wolf Pack. 

As I said, cue the attendance arguments...

**nny how they can use those numbers to "prove" something, but as soon as someone calls them out they say everyone does it. I'm not going to get into it, but we all know the truth about those numbers, and that no one goes to the extent that they did.

1 person likes this

"Yet Evo uses Whale attendance figures from 2011 to downgrade the Wolf Pack."

To be fair, it doesn't take much to downgrade the WolfPack.

"I'm not going to get into it, but we all know the truth about those numbers, and that no one goes to the extent that they did."

LMAO.

You're "not going to get into it", then you make a stupid statement like "no one goes to the extent that they did"

You're a joke, Fraudie.  And not a very f unny one.