Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WhalerCentral

January 2nd DMV customer lines for Whaler plates: LINES OUT THE DOOR

17 posts in this topic

As the news reports for the past year have been stating, beginning the first week of January, the Department of Motor Vehicles is required to begin selling Hartford Whalers commemorative license plates, and the first date for in-person requests was today, Tuesday morning.

DMV is experiencing long lines due to this, give yourself extra time, be prepared for lines out the door, and be prepared for hour-long lines.  The Wethersfield office, which is the DMV office closest to Hartford, is experiencing hour long lines, as far away as Norwich we are seeing long lines.

I drove by the office in New Britain and saw long lines.

6653065485877248.png

4953354693509120.png

The law is p*****ed, yes, but to my knowledge...the plates aren't available yet.  The final design hasn't even been released.

Wait times approaching 2 hours are now being experienced in Danbury.  DMV offices are being swamped today, a lot of people expected high demand, but this is far beyond expectations.

5275382650765312.png

Frank, stop it.  The plates aren't available yet.  

5 hours ago, WhalerCentral said:

Wait times approaching 2 hours are now being experienced in Danbury.  DMV offices are being swamped today, a lot of people expected high demand, but this is far beyond expectations.

5275382650765312.png

You really are a moron. They haven't even finalized the design, so you can't even get the Whalers plates yet. So, the delay had more to do with the same problems they've been dealing with for months than the plates being p*****ed. You can't even get your licence at the DMV anymore because it takes to much time. Now you have to go in early, and wait for your new license to come in the mail. Stop lying for once.

We are experiencing 90 minute waits in Bridgeport right now at their DMV office, this is the 2nd day of chaos now, offices are all backed up, many people have waited 20 years for these license plates and are now bottlenecking the DMV license plate lines.

5763734625845248.png

19 minutes ago, WhalerCentral said:

We are experiencing 90 minute waits in Bridgeport right now at their DMV office, this is the 2nd day of chaos now, offices are all backed up, many people have waited 20 years for these license plates and are now bottlenecking the DMV license plate lines.

5763734625845248.png

Now I know for sure you're just a moronic troll that's just here to get people mad. Everyone knows that the plates are even done and that you can't pre-order them but you just can't help but party that they're "backing up every DMV". I know I get into to arguments with certain people on this board, but when both of us can agree that you have no clue what the heck you're talking about, there's really something wrong with you.

Posted (edited)

On 1/3/2018 at 11:49 AM, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

Now I know for sure you're just a moronic troll that's just here to get people mad. Everyone knows that the plates are even done and that you can't pre-order them but you just can't help but party that they're "backing up every DMV". I know I get into to arguments with certain people on this board, but when both of us can agree that you have no clue what the heck you're talking about, there's really something wrong with you.

Kind of sounds like you a lot..like troll to troll.

Edited by jerseydiehardwhaler

1 hour ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

Kind of sounds like you a lot..like troll to troll.

I don't make stuff up like you, WC, and Mark tend to do all the time. I even posted links and you guys call me a liar.

1 person likes this

Havent heard of anyone getting the plate but also sounds like the DMV isn't up to par. 

The Budget Delay 

The DMV usually is late 

If anyone gets any progress give a shout, I would like to help people get their plates, especially since it is going to help sick kids. 

Naturally THHF would be against helping sick kids, wow what a Hater 

13 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

I don't make stuff up like you, WC, and Mark tend to do all the time. I even posted links and you guys call me a liar.

You make up crap all the time. Are you serious? 

UConn doesn't play in Hartford

Wolf Pack are buying the XL 

Wolf Pack outdrew UConn 

Blah blah

4 hours ago, Whalevolution said:

You make up crap all the time. Are you serious? 

UConn doesn't play in Hartford

Wolf Pack are buying the XL 

Wolf Pack outdrew UConn 

Blah blah

UConn doesn't list Hartford as their home for hockey. They say they play at the XL Center but there team is located in Storrs.

I didn't say they were buying it, but I did say MSG is the only group anyone has mentioned that's even somewhat interested in buying the XL Center. It's not like the "governor's secret investors" seem to be interested at all.

The Wolf Pack have already brought in 20,000 more people than UConn. They have also had more people at games than UConn. The Pack's highest attendance is also 2000 more than UConn's highest attendance. So, I guess I wasn't lying about the things you said.

1 person likes this

UConn average is higher than WolfPack's, Fraudie.  And it has been every year they've played in Hartford.

2 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

UConn average is higher than WolfPack's, Fraudie.  And it has been every year they've played in Hartford.

Yep, and that average had dropped by over 2000 in only three years. That's nothing to brag about. Especially since they're **dging the numbers to have their average higher than the Wolf Pack.

1 person likes this

Ah yes...now it's more lies...Sorry, I forgot that in the eyes of the Packrats, the only team in the universe that doesn't doctor their numbers...are the WolfPack, and that's only when the Baldwins aren't running the team.  :lol:

On 1/5/2018 at 3:35 PM, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

UConn doesn't list Hartford as their home for hockey. They say they play at the XL Center but there team is located in Storrs.

I didn't say they were buying it, but I did say MSG is the only group anyone has mentioned that's even somewhat interested in buying the XL Center. It's not like the "governor's secret investors" seem to be interested at all.

The Wolf Pack have already brought in 20,000 more people than UConn. They have also had more people at games than UConn. The Pack's highest attendance is also 2000 more than UConn's highest attendance. So, I guess I wasn't lying about the things you said.

They start the season every year in Fritas and it's home to the Women as well, regardless UConn still has a satellite campus and the men's Hockey and Bball still play in the XL 3 blocks from the Times Building.