50 minutes ago, MarkH2919 said:

LMAO....that's comical.

Keep tooling on Hartford, Fraudie...

I never said anything about Hartford. Also, we should glad to have multiple college teams, but I just don't think UConn Hockey should be going around trying to say it's "Connecticut's Team". Especially since the basketball team wants Connecticut to be known as "New York City's Sixth Borough".

hc-jacobs-column-uconn-big-12-0105-20160

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

If you're tooling on UConn, which you always do, you're tooling on Hartford.  Pay attention.

What in the heck are you trying to say here? The only thing I can think of is that you are trying to say that UConn and Hartford are one and the same. That is not true at all just for the fact that UConn doesn't even see Hartford as a major part of the college. If they did then they wouldn't care who owned the XL Center and would have signed the 20 year deal everyone was talking about. Also, like I said before, they wouldn't be calling themselves a part of NYC if they were a part of Hartford. Heck, their basketball games are even on a New York tv network instead of being on Connecticut television, like they used to be. You have to pay extra now just to watch their games on television. Yeah, "Hartford and UConn are the same". That's a bunch of bull and you know it.

• Like 1

"That is not true at all just for the fact that UConn doesn't even see Hartford as a major part of the college. If they did then they wouldn't care who owned the XL Center and would have signed the 20 year deal everyone was talking about. Also, like I said before, they wouldn't be calling themselves a part of NYC if they were a part of Hartford. Heck, their basketball games are even on a New York tv network instead of being on Connecticut television, like they used to be. You have to pay extra now just to watch their games on television. Yeah, "Hartford and UConn are the same". That's a bunch of bull and you know it."

They have a satellite campus in Hartford.  You do realize that, right?  The state and the university has put millions of dollars into the campus in downtown Hartford, you do realize that, right?  The "Part of NYC" thing is a promotional campaign...and their games are on SNY for two reasons...one is because SNY put up the most $$$ to broadcast them, and two...because it gave SNY an inroad to Connecticut.  Most of CT didn't even get SNY before they signed the UConn deal.  

I know Frank is bad...but you're just as bad, if not worse.  Try...just once....just one time...to not tool on UConn and Hartford.  Just once.  Is that too much to ask?  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

AWWW thhf is hurt that the pack aren’t...

Nope because we have two AHL teams, and four college teams in Division 1 Hockey. There are two college teams in this state more deserving the name "Connecticut's Team". Yale and Quinnipiac went to the championship a few years ago, and they're way more deserving of that moniker. It's also one of the reasons I had a problem with name "CT" Whale. There is more than one CT AHL team and it looked silly when Connecticut was playing Bridgeport.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

"That is not true at all just for the fact that UConn doesn't even see Hartford as a major part of the college. If they did then they wouldn't care who owned the XL Center and would have signed the 20 year deal everyone was talking about. Also, like I said before, they wouldn't be calling themselves a part of NYC if they were a part of Hartford. Heck, their basketball games are even on a New York tv network instead of being on Connecticut television, like they used to be. You have to pay extra now just to watch their games on television. Yeah, "Hartford and UConn are the same". That's a bunch of bull and you know it."

They have a satellite campus in Hartford.  You do realize that, right?  The state and the university has put millions of dollars into the campus in downtown Hartford, you do realize that, right?  The "Part of NYC" thing is a promotional campaign...and their games are on SNY for two reasons...one is because SNY put up the most $$$ to broadcast them, and two...because it gave SNY an inroad to Connecticut.  Most of CT didn't even get SNY before they signed the UConn deal.  

I know Frank is bad...but you're just as bad, if not worse.  Try...just once....just one time...to not tool on UConn and Hartford.  Just once.  Is that too much to ask?  

I know all of that, but the school is still in Storrs. The hockey team is still lists Storrs as their location in all media guides. Even though they play in Hartford, they're not Hartford. So, I can't "tool on them" at the same time because they're not the same thing.

• Like 1

I accept THHF opinion.

We can accept his thoughts but in the end it's just his opinion.  

Using the same logic for his opinion, the Wolf Packs home isn't Hartford it's MSG, even though they play in Hartford their not Hartford. 

10 minutes ago, Whalevolution said:

I accept THHF opinion.

We can accept his thoughts but in the end it's just his opinion.  

Using the same logic for his opinion, the Wolf Packs home isn't Hartford it's MSG, even though they play in Hartford their not Hartford. 

That's your opinion. The fact is that the Wolf Pack are located and play in Hartford. Hartford is their home, unlike UConn. Yes, MSG owns them but that doesn't mean their home is in New York. That's like saying the Springfield Indians real home was Long Island when they were their affiliate, or even Hartford when they were affiliate with the Whalers. That's now how affiliations work. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

That's your opinion. The fact is that the Wolf Pack are located and play in Hartford. Hartford is their home, unlike UConn. Yes, MSG owns them but that doesn't mean their home is in New York. That's like saying the Springfield Indians real home was Long Island when they were their affiliate, or even Hartford when they were affiliate with the Whalers. That's now how affiliations work. If that's the case then the Yard Goats are "Colorado's Team".

Thats right according to your personal opinion, the Thunderbirds home is not springfield its in FLa. If its not your opinion then you are holding one team to this context and not the other its hypocritical. You of course have a right to be that way. 

My opinion is the Huskies play in an arena on one of their campuses.   

The Wolf Pack play in Hartford.  

I don't play favorites.  

8 hours ago, Whalevolution said:

Thats right according to your personal opinion, the Thunderbirds home is not springfield its in FLa. If its not your opinion then you are holding one team to this context and not the other its hypocritical. You of course have a right to be that way. 

My opinion is the Huskies play in an arena on one of their campuses.   

The Wolf Pack play in Hartford.  

I don't play favorites.  

The XL Center isn't on any campus. It's barely even close to one of their satellite campuses.

• Like 1

So it must kill Fraudie when the Golden State Warriors play the Lakers, Clippers or Kings, or the Texas Stars of the AHL play the San Antonio Rampage.

UConn is Connecticut's team.  Not Yale.  Not Quinnipiac.  What's wrong with you???

"It's barely even close to one of their satellite campuses."

3 blocks away isn't "barely even close"????

This is a horribly idiotic argument, even by your standards.

On 1/4/2018 at 2:08 AM, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

The XL Center isn't on any campus. It's barely even close to one of their satellite campuses.

LoL

Whoa, you have to be joking. Hartford is the

Their campus.  

I have to ask this, are you taking any prescription medication? 

Msg the home of the WP isn't anywhere near Hartford but Hartford is a UConn campus.  I feel silly arguing with someone who probably also believes  the Earth is flat. 

2 hours ago, Whalevolution said:

LoL

Whoa, you have to be joking. Hartford is the

Their campus.  

I have to ask this, are you taking any prescription medication? 

Msg the home of the WP isn't anywhere near Hartford but Hartford is a UConn campus.  I feel silly arguing with someone who probably also believes  the Earth is flat. 

How can the entire city of Hartford be "the campus"? That's just a load of crap and you know it. Also, MSG is the Wolf Pack's home, Hartford is and it will be for a while. You should feel silly for making stuff up. No wonder only five people post on here because if you tried to spread their lies somewhere else you'd be laughed at and proven wrong every second. At least I can back the things I post with proof. You have nothing but lies and what the "nacho guy" told you. Well, his bosses are telling everyone else what's really going on and it's not the "return of the Whalers". I can't wait for the XL Center to be sold to the only company that has been rumored to but it and then you'll really have nothing like you deserve.

• Like 1

Look Hockey East the only opinion that matters says that UConns home arena is THE XL.  I understand you getting beng out of shape on me and others for calling you out on your propaganda rants. 

I don't know why you feel so threatened by UConn but it is something common I've noticed with a few insecure Pack fans. You have penis envy, UConn draws more people, garners more attention and generates more money to downtown than the Pack. That's just reality at this time.  You don't want to be the fan of the third most popular hockey team from Hartford. But alas YOU ARE. 

I have no issue with Pack or UConn they both play in Hartford, end of story Your opinion on that is welcome but it's wrong in this case.  

I am always con**sed on why people like you post here if you hate most of Hartford Hockey? How can you call yourself True Hartford Hockey fan when you hate 2/3 Of the Hockey played in Hartford?????

As I've tried to state before maybe you would enjoy the board more if you talked only about the Pack, which you never do by the way.....

I can't wait till Feb 24th when the building is bursting with people to remember the Whalers. Maybe that visual reality will hope**lly help you reach peace and understanding of the market you are in. 

4 hours ago, Whalevolution said:

I don't know why you feel so threatened by UConn but it is something common I've noticed with a few insecure Pack fans. You have penis envy, UConn draws more people, garners more attention and generates more money to downtown than the Pack. That's just reality at this time.  You don't want to be the fan of the third most popular hockey team from Hartford. But alas YOU ARE. 

I'm a season ticket holder for both UConn and the Pack. I'm not threatened by them at all. Also, they don't draw more people, garner more attention, or even generate more money to downtown. I've talked to plenty of the owner's of the bars and restaurants around Hartford to know that, and I've seen more highlights for the Pack on the news than I have for UConn. Also, UConn is averaging a little bit more than the Pack, but the Pack has brought in 20,000 more people to Hartford. That means they're bringing in more money to the XL Center and Hartford than UConn. I have nothing against the school especially since I graduated from there. I'm just sick of the stupid, forced, and bipolar branding their doing at the school. The hockey team is "Connecticut's Team" but UConn is "NYC's sixth borough". Which is it? Is it a part of CT or NY? I'm also sick of the people that are using the school as a way to bring back something that's never happening with the way this state is being run. We're billions in debt, but are going to bring in a NHL team with our secret investors, but they're not willing to put up any money yet so we're selling the XL Center, but we have to spend $40 million on buying part of the building and updating somethings to get someone interested in buying the building, but it's going to happen. What a load of BS.

• Like 1

THHF I'm sorry dude but you are 100% wrong. 

So there you can't say you haven't posted crap. 

UConn makes more money for the state. It's not even debatable.  You maybe a sth but you certainly can't say you like them you always are bashing them 

17 hours ago, WallytheWhaler said:

I don't see "Hartford" anywhere on the Hockey East site.

Capture.JPG

Greg 

Check the schedule when UConn plays at home see location.   Thanks 

Remember Fraudie...before you start spewing your lies...remember that it doesn't cost the CRDA $1.5M to put UConn in the building.  That's a HUGE difference.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

Remember Fraudie...before you start spewing your lies...remember that it doesn't cost the CRDA $1.5M to put UConn in the building.  That's a HUGE difference.

It's not when you realize were paying for pretty everything *****ociated with UConn hockey. We own the building and are paying for it through taxes. We also own the team since it's a state school and we give the school money though taxes, and I give them money though alumni donations. We pay the players because of scholarships and the school gives them room and board, and we help pay for that through the things I already mentioned. Then, after all of that, we still pay to watch them play. So, there is a difference, we know how much we pay the Wolf Pack but we really don't know the millions we pay UConn every year to play in Hartford. Oh, I also forgot, since they are playing in Hartford we have to pay to bus them and students to and from the games all the time. Well, unless they use Uber and save $20.