124 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Whalevolution said:

And what did your nacho guy people from all over tell you about Basket ball moving back to their home campus in Storrs? 

Basketball has a different set of rules. You can go look them up. I actually have proof and sources unlike you guys, but I stopped posting them because you guys kept calling me a liar even though the stuff I was posting was right. You let Mark pay whatever he wants with no proof but from his "nacho guy" because he "can't reveal his sources, but when had he ever been right? I've gone back and read a lot of his posts and he's been wrong about almost everything he's posted. The best one was when he got into a posting was with Biggie about the Whale name being replaced with the Wolf Pack. He was talking about how he was told be "people high up" and he was *****ured by then that there was no way that would ever happen. He was bragging about how the Whale name was here to stay and "Puke fans" will never "get their team back". We all know what happened there, but he's treated like royalty on here. If anyone says he's wrong or doesn't have a clue, all of you come out of the woodwork to defend everything he said, even if it's completely wrong. It's the same reason there are only a hand**l of people in here and a hand**l of people in the booster club. If anyone says something that doesn't for with the "agenda" they're treated like dirt.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

UConn will own the XL Center by September 1st, 2018.

Edited by WhalerCentral

"I've talked to people all over"

Lies

"These rules are iron clad."

Lies.  If they were "iron clad", UConn's campus arena would be done now, wouldn't it???

"It has nothing to do with the NCAA."

Lies.  Everything has to do with the NCAA.

"The only way UConn Hockey can keep all of their games in Hartford is if the team moves to Hartford."

More lies.  There is a campus in Hartford now, dope.

"The team is located in Storrs with the college, if they want to play at the XL Center then they'd have to move the entire team down there."

See above.

"I'm not making any of this up."

No, you're making ALL of this up.

"Even UConn's AD and coach have said the will be moving back to campus. The coach has said he can't wait for that to happen"

Last year, I took a tour of the UConn locker room at the XL.  It's extremely nice.  And I asked the UConn people about moving back to campus, and they *****ured me they were happy in Hartford and have zero intention of leaving.

Again, you have big balls for accusing people of lying, then spew the venom you constantly throw around here.  Practice what you preach, you fraud.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

Basketball has a different set of rules. You can go look them up. I actually have proof and sources unlike you guys, but I stopped posting them because you guys kept calling me a liar even though the stuff I was posting was right. You let Mark pay whatever he wants with no proof but from his "nacho guy" because he "can't reveal his sources, but when had he ever been right? I've gone back and read a lot of his posts and he's been wrong about almost everything he's posted. The best one was when he got into a posting was with Biggie about the Whale name being replaced with the Wolf Pack. He was talking about how he was told be "people high up" and he was *****ured by then that there was no way that would ever happen. He was bragging about how the Whale name was here to stay and "Puke fans" will never "get their team back". We all know what happened there, but he's treated like royalty on here. If anyone says he's wrong or doesn't have a clue, all of you come out of the woodwork to defend everything he said, even if it's completely wrong. It's the same reason there are only a hand**l of people in here and a hand**l of people in the booster club. If anyone says something that doesn't for with the "agenda" they're treated like dirt.

Yoiu have sources but won't post them.  Lol OK

I'll play along. Good enough for me.

Anyone can post whatever they want you obviously do. 

You call me a liar so please stop with the gl***** house defense 

Mark will be the first to tell you has been wrong before by the way.  But as you can see he provided where he got the info.  You are still unable to do that. 

"but I stopped posting them because you guys kept calling me a liar even though the stuff I was posting was right."

You haven't posted ANYTHING that has been right!!!!!!  

"It's the same reason there are only a hand**l of people in here and a hand**l of people in the booster club. If anyone says something that doesn't for with the "agenda" they're treated like dirt."

There are a small amount of people in here because they are tired of these lame-a$$ arguments, all of them started by YOU and your BS stories that people call you out for time after time.  And don't worry about the booster club, Fraudie...we're doing just fine.  

All I've said is if you're going to call people a liar, then you better stop with the lies yourself.  Practice what you preach, Fraudie.  That's all I ask.

"The best one was when he got into a posting was with Biggie about the Whale name being replaced with the Wolf Pack. He was talking about how he was told be "people high up" and he was *****ured by then that there was no way that would ever happen. He was bragging about how the Whale name was here to stay and "Puke fans" will never "get their team back". 

When Global Spectrum came on board back in the spring of 2013, I met with them at their office at the Connecticut Convention Center (AEG had not vacated the offices at the XL at that point) and was told by Ilkka K, and by Adam Goldberg, who was pretty high up at the XL, that the name would remain.  As a rule, I don't like to drop names, but since Fraudie has left me no choice, there you are.  Now, is it possible that things changed after I spoke with them?  Sure.  But that's what I was told.  

As we see, the name change back to the Pack has been such a brilliant business move that the attendance has STILL not reached the Whale's numbers, and barring a huge uprising in attendance over the 2nd half of the season, this is very possibly the first season the Pack come in under 4,000/game.  Oh, and the Pack are still 30th...as in LAST...in the AHL in attendance.  

So keep spewing your BS, Fraudie.  Oh...just one more question...do you always talk about yourself in the third person???

6 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

As we see, the name change back to the Pack has been such a brilliant business move that the attendance has STILL not reached the Whale's numbers

Whale numbers? You mean the numbers that were upped by 15%, and had thousands of free and unused tickets added to them to put the average "over 5000"? Yeah, that's really something to be proud of and to brag about. The Wolf Pack's average will start going up but to use the Whale numbers just shows how stupid and blind you are to the truth.

1 hour ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

Whale numbers? You mean the numbers that were upped by 15%, and had thousands of free and unused tickets added to them to put the average "over 5000"? Yeah, that's really something to be proud of and to brag about. The Wolf Pack's average will start going up but to use the Whale numbers just shows how stupid and blind you are to the truth.

Keep in mind and you posted this.  Howard Jr said freebies the first year but the next year he cut way back and the third year there were none because AEG ran the whale. 

The Wolf Pack have not eclipsed that third year or any year since going back to the same moribund brand.  I'm glad you posted that because it's JR admitting to alot of freebies the first year and then almost none by the time the Whale leaves.  You can't accept his word on the first year then call him a liar on the last two.  

I just wish you could be objective once.  You don't have to blindly defend the Pack on everything. If going back to the Pack  drew more than the Whalers, Whale, or huskies I would admit it but it's just not factually true.  Your fandom kills alot of your debates, hard to defend a team with last in the league attendance and 2000 under the league average . 

"The Wolf Pack's average will start going up but to use the Whale numbers just shows how stupid and blind you are to the truth."

I can use the numbers of the two seasons where they didn't give away the house....and they're STILL higher than the WolfPack's average.

CT Whale avg, 2011/12 = 4573/game

CT Whale avg, 2012/13 = 4540/game

The HIGHEST average attendance the Pack have had since then is 4468, in the 2014/15 season.

WolfPack avg, 2013/14 = 4071/game

WolfPack avg, 2014/15 = 4468/game

WolfPack avg, 2015/16 = 4440/game

WolfPack avg, 2016/17 = 4238/game

WolfPack avg, 2017/18 = 3184/game (with 19 home dates left)

You can spin it any way your little heart desires, Fraudie.  The Pack haven't approached even the LOWEST Whale average...and it sure doesn't look like they're going to this year either.

Imagine if 2011-2013 was marketed at all. We know 2012-13 was not and the season before was under financial duress. 

Not to mention when the Pack came close it was the year they went to the Conf finals.  That was the best team they've had in 12 seasons. 

On 1/7/2018 at 10:31 AM, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

I saw pictures of the "sellout". :lol: You should all be so proud.

Not as proud as you are of 30th place. People who treat other hockey fans the way you do are partly responsible for being 30th out of 30

1. San Diego -- 9,329/game

2. Hershey -- 8,635/game

3. Cleveland -- 8,260/game

4. Providence -- 7,941/game

5. Lehigh Valley -- 7,649/game

6. Ontario -- 7,102/game

7. Grand Rapids -- 7,016/game

8. Chicago -- 6,851/game

9. Laval -- 6,644/game

10.  Toronto -- 6,029/game

11.  Charlotte -- 5,883/game

12. Iowa -- 5,763/game

13.  Manitoba -- 5,646/game

14. San Antonio -- 5,551/game

15. Syracuse -- 5,249/game

16. Texas -- 5,014/game

17. WB/Scranton -- 4,836/game

18. Bakersfield -- 4,777/game

19. Milwaukee -- 4,756/game

20.  Springfield -- 4,701/game

21. Rochester -- 4,314/game

22. Utica -- 3,917/game

23. Bridgeport -- 3,832/game

24. Binghamton -- 3,796/game

25. Tucson -- 3,770/game

26. San Jose -- 3,666/game

27. Belleville -- 3,578/game

28. Rockford -- 3,541/game

29. Stockton -- 3,262/game

30. Hartford -- 3,184/game

So, not only are the Pack last...they're roughly 400 per opening behind the closest Eastern Conference team.  

For statistical purposes...

To get to 4,071/game, to match the lowest average in team history, the WolfPack have to draw 94,181 over their remaining 19 dates, which is an average of 4,957/game.

To get to 4,540, to match the lowest average under the CT Whale brand, the WolfPack have to draw 112,021 over their remaining 19 dates, which is an average of 5,896/game.

To get to 4,000/game, which would be the lowest mark in team history, but at least they get to 4,000/game...the WolfPack have to draw 91,501 over their remaining 19 dates, which is an average of 4,816/game.

Considering their numbers...and the way they're trending...I would say the chances of the team reaching any of these is remote at best.

23 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

1. San Diego -- 9,329/game

2. Hershey -- 8,635/game

3. Cleveland -- 8,260/game

4. Providence -- 7,941/game

5. Lehigh Valley -- 7,649/game

6. Ontario -- 7,102/game

7. Grand Rapids -- 7,016/game

8. Chicago -- 6,851/game

9. Laval -- 6,644/game

10.  Toronto -- 6,029/game

11.  Charlotte -- 5,883/game

12. Iowa -- 5,763/game

13.  Manitoba -- 5,646/game

14. San Antonio -- 5,551/game

15. Syracuse -- 5,249/game

16. Texas -- 5,014/game

17. WB/Scranton -- 4,836/game

18. Bakersfield -- 4,777/game

19. Milwaukee -- 4,756/game

20.  Springfield -- 4,701/game

21. Rochester -- 4,314/game

22. Utica -- 3,917/game

23. Bridgeport -- 3,832/game

24. Binghamton -- 3,796/game

25. Tucson -- 3,770/game

26. San Jose -- 3,666/game

27. Belleville -- 3,578/game

28. Rockford -- 3,541/game

29. Stockton -- 3,262/game

30. Hartford -- 3,184/game

So, not only are the Pack last...they're roughly 400 per opening behind the closest Eastern Conference team.  

It's crazy to say this but hear me out.  

The poor attendance was good fodder for negotiations with MSG.  It's very hard pressed for them to ask for an increase in their affiliate fee when they do not help the XL make money. 

I have a feeling that the NYR will be the only original six team to take a cut in their last aff. Fee deal.

Granted I expect that cut to be small but at least it wont go up. 

Other than the fact MSG doesn't give one iota about what the attendance numbers are, I'd agree with the thinking.  They get the same affiliation fee if the Pack average 10,000 or 1,000.

On 1/3/2018 at 11:42 AM, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

What in the heck are you trying to say here? The only thing I can think of is that you are trying to say that UConn and Hartford are one and the same. That is not true at all just for the fact that UConn doesn't even see Hartford as a major part of the college. If they did then they wouldn't care who owned the XL Center and would have signed the 20 year deal everyone was talking about. Also, like I said before, they wouldn't be calling themselves a part of NYC if they were a part of Hartford. Heck, their basketball games are even on a New York tv network instead of being on Connecticut television, like they used to be. You have to pay extra now just to watch their games on television. Yeah, "Hartford and UConn are the same". That's a bunch of bull and you know it.

FB_IMG_1515885638321.jpg

15 hours ago, Whalevolution said:

FB_IMG_1515885638321.jpg

The team playing at the XL Center isn't called the UConn-Hartford Huskies, so that means that will have to play on campus or be in violation of Hockey East's rules and be kicked out. Also, the XL Center isn't a part of the campus so it still wouldn't matter. Nice try though. 

2 hours ago, WallytheWhaler said:

It's mind blowing how this debate, or whatever you want to call it, it already on page 4. 

you got that f ing right. 

The University of Connecticut is the state school/college/university/higher education of Connecticut, how freaking hard is that to understand!!!

University OF Connecticut, get it??!??!?

Edited by radcon
2 people like this

5 hours ago, WallytheWhaler said:

Still trying to decide whether or not UConn hockey is "Connecticut's team" and whether or not the XL Center is officially part of a UConn campus, eh? LOL

It's mind blowing how this debate, or whatever you want to call it, it already on page 4. 

Let's look at it from this point of view: If UConn hockey really was "Connecticut's team", then why don't more people show up to games? And if the XL Center really was part of UConn's Hartford satellite campus, why aren't their signs saying "UConn Hartford" as you walk into the building? Hmm?

Not any of that is true but enjoy debating your self.

2 hours ago, radcon said:

you got that f ing right. 

The University of Connecticut is the state school/college/university/higher education of Connecticut, how freaking hard is that to understand!!!

University OF Connecticut, get it??!??!?

Yep, but it's not Connecticut's ONLY state school/college/university/higher education. It's just one of the many institutions and UConn-Hartford proves it. That's why I question them taking the "Connecticut's (Hockey) Team" name, especially when they haven't done anything to show they're good enough to use that name.

3 hours ago, WallytheWhaler said:

Judging from how many times you've posted in this thread, I'd say you're the debating expert here.

Lol

5 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

Yep, but it's not Connecticut's ONLY state school/college/university/higher education. It's just one of the many institutions and UConn-Hartford proves it. That's why I question them taking the "Connecticut's (Hockey) Team" name, especially when they haven't done anything to show they're good enough to use that name.

Only becuase

They are the university of Connecticut. 

You guys are a scream

"The team playing at the XL Center isn't called the UConn-Hartford Huskies, so that means that will have to play on campus or be in violation of Hockey East's rules and be kicked out"

More lies by Fraudie.  UConn isn't getting kicked out of Hockey East, building on campus, or no building on campus.  BTW, UMa$$-Lowell's arena is roughly 2-3 blocks from their South campus...yet I don't see anyone kicking them out.

Nice try.  

4 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

"The team playing at the XL Center isn't called the UConn-Hartford Huskies, so that means that will have to play on campus or be in violation of Hockey East's rules and be kicked out"

More lies by Fraudie.  UConn isn't getting kicked out of Hockey East, building on campus, or no building on campus.  BTW, UMa$$-Lowell's arena is roughly 2-3 blocks from their South campus...yet I don't see anyone kicking them out.

Nice try.  

FWIW Um*****-Lowell actually owns the building.