Recommended Posts

That's true...but should the XL Renovations occur, UConn would become a partner in the renovated building, and not a tenant.  Big difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MarkH2919 said:

That's true...but should the XL Renovations occur, UConn would become a partner in the renovated building, and not a tenant.  Big difference.

Totally agree. I was just pointing out that Lowell wasn't going to kicked out of a building they own.  For the record as long as the XL Center continues to operate as an arena and not sold to some entity for another use HE isn't going to do anything to UConn hockey. HE is looking to add a team to get back to 12 members not get rid of a team because they happen to play in a suitable building which happens to be "off-campus"  Let's face it if HE adds Quinnipiac as member 12 you can be sure their arena which seats around 3,500 will somehow be acceptable (it is a great facility BTW) even though they allegedly claim to require a 5,000 seat minimum for on campus arenas (discounting those that have been grandfathered in)    

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know, I was saying that Hockey East isn't kicking UM-Lowell out anytime soon, and their building isn't technically on campus either.  That was my point.

The only person, by the way, that has even mentioned that UConn could be kicked out of HE...is Fraudie.  And, as we know...the chances of UConn getting kicked out of HE...is somewhere very, very, very close to zero.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

"The team playing at the XL Center isn't called the UConn-Hartford Huskies, so that means that will have to play on campus or be in violation of Hockey East's rules and be kicked out"

More lies by Fraudie.  UConn isn't getting kicked out of Hockey East, building on campus, or no building on campus.  BTW, UMa$$-Lowell's arena is roughly 2-3 blocks from their South campus...yet I don't see anyone kicking them out.

Nice try.  

Now I wonder if this is a gag, 

Will they be called the Storrs Huskies when the campus HE arena is built? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldetymehcky said:

Totally agree. I was just pointing out that Lowell wasn't going to kicked out of a building they own.  For the record as long as the XL Center continues to operate as an arena and not sold to some entity for another use HE isn't going to do anything to UConn hockey. HE is looking to add a team to get back to 12 members not get rid of a team because they happen to play in a suitable building which happens to be "off-campus"  Let's face it if HE adds Quinnipiac as member 12 you can be sure their arena which seats around 3,500 will somehow be acceptable (it is a great facility BTW) even though they allegedly claim to require a 5,000 seat minimum for on campus arenas (discounting those that have been grandfathered in)    

I would love QU to join and it's my understandiing HE wanted QU before UConn but QU does not seem to want to leave 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Whalevolution said:

I would love QU to join and it's my understandiing HE wanted QU before UConn but QU does not seem to want to leave 

Not sure that they have any real incentive to leave.  With the exception of this season, at least so far, they've been very success**l on the ice. Also even though they are a good school they have a pretty serious recruiting advantage over just about all of other ECAC members when it comes to academics  

Edited by oldetymehcky
typo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do believe there was a mandate when UConn joined HE that an on-campus arena had to be built, or Frietas had to be upgraded to meet HE standards.

Whether that mandate is still good or not...well, only HE and UConn know for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, MarkH2919 said:

I do believe there was a mandate when UConn joined HE that an on-campus arena had to be built, or Frietas had to be upgraded to meet HE standards.

Whether that mandate is still good or not...well, only HE and UConn know for sure.

That mandate is still in effect because UConn just exhausted one waiver last year and only have one more left. They were supposed to have started building an arena or started upgrading Frietas by this season. Since they didn't, they have to have until 2020 to get that done. If not then they're probably going to be kicked out of Hockey East, or at least be paying a penalty to the conference.

15 hours ago, Whalevolution said:

I would love QU to join and it's my understandiing HE wanted QU before UConn but QU does not seem to want to leave 

There really is no incentive for them to switch conferences for hockey. They play they same cl***** of players, and don't have to worry about having to update an arena they just built. People forget that Hockey East and other "big conferences" have requirements like an arena with a minimum capacity of 5,000 seats for new and transferred teams. Notre Dame was playing in a 2,857 seat arena that they just finished an update on before starting to build a 5,022 seat, $50 million arena just so they could join Hockey East.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"That mandate is still in effect because UConn just exhausted one waiver last year and only have one more left. They were supposed to have started building an arena or started upgrading Frietas by this season. Since they didn't, they have to have until 2020 to get that done. If not then they're probably going to be kicked out of Hockey East, or at least be paying a penalty to the conference."

Fraudie, will you stop???  UConn isn't getting kicked out of the conference, nor are they paying any penalty to the conference.  You're talking out of your backside...as usual.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

Fraudie, will you stop???  UConn isn't getting kicked out of the conference, nor are they paying any penalty to the conference.  You're talking out of your backside...as usual.  

Hockey East requires at least a 4000 seat arena, on campus. Also, the XL Center doesn't allow away colleges to practice there with two weeks notice, which is another Hockey East requirement. There are also two levels of penalties that a team can have imposed against them. The second level is when the big penalties come into play. The last three consist of a $10,000 penalty, then a $50,000 penalty, and finally "termination of membership".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

Hockey East requires at least a 4000 seat arena, on campus. Also, the XL Center doesn't allow away colleges to practice there with two weeks notice, which is another Hockey East requirement. There are also two levels of penalties that a team can have imposed against them. The second level is when the big penalties come into play. The last three consist of a $10,000 penalty, then a $50,000 penalty, and finally "termination of membership".

They can practice at Fritas problem solved 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Whalevolution said:

They can practice at Fritas problem solved 

 

They don't play at Freitas, so that doesn't fit the rules. The team's arena has to be available for the other team to practice in, outside of other collegiate activities or sports. Also, that would mean the team would have to bus the players from Hartford to Storrs just to practice, and then bus then back to Hartford for the game. This is one of the main reasons why the XL Center can't be UConn's permanent home. With the events that go on at the XL Center, other teams can't practice there, and that's made even harder now that the Wolf Pack has started to hold more practices there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So let's see if I have this straight...

Per Fraudie, UConn is going to get "kicked out of the conference" because away teams can't practice at the XL Center?  An away team that comes more often than not...on the day of the game?  

Also, per Fraudie, he knows the "penalties"???  LMAO.  $10K to UConn is $10 to you and me.  It's nothing.  And...once again...and please, read this slowly...UCONN IS NOT GETTING KICKED OUT OF THE FREAKING CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There.  I don't think I can say it any more convincingly than that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never seen a person with so much pure hatred for Hartford.  He's WORSE than Biggie, and I didn't think that was even possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

They don't play at Freitas, so that doesn't fit the rules. The team's arena has to be available for the other team to practice in, outside of other collegiate activities or sports. Also, that would mean the team would have to bus the players from Hartford to Storrs just to practice, and then bus then back to Hartford for the game. This is one of the main reasons why the XL Center can't be UConn's permanent home. With the events that go on at the XL Center, other teams can't practice there, and that's made even harder now that the Wolf Pack has started to hold more practices there.

Problem is as Oldtyme Hockey pointed out HE hasn't been enforcing those rules.  You keep going in circles on this.  UConn still draws better than 2/3 of the league over the four years. No one bites the hand that feeds them.

 

And nice double standard they can't use Frietas because they don't play at Frietas 

Those are your words so you admit that XL is UConns home ice. What was it last week you were saying their home ice is Storrs. 

 

Burnt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Evo is right, of course.

 I still can't get over why a team would need to practice either at Frietas or at the XL, when in most cases, they travel the day of the game.  I get that Fraudie hates UConn and Hartford, but to blatently lie constantly about the state of affairs regarding UConn is laughable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also...wouldn't the "lack of using the XL for practice" be an issue for visiting AHL teams as well???  After all, the AHL is a developmental league...

To quote Evo:  "Burnt"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#1 = nobody said the XL Center was part of UConn Hartford.

#2 = The WolfPack are the Baby Rangers.  The only way they represent Hartford is in name only.  They don't give a s#!t about Hartford, and never have.  UConn is the true Hartford hockey.

#3 = UConn absolutely is Connecticut's team.  To think otherwise is asinine.

#4 and #5 are spot on.  Right Evo?  ;)

Next topic:  Why Greg has to post on this forum, even though he's been kicked out numerous times...discuss.......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Whalevolution said:

They can practice at Fritas problem solved 

 

I think what he was referring to were game day skates which so far in UConn's season probably would have only happened when Vermont and tOSU were in town for Friday/Sa****ay games (as well as UConn being @ Maine and Miami). as teams want to get on the ice the morning of games. They certainly aren't schlepping out to Storrs for a 30-40 minute skate. That being said it's hardly grounds for expulsion from a conference.    

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MarkH2919 said:

Hey KarmanosIsATool...why haven't you changed your name to "Dundon Is God"??  After all, he owns 61% of the Canes now...

My point exactly, keep on keeping on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I think what he was referring to were game day skates which so far in UConn's season probably would have only happened when Vermont and tOSU were in town for Friday/Sa****ay games (as well as UConn being @ Maine and Miami). as teams want to get on the ice the morning of games."

I can't see how getting on the XL ice the morning of a game would be an issue...and if it is, it would be an issue for both teams, not just the visitor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"My point exactly, keep on keeping on."

So Dundon doesn't own 61% of the Canes now?  You say I'm always right, then I post something that's a fact...and you question it?

You're like Fraudie...sometimes I think you start crap just to keep yourself entertained.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now