24 minutes ago, MarkH2919 said:

"I think what he was referring to were game day skates which so far in UConn's season probably would have only happened when Vermont and tOSU were in town for Friday/Sa****ay games (as well as UConn being @ Maine and Miami). as teams want to get on the ice the morning of games."

I can't see how getting on the XL ice the morning of a game would be an issue...and if it is, it would be an issue for both teams, not just the visitor.

Actually not. UConn can have their gameday skate at Frietas since they return to campus following games.  Those visiting teams that are here for 2 games are going to be staying closer to Hartford and aren't schleppling out to Storrs for a gameday skate. Again with the HE schedule as opposed to other conferences this only happens a couple of times a year and certainly isn't grounds for expulsion from a conference which is actually looking to add a 12th team not expel a member for what at the end of the day is a trivial matter.    

"Actually not. UConn can have their gameday skate at Frietas since they return to campus following games.  Those visiting teams that are here for 2 games are going to be staying closer to Hartford and aren't schleppling out to Storrs for a gameday skate. Again with the HE schedule as opposed to other conferences this only happens a couple of times a year and certainly isn't grounds for expulsion from a conference which is actually looking to add a 12th team not expel a member for what at the end of the day is a trivial matter."

Totally agree that it's a trivial matter.  Besides, even when UConn either builds a new arena on campus or updates Frietas, they are still going to play a percentage of their home games at the XL Center...so the "game day skate" thing isn't really going to go away.

"Well since it seems like the sport of soccer bores you, I'm going to a$$ume you won't be supporting the f uture USL Hartford team hence making you a Hartford hater. LOL"

Not true.  Minor league soccer has not worked here before (see: Hartford ****ions), so why do we think it will work now?  That's what I have a real problem with, not the sport itself.  If we're going to venture into soccer, why settle for minor league?  Go for a MLS team...we have a stadium ready to go (Rentschler)

"Something tells me you'd be singing a different tune if UConn never moved their home games to Hartford."

The true Hartford hockey isn't the WolfPack.  That's not debatable.  

UConn isn't. Buying the XL they don't own the XL the City does. 

UConn plays at the XL is a tenant of the XL there's been mention of space used as cl***** room space.  Currently there ARE cl*****es held at HPL is that part of the campus no, neither is the XL but a college with a DT campus office often always has access to state and city facilities. 

Greg blew it was relatively reasonable knew he couldn't be rational 

Just like WallyThe Whaler in real life 

Bye Felicia 

11 hours ago, Whalevolution said:

UConn isn't. Buying the XL they don't own the XL the City does. 

UConn plays at the XL is a tenant of the XL there's been mention of space used as cl***** room space.  Currently there ARE cl*****es held at HPL is that part of the campus no, neither is the XL but a college with a DT campus office often always has access to state and city facilities. 

Greg blew it was relatively reasonable knew he couldn't be rational 

Just like WallyThe Whaler in real life 

Bye Felicia 

Also, which is it? Where there UConn cl*****es held at the XL Center or not? Also, just because they have use of it, that didn't mean the rules and regulations they agreed to when joining Hockey East just disappear. They have to follow them or face the punishment.

There is no which, you are just clueless. 

If you don't want to talk hockey using facts then do your arguing with WC.

Everything you just wrote it's like you have immediate amnesia of everything I just explained. 

Look my information on this comes from the top 

Your information on this comes from imagination land. 

"Also, just because they have use of it, that didn't mean the rules and regulations they agreed to when joining Hockey East just disappear. They have to follow them or face the punishment."

Here we go again.  There is no punishment, Fraudie.  I will give WC credit, at least he reveals where his BS comes from.  You don't.

13 minutes ago, Whalevolution said:

There is no which, you are just clueless. 

If you don't want to talk hockey using facts then do your arguing with WC.

Everything you just wrote it's like you have immediate amnesia of everything I just explained. 

Look my information on this comes from the top 

Your information on this comes from imagination land. 

"From the top." If that's Malloy then I know it's false. I got my information from Hockey East and other schools that have been contacted about joining the conference. One is Holy Cross in Worcester where Hockey East accepted the women's team into the conference but wouldn't accept their men's teams because of, and I quote, "In our men's league, we're more stringent on facility issues, attendance, seating capacity, things like that. Where the women can play at the Hart Center (1600) without any difficulty, if the men were interested, that would be an issue." Holy Cross has played a few games at the DCU Center but that would only be a temporary home until they built a new arena or expanded the Hart Center. They said they wouldn't start working on bringing the men's team into Hockey East for a while because they're upgrading the basketball court, and would have to wait until that's finished.

8 minutes ago, MarkH2919 said:

"Also, just because they have use of it, that didn't mean the rules and regulations they agreed to when joining Hockey East just disappear. They have to follow them or face the punishment."

Here we go again.  There is no punishment, Fraudie.  I will give WC credit, at least he reveals where his BS comes from.  You don't.

It's from Hockey East's bylaws.

20 minutes ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

"From the top." If that's Malloy then I know it's false. I got my information from Hockey East and other schools that have been contacted about joining the conference. One is Holy Cross in Worcester where Hockey East accepted the women's team into the conference but wouldn't accept their men's teams because of, and I quote, "In our men's league, we're more stringent on facility issues, attendance, seating capacity, things like that. Where the women can play at the Hart Center (1600) without any difficulty, if the men were interested, that would be an issue." Holy Cross has played a few games at the DCU Center but that would only be a temporary home until they built a new arena or expanded the Hart Center. They said they wouldn't start working on bringing the men's team into Hockey East for a while because they're upgrading the basketball court, and would have to wait until that's finished.

Have **n holding your breath.

I give him real sources he gives me HockeyEast.com LOL

Yup.  And I'm sure people from Hockey East are just chomping at the bit to talk to Fraudie about how "stringent" their league is.  LMAO.

Nope Markie boy, Could give half a ***** who owns the Canes. The fact you're an internet bully, you never let anything die here, you let Franks trolling enrage you. You constantly have to be the big dog around here. it's pretty **n watching how pathetic it all is.

And you have nothing better to do with your life than to come on here and post nothing that's of any use to anybody.  So...just remember that the next time you come on here.

The title of this thread "Connecticut's Team" (which needs to put out of its misery) reminded me of this, when the Whalers considered changing their name to the "Connecticut Whalers" back in 1993.

Richard Gordon, principal owner of the Whalers, said in a recent interview. "And since we are a regional team, we're considering changing our name to the Connecticut Whalers."

Hartford Whalers' Goal: To Become Connecticut's Team, or Else

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/03/28/nyregion/hartford-whalers-goal-to-become-connecticut-s-team-or-else.html?pagewanted=all

33 minutes ago, TheDirtyH said:

The title of this thread "Connecticut's Team" (which needs to put out of its misery) reminded me of this, when the Whalers considered changing their name to the "Connecticut Whalers" back in 1993.

Richard Gordon, principal owner of the Whalers, said in a recent interview. "And since we are a regional team, we're considering changing our name to the Connecticut Whalers."

Hartford Whalers' Goal: To Become Connecticut's Team, or Else

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/03/28/nyregion/hartford-whalers-goal-to-become-connecticut-s-team-or-else.html?pagewanted=all

True and **rther realized when Baldwin used Connecticut Whale.   Hartford Whale gave the NHL the heepie jeepies so they sold it as a more inclusive brand regionally. 

Connecticut Whalers wouldn't have sold one extra seat in my opinion though 

Who the Dirty H? 

Pretty sure it's not Greg but if you mean THHF well maybe.  It's true that no one hates Hartford and is more combative or rude on this board right now than TFFH.  He definitely fits the Greg Troll mode.   Not to mention he was the only person crazy enough to defend Greg's behavior 

44 minutes ago, MarkH2919 said:

I think the Dirty H is also Hendrickson...one of his countless monikers.

Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not Hendrickson.  Just someone else who's here for the entertainment value mostly. :wink:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheDirtyH said:

Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not Hendrickson.  Just someone else who's here for the entertainment value mostly. :wink:

You can hold an adult conversation about Hockey, so I never thought you were a dual THHF or Greg account. 

I'm always conflicted about Gordon he made the worst trades in sports and picked the worst partner but considering what a disaster PK is Gordon at least had some care for Hartford.

"Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not Hendrickson.  Just someone else who's here for the entertainment value mostly. :wink:"

In that case, allow me to apologize to you for saying you were.  

As Evo said, Gordon's big mistake was letting Ben Sisti be one of the partners...that really was the move that doomed the franchise, more than anything PK did.

You guys remember what you thought when he said this in 93?

I was like yuck

If they were here today I'd be like yuck

Not that I wouldn't take it, I'd take any name.