Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Monizzle145

The XL Center Chick Fill A Stand Is a Joke

11 posts in this topic

Just got back from the Uconn game which was a tough loss but great game. But during the 1st intermission go over to the new Chick Fill A stand and they only have wraps and sandwiches! No fries or nuggets (which are the best things to order). I go back to read the facebook announcement and realized i totally didn't read it right last week and they said it was wraps and sandwiches only. Oh well. They need to knock down one of those unused concessions and make a chick fill a express like the Dunkin Stand.

I talked to the guy running the booth and he said that even if they were in a regular space they'd only be doing sandwiches and wraps because they don't have any equipment in the building. They would have to be able to setup their own kitchen somewhere for them to have the nuggets and fries. From the sound of it that's not going to happen. They have the same type of setup in Springfield as well.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

I talked to the guy running the booth and he said that even if they were in a regular space they'd only be doing sandwiches and wraps because they don't have any equipment in the building. They would have to be able to setup their own kitchen somewhere for them to have the nuggets and fries. From the sound of it that's not going to happen. They have the same type of setup in Springfield as well.

Right i don't think the volume of the average XL center event is worth it for them to have a **ll time space. Even at the 2 packed concerts (Roger Waters and Dead and Co) people would eat whatever they put out so there is no incentive to set up and work out a deal for chick fill a when they can just outsource the generic foot and order for 2 to 8K crowds (for uconn BB, uconn hockey, wolf pack).

6 hours ago, WallytheWhaler said:

And to think WC thought this was a sign of the Whalers returning. LOL

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

7 hours ago, WallytheWhaler said:

And to think WC thought this was a sign of the Whalers returning. LOL

Right a "brand new resturant" as he said haha. I be the NHL is sending people to check out this new "resturant" and the wraps this weekend too. It's happening!

1 person likes this

I think they building would also need to be remodeled before they could even think about being able to make anything there for games. As it is now only the burgers, hot dogs, chili, and fries are made at the XL Center everything else like the pizza, donuts, bbq, and now this is all made somewhere else and brought in. With the state looking to sell the place instead of upgrading it, we might be waiting a long time before we see any "actual restaurants" in the building.

6 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

I think they building would also need to be remodeled before they could even think about being able to make anything there for games. As it is now only the burgers, hot dogs, chili, and fries are made at the XL Center everything else like the pizza, donuts, bbq, and now this is all made somewhere else and brought in. With the state looking to sell the place instead of upgrading it, we might be waiting a long time before we see any "actual restaurants" in the building.

Right the concessions may be out of date to allow for chain restaurants to have the ability to serve. To me i think the #1 thing is profitability. Venues Mercedes-Benz Stadium has year round mega concerts, mls soccer, college football bowls/neutral site games which is why chick fill a is there. Those events bring in more fans. And same with the nearby NHL venues like TD Garden that has chains within the concessions. They have 82 Bruins/Celtics games then concerts and various events.

The biggest thing hurting the growth of the XL is the teams playing **ll seasons there are bringing crowds mostly under 10K minus a few college b ball games. That's why if a new owner or SPECTRA can continue to get a few more concerts per year at the XL that would spur upgrades and development.

5 hours ago, Whalevolution said:

Are they open for Sunday games? 

No even at the Falcons new Venue (Mercedes Benz Stadium) they are closed for sundays). They are sticking to their principles of being closed even in arena locations.

2 hours ago, WallytheWhaler said:

The owner of chick-fil-a has been heavily criticized for this but I respect the man for sticking to his guns and keeping his restaurants closed on Sundays.

Right i respect the fact that they are being true to their beliefs and sacrificing millions of dollars of revenue a year to practice what they literally preach on the religious front. And the one time they have served on a Sunday was a few weeks ago when Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport lost power and they gave out free food to those stranded p*****engers.

1 person likes this

Business wise it's dumb but they don't care.  I agree having the real sandwiches is what everyone wants anyways