Sign in to follow this  
WhalerCentral

DMV experiencing high demand for Whaler plate, design is beauti**l

The lines just are not stopping at the DMV, between the New Year holiday and high demand for the Whalers plate, 1-hour and longer waits have been seen at DMV offices throughout the state.

The new Plate design is beauti**l, the contrast of green and blue, this will be a huge seller, very interesting that this is released on the same day as the Journey/Def Leppard announcement that they are starting their world tour in Hartford at the XL Center.

.... something big is going on behind the scenes in Hartford

4929449828286464.jpeg

That's **nny because I was there the other day updating my driver's license and they said the plate's design won't be approved for a while. Also, the wait time had more to do with a change in the types of IDs and car taxes not being paid in some cities. It has nothing to do with this.

8 minutes ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

That's **nny because I was there the other day updating my driver's license and they said the plate's design won't be approved for a while. Also, the wait time had more to do with a change in the types of IDs and car taxes not being paid in some cities. It has nothing to do with this.

People are at the DMV for the plate, the design was done quite some time ago, it just had to gain final approval and some stuff behind the scenes, from what I can gather, the final design of it was completed late last year, there was just some legal hoops and approval hoops it needed to fall within in the first week or two of this year.

1 hour ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

Being a Whaler fan, did you order one?

12 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

They said I couldn't pre-order one or they just didn't have the paperwork.

Yea it's been a choppy start for sure

First I heard delayed tying up lose ends with NHL

Now I think they may need 400 pre orders to begin production

I'll know something at the PC tuesday

I would try and see if you can wait until a weekday to try and get these Whaler plates, the demand for them today on a Sa****ay is out the door, we are seeing the worst wait times at the DMV all year right now, on this Sa****ay morning.

if you notice, at each location, the Registration line is the longest, longer than the License or License Transfer lines, this is unreal

6128602214301696.png

5445096689631232.png

4721998948466688.png

2 hours ago, WhalerCentral said:

if you notice, at each location, the Registration line is the longest, longer than the License or License Transfer lines, this is unreal

According to the graphic you posted, in Waterbury the line for License and Non-Driver ID Transactions is nine people longer than the Registration Transactions line. 

Now that CT has Whaler license plates any chance we can get a petition going to change the state song from "Yankee Doodle" to "Br***** Bonanza"? No offense to James Cagney or anything, but the Whaler theme song needs to be officially reclaimed by this state!

• Like 1