Sign in to follow this  
WhalerCentral

I just got off the phone with DMV I.T. staff, website just updated for Whalers

Just before 11 a.m. today, Tuesday, the DMV website was just updated with the Whalers information on the Vanity plate part of the website.  Everything is green lighted, everything is ready to go, big press conference in Hartford this afternoon.

Remake of a current marker plate:
Hartford Whalers plates are available in the p*****enger, combination, commercial, camper, camp trailer and handicapped registration types only.
You maintain your current marker plate number and have it re-made with the Hartford Whalers background. 
Plate requests are made on the Special Order Plate Application (form M-22). Your present marker plate number would be the same marker plate number being requested.
The fee is $80.

New vanity plates: 
Hartford Whalers plates are available in the p*****enger, combination, commercial, camper, and camp trailer and handicapped registrations. Plate requests are made on the Special Order Plate Application (form M-22) or through DMV's online service. 
The fee is $149. Vanity plate options - see additional information.

5671375129018368.png

6607806177476608 (1).png

6159355891417088.png

So, unless WC stole these pictures from someone, we should be able to find out who he is. Also, only NBC Connecticut had the press conference online because WFSB couldn't get their feed to work at all. WTNH posted an article about plate and Fox 61 was to busy showing the Coast Guard breaking the ice by the swing bridge in East Haddam. 

BTW, Good stuff, WC.  From what I have heard, the PC was a huge success.  

Will be going online in the next day or so to update my plates.  

• Like 1

With the Governor talking about it, the Lieutenant Governor in attendance, I am more certain than ever after the seeing the crowd today and the fanfare and media attention that this is getting, I am certain that 2018 is the year the announcement is made that the Whalers are coming back, with either 2019 or 2020 being the year the Whalers actually hit the ice in Hartford, unless Ottawa decides to make an emergency move here in September 2018, which I don't think is too probable at this point.

4 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

So, unless WC stole these pictures from someone, we should be able to find out who he is. Also, only NBC Connecticut had the press conference online because WFSB couldn't get their feed to work at all. WTNH posted an article about plate and Fox 61 was to busy showing the Coast Guard breaking the ice by the swing bridge in East Haddam. 

3 hours ago, WhalerCentral said:

DUQHTzYVwAAxtQg (1).jpg

I think we've all figured it out!! Pucky is Frank, Fraudie is Pucky!!

Anyway, there's Frank, Frenchy making the announcement in front of the mikes!!

You look good Frankie!!

Pucky was Gl*****on 

The photos creep me out a little because I was right there when they were taken 

Anyway we've been on SI and NHLNBC. Whaler fans have shown more pride and support for the Whale than any other team that's ever played here in CT. and yet  they're not here which makes it all the more impressive.   Today we win

17 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

LoL you are going to have one **** of a time trying to rain on this parade.  You might as well be standing in front of a train.  

Poor Fraudie.

The news of these plates being available is literally all over the internet.  Detroit...Las Vegas.  Seattle.  The Wall Street Journal...

Hartford hockey = NOT WolfPack hockey.  Simple as that, folks.

7 hours ago, WhalerCentral said:

When I got there and saw our Evo holding the phone in landscape mode, I knew it was going to be a good day.

a94.jpg

4751812296179712.jpeg

Seems like a little bit of stalking to me!! Be care**l!

13 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

Poor Fraudie.

The news of these plates being available is literally all over the internet.  Detroit...Las Vegas.  Seattle.  The Wall Street Journal...

Hartford hockey = NOT WolfPack hockey.  Simple as that, folks.

Yes, it is all over the internet and that's great. You seem to think that I'm not a Whalers fan for some reason. The Whalers being national news is good for all of Hartford Hockey, and that includes UConn and the Wolf Pack whether you like it or not. It even helps out the Junior Wolf Pack thanks to Bob Crawford being there because plenty of articles have talked about how he's still involved with Hartford Hockey because he co-owns the Hartford Jr Wolf Pack. They even talk about how he's the Director and Developer of Hartford's "Winterfest" Ice Arena, and how he has had players from both the Junior and Hartford Wolf Pack come down to stake with local kids to help build up Hartford Hockey. I just wish UConn could have done something down there, you know since "all of Hartford is their campus now."

Just because I don't think that UConn-Hartford means that the Huskies will be able to play there forever, that doesn't mean I don't think they're still a part of Hartford Hockey. They were playing games in Hartford long before there was even a chance they'd be moving to Hockey East. I bet you don't remember that because that was before you cared about UConn Hockey. You know, before they started using Br***** Bonanza as their goal song. Just because I'm not getting my hopes up that they'll be staying in Hartford after the 2020-21 season, that doesn't mean I'll stop supporting them. I'll even follow them back to Storrs, because I already going to game there in the first place, unlike you and most of the other "true fans".

"You seem to think that I'm not a Whalers fan for some reason"

Incorrect.  I KNOW you're not a Whalers fan.

"They were playing games in Hartford long before there was even a chance they'd be moving to Hockey East."

Not many, but that is true.  You, like WC, finally got something right.  Congrats.

"Just because I'm not getting my hopes up that they'll be staying in Hartford after the 2020-21 season"

Oh, we have a timeframe on it now??  Hilarious.  

" I'll even follow them back to Storrs, because I already going to game there in the first place, unlike you and most of the other "true fans"

Ah, so you're counting preseason games?  Because that's the only games they've played in Storrs since the move to Hockey East.