Sign in to follow this  
WhalerCentral

did the XFL halt the East Hartfourd Outlet project ?

The planned Outlet Shoppes in East Hartford will not be built.  After the project, which was stalled for years, finally seemed to be moving forward, East Hartford Mayor Marcia Leclerc told the Hartford Courant in November that the the Outlets are not moving forward.

Behind the scenes, many were speculating why the Governor and neighboring Mayor Luke Bronin were not present during the ceremonial groundbreaking in October.  The absence of the Governor at the ground breaking, featuring golden shovels, was an eye-opener for many.  The shoppes were to open in November of 2018, a time table that many saw as being impossible to meet, given the harsh New England winters and inability for many concrete companies to pour large projects during the winter months.  United Technologies Corp., which owns the land, where the shoppes were to be built, released a statement on Friday that also mentioned the construction would not take place.

Word of the XFL coming back started to appear in the public back in December, raising the question if developers in East Hartford knew the XFL was coming back and did not want outlet construction to take place at the same time as the XFL Team in East Hartford would be playing.  If the XFL will be played from February to May, will The Rent need a roof on it, and will construction of the roof come before the construction of the outlets?

Yes, actually, they did. It was part of Vince's  announcement that was not televised. Excellent detective work again, WC Frankwagon.

Now obviously, since the XFL has been announced with a return in 2020, the Whalers will be back in 2018. There is no other logical deduction. 

14 minutes ago, Mr. Br***** Bonanza said:

the Whalers will be back in 2018. There is no other logical deduction. 

I think the announcement for the Whalers might be made in 2018, but I don't expect them back and playing in Hartford until 2019, that is when the Coyotes no longer contractually have a place to host them in Arizona.

2 hours ago, WhalerCentral said:

I think the announcement for the Whalers might be made in 2018, but I don't expect them back and playing in Hartford until 2019, that is when the Coyotes no longer contractually have a place to host them in Arizona.

Where do you see the Ottawa Senators fitting in to Hartford's revitalization? I mean, yesterday it was you who posted:

PRESS CONFERENCE IN OTTAWA TOMORROW, THURSDAY, January 25

boys, this is big

So, how did that press conference in Ottawa go today?