Sign in to follow this  
Whalevolution

Not a good week to be a Hartford Whaler hater

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Whalevolution said:

 

I have messaged Fox61 and I have requested an apology for the Hit Piece they did on you, shown below.  In the first article, Fox61 praised you for being the driving force behind making the license plate happen, since it was your idea from the start, an idea that you came up with at least three or four years ago.  However, then Fox61 went on Facebook and did a hit job, saying that the Whalers are not coming back "but at least you can drive yourself to think so..."  I expect an on-air apology either tonight or during the weekend from Fox61.  And this was after you did the on-air interview with Jimmy and you walked through the mall together.

 

 

5122596621516800.png

5228633794019328.jpeg

5736565015052288.png

Edited by WhalerCentral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MarkH2919 said:

There are a lot of people that helped with the plates.  Not just Pete & Jerry.

It was Pete's idea when he formed the Brigade, Pete sat at the Legislative building for hours to testify in support of the plates, it was Pete who brought together the petition that only needed 400 signatures - but yet he got 827 signatures, and it was Pete who was there when the DMV Commission and Lieutenant Governor showcased the plate to the public.  He had the idea back in 2014 and was actively working for it with the Brigade in 2015.

 

5896978688114688.png

5095004006776832.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Whalevolution said:

Anyone else notice that it's the same exact AP article? It's great that we can get plates and I'm talking with my wife and family about what we're going to get on ours, but it's really nothing to brag about when people are just copying and pasting articles to the websites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know you had a bad week, all that sweet Whaler news. Plus being wrong abiut no Whaler Alumni game coming. 

Of Course it's the same AP article, that's true with every story that is abke garner national news worthiness.

This would be reason 10004 on why I don't believe You are a Whaler fan. Whaler fans are happy for this news we all worked for

Boy do you miss every point that is handed to you???

When wolf pack fans get mentioned in SI for Pack plates give me a call

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

There are a lot of people that helped with the plates.  Not just Pete & Jerry.

True, there are also alot of people that were against the plates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, WhalerCentral said:

It was Pete's idea when he formed the Brigade, Pete sat at the Legislative building for hours to testify in support of the plates, it was Pete who brought together the petition that only needed 400 signatures - but yet he got 827 signatures, and it was Pete who was there when the DMV Commission and Lieutenant Governor showcased the plate to the public.  He had the idea back in 2014 and was actively working for it with the Brigade in 2015.

 

5896978688114688.png

5095004006776832.png

Yes Jerry and I started the ball rolling, many people helped gathered some of the signatures.  Some hindered the proposition. But in the end the only important thing is bill 5389 replaces the Hartford  Whalers  UConn Children's Cancer **nd. Something we also lost when the Whalers left. 

I'm most proud of the response from our Market. The interest is proving us to be a major league city

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Whalevolution said:

I know you had a bad week, all that sweet Whaler news. Plus being wrong abiut no Whaler Alumni game coming. 

What almost alumni game? There's been no confirmation that there will even be one and people have been asking about that since you and Mark teased it over a month ago. No one with the Wolf Pack or UConn knows anything about it.

8 hours ago, Whalevolution said:

Of Course it's the same AP article, that's true with every story that is abke garner national news worthiness.

Do you even know how the AP works? Newspapers and magazines subscribe to the AP and post all their articles online. If those articles are really important then they'll put them in print. What you really need to find out is how many of these AP articles made it to print, they'll you'll see how important these plates are to everyone else.

8 hours ago, Whalevolution said:

When wolf pack fans get mentioned in SI for Pack plates give me a call

The Wolf Pack don't need a plate to get onto SI's website. They have the AP to thank as well as reporters and bloggers that actually work for SI, www.si.com/extra-mustard/2014/10/07/new-york-rangers-goalie-helmet-derek-jeter-frank-sinatra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

What almost alumni game? There's been no confirmation that there will even be one and people have been asking about that since you and Mark teased it over a month ago. No one with the Wolf Pack or UConn knows anything about it.

Do you even know how the AP works? Newspapers and magazines subscribe to the AP and post all their articles online. If those articles are really important then they'll put them in print. What you really need to find out is how many of these AP articles made it to print, they'll you'll see how important these plates are to everyone else.

The Wolf Pack don't need a plate to get onto SI's website. They have the AP to thank as well as reporters and bloggers that actually work for SI, www.si.com/extra-mustard/2014/10/07/new-york-rangers-goalie-helmet-derek-jeter-frank-sinatra

"Titular" is a word you'll  only see in SI.  The AP story was originally written by Matthew Ormseth. I'm talking to him in theis pic at the PC.  So again back to the topic of the thread; Whaler fans have been heard across the Nation and **rther and that's great news if you are a True Hartford Hockey Fan. 

 

Oh an that link, Oh yea the New York Rangers, their in the NHL case ya don't know. I loved that Helmet wrote about it in Examiner. 

FANTASTIC crowd tonight for all of HH but I know you hate hockey so won't bore you with stats, strategy, and hypothetical scenarios for making and planning playoffs machups in HE and AHL.

 

Yawn I know.....😩

FB_IMG_1517100774998.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Whalevolution said:

"Titular" is a word you'll  only see in SI.  The AP story was originally written by Matthew Ormseth. I'm talking to him in theis pic at the PC.  So again back to the topic of the thread; Whaler fans have been heard across the Nation and **rther and that's great news if you are a True Hartford Hockey Fan. 

 

Oh an that link, Oh yea the New York Rangers, their in the NHL case ya don't know. I loved that Helmet wrote about it in Examiner. 

FANTASTIC crowd tonight for all of HH but I know you hate hockey so won't bore you with stats, strategy, and hypothetical scenarios for making and planning playoffs machups in HE and AHL.

 

Yawn I know.....😩

FB_IMG_1517100774998.jpg

You're the only one that's around the hate. "Come talk to me when the Wolf Pack hey a plate."? They don't need a plate because they have a team. You've become one of those people you used to write about. They claim to care but really they don't. Once UConn moves out of the XL Center you'll stop talking about them, it's not like your cared about them before they played a game there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea the guy that wanted to talk about their chances for the playoffs while they are playing in front of an 8k crowd tonight looking for their fifth win in a row and like UConn winning with their backup, both whom are the toast of the town right now?

Again, only one of us talks Hartford Hockey.  That can be two of us but, again, up to you.

PS UConn has no plans to move.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this