Sign in to follow this  
Monizzle145

What a Great Crowd/Game/Weekend For Uconn Hockey

Today was a great day for Uconn hockey. Went the game vs UNH and not only did they get a win to cap off a home and home sweep but the crowd was incredible. Clearly the teams had unfinished business and beef from yesterday and the crowd only added to make both teams put on a great game. I understand that 6,681 won't be a typical crowd even for the weekend.

Hope**lly Uconn and the XL can try to make $9 tickets be the norm for most sections outside of center ice. People saw this deal and clearly showed out for the best crowd of the season.

1 hour ago, Monizzle145 said:

Today was a great day for Uconn hockey. Went the game vs UNH and not only did they get a win to cap off a home and home sweep but the crowd was incredible. Clearly the teams had unfinished business and beef from yesterday and the crowd only added to make both teams put on a great game. I understand that 6,681 won't be a typical crowd even for the weekend.

Hope**lly Uconn and the XL can try to make $9 tickets be the norm for most sections outside of center ice. People saw this deal and clearly showed out for the best crowd of the season.

I just can't see that happening with the rent they're paying. They have reported they pay around $30,000 just for the arena. That doesn't include busing the players and students down there, and other things.

2 hours ago, Monizzle145 said:

Couldn't agree more and the way they're making money at the XL I'm sure they'll have more.  That was a positive return for sure.  Even the Pack had a money making crowd yesterday.

15 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

I just can't see that happening with the rent they're paying. They have reported they pay around $30,000 just for the arena. That doesn't include busing the players and students down there, and other things.

With tickets being $20 a pop plus fees they are filling up the center ice locations for most games. If they cut the endzones down to 9 per ticket and filled it slightly more it would only help ticket revenue.

• Like 1

"They have reported they pay around $30,000 just for the arena. That doesn't include busing the players and students down there, and other things."

More Fraudie BS.  Where are you pulling this bogus info from?

I agree with the folks that were complimentary of the crowd on Sat urday.  Electric atmosphere, and it started right from the get-go, as the Coliseum Club filled up early (by the way...for those looking to have a meal before a game, the CC has $2 beers and $5 apps until gametime...and the food is very, very good, I highly recommend it).  The game was great, as mentioned, wonder**l atmosphere in the building...nice of the Huskies to give retiring UNH coach Dick Umile a tribute in the first period, and obviously, a big, big win for UConn with Karashik's goal midway through the 3rd.

Next up is another huge game against Boston College on Friday night...would love to see another 6700ish in the barn for that one.