Sign in to follow this  
WhalerCentral

Hurricanes Gift Shop has already started Whalers merchandise transition

At tonight's home game against Montreal, the below picture was taken.  The transition has already begun in Carolina, there will be more Whalers merchandise coming in the coming weeks, as the partial rebranding back to the Whalers takes root.  The league and new owner are obviously trying to break it to the local fanbase down there that their stay down there might be short at this point, the new owner is not going to sit at the bottom of the attendance list for long, he says he wants a winning team with a strong fan following, they've been down there 21 years, if it hasn't happened by now, it will never happen.

DU_GGOgWkAAIvyC.jpg

It's f unny that the Carolina Hurricanes and Bridgeport Sound Tigers sell Hartford Whalers merchandise, but the Hartford Wolf Pack ref use to do so.

Edited by Mr. Brass Bonanza
  • Like 1

That's a really good point, actually.

You can get Whalers stuff online.

You can get Whalers stuff at the mall.

You can get Whalers stuff in Raleigh NC at the Hurricanes team store.

You can get Whalers stuff at Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport.

But you CAN'T get Whalers stuff at the XL Center, the building they called home from 1975-1997.

I wonder if Fraudie will have anything to say about this....:lol:

• Like 1

Oh, and by the way...they played Bra$$ Bonanza again last night in Raleigh, and this time, both John Forslund and Tripp Tracy commented on how good it was to hear it.  

You must like this.  You've been one of the guys who've been able to follow the canes 

It's weird never have two emblems of the same team been such polar opposites.

I like it for several reasons...but the biggest reason is that it is my belief that the more the Hurricanes promote the Whaler legacy...in a way...it's doing us...all of us...a favor.  We've promoted it...you and Jerry on your show, and the Booster Club of course...but we can't reach the platforms that the Hurricanes can reach.  If our goal is going to be realized, to have the Hurricanes finally embracing the Whalers legacy...is a good thing.  The more publicity it gets...the better for Hartford.

Think about it...you don't see or hear anything about the Colorado Avalanche embracing the Nordiques legacy.  You don't see or hear anything about the new Jets embracing the Atlanta Thrashers legacy.  But when Dundon told the ESPN affiliate in Raleigh that the team was going to embrace the Whalers legacy....BOOM...National news.

The families down there are going right to the Whalers tshirts.  They realize the writing is on the wall, that the owner is telling them kindly that their Hurricanes brand is going away.

020118-CANES-MTL-CCS002 (2).jpeg

On 2/2/2018 at 7:09 AM, MarkH2919 said:

That's a really good point, actually.

You can get Whalers stuff online.

You can get Whalers stuff at the mall.

You can get Whalers stuff in Raleigh NC at the Hurricanes team store.

You can get Whalers stuff at Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport.

But you CAN'T get Whalers stuff at the XL Center, the building they called home from 1975-1997.

I wonder if Fraudie will have anything to say about this....:lol:

You can even get it at Yard Goats BASEBALL games, but not anywhere near a Wolf Pack game which is why I re**se to support them. I'll get aboard if they leave town and a new affiliate comes in

4 hours ago, jimmytheidiotboy said:

You can even get it at Yard Goats BASEBALL games, but not anywhere near a Wolf Pack game which is why I re**se to support them. I'll get aboard if they leave town and a new affiliate comes in

You can get Whalers stuff at Pack games. It's only a hat and a puck but it's better than nothing.

"You can get Whalers stuff at Pack games. It's only a hat and a puck but it's better than nothing."

Uh, you're not exactly the most trustworthy news source when it comes to well....anything.

2 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

"You can get Whalers stuff at Pack games. It's only a hat and a puck but it's better than nothing."

Uh, you're not exactly the most trustworthy news source when it comes to well....anything.

You can even buy Whalers stuff from the Wolf Pack's Online Store. http://shop.hartfordwolfpack.com/collectibles/hartford-whalers-vintage-hockey-puck.html

I've still got a better track record than you on being right about things. "The Whale brand is going nowhere. My source told me so."

4 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

No it's true I had a picture somewhere.  I've seen Whaler Pucks and some Whaler stuff at the corner kiosks in the XL. 

Tom Dundon Pitches PNC Arena Upgrades

By Zach Spedden on February 2, 2018

Carolina Hurricanes

During a meeting this week, new Carolina Hurricanes owner Tom Dundon pitched potential upgrades to PNC Arena, the team’s home facility. As part of Dundon’s vision–which he detailed during a meeting on Thursday with the authority that oversees the venue–PNC Arena would see upgrades in multiple areas. Among the changes that could take place include adding a new team entrance to the ice, as well as the addition of software that would capture data from Wi-Fi users.

Perhaps the biggest addition, however, would be that of a new center-hung scoreboard in time for the 2018-19 NHL season. While the new scoreboard has been discussed for a later season, officials at Thursday’s Centennial Authority meeting expressed a willingness to consider completing the project on an earlier schedule. More from The News & Observer:

For Dundon and the Hurricanes, there were items of importance on the agenda, the most pressing being installing a new center-hung scoreboard at PNC Arena for the 2018-19 season.

Dundon wants a scoreboard that extends blue line to blue line, one that could cost about $7 million. The authority had a scoreboard in the projected budget for 2019-20 but agreed to consider fast-tracking and having it in place next season for Hurricanes games and N.C. State basketball games.

“Some of these things are pretty spectacular and would a great *****et,” [authority chairman Tom] McCormick said. “Again, can we afford it? … I think everybody agrees it’s a good thing to have in this building.”

Dundon recently purchased the controlling interest in the team from long-time owner Peter Karmanos Jr. PNC Arena has been home to the Hurricanes since 1999, when it opened as the Raleigh Entertainment & Sports Arena.