Sign in to follow this  
WhalerCentral

"Who Wants to Be A Millionaire" TV show, today at 2pm - more Whaler TV publicity

On Wednesday afternoon, today, the game-show viewing world will watch ninth-grader Hayley Minter flex her trivia muscles on “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?” and – fingers crossed – haul home a wheelbarrow of cash.

The freshman at Enloe High School in Raleigh cleared a questionnaire and a Skype interview last summer, then flew with her family to Las Vegas for an August taping, the results of which air both Wednesday and Thursday.

She and the family have kept mum on her performance since then, under an obligation not to let loose any spoilers. Her dad Wade Minter, who is the PA announcer for the Carolina Hurricanes, notes that no one should make any *****umptions about her two-day appearance on the long-running ABC quiz program.

Folks, something is going on, Malloy just announced ANOTHER $100 MILLION for the XL Center, the Eagles just announced they are coming to the XL Center, Journey just announced they are starting their world tour at the XL Center, and now the Whalers/Hurricanes announcer is having family members appear on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, just 2 weeks after the Whalers make national news with a new Whaler license plate, and the Whaler alumni game coming up, and added to all of this is ABC out of New Haven making a deal to air UConn Hockey games from the XL Center, rumors swirling around about the XL Center being sold this year, and rumors swirling around about the NHL adding more teams.... something big is going on.

5610572822085632.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

You're insane and need to seek professional help. This had nothing to do with anything. The $100 million Malloy talked about hasn't even been voted on yet. This is just his budget proposal. Kind of like the $250 million proposal he had a few years ago, and the state would only approve $40 million. Also, they still haven't received that money and no one really knows what they're going to be doing with it. No one knows how much money will even be left after they buy the atrium and the front of the building. So, we don't know how much money will be left to pay for any types of upgrades to the building.

• Haha 1

WTF!! There is ZERO connection between this freaking joker and the Whalers!!!

ZERO!! You hear me!!! ZERO!!!!!!!

ZERO, ZERO, ZERO!!!!!

1 hour ago, radcon said:

WTF!! There is ZERO connection between this freaking joker and the Whalers!!!

ZERO!! You hear me!!! ZERO!!!!!!!

ZERO, ZERO, ZERO!!!!!

There are 300 million people in America, and they just happen to choose the daughter of the Announcer of the very NHL team that used to play in Hartford for over twenty years, that seems like one big connection to me, especially just a week after the OWNER of the NHL team says he wants to start playing in Whalers jerseys, the gift store there now sells Whalers merchandise, just two weeks after the State of Connecticut unveils a Whalers license plate...... something is happening.

Edited by WhalerCentral

Greetings, folks. I have some insider information for you, but I must keep my identity a secret.  I am the Junior Dep. Solicitor General of the Carolina Hurricanes. After the purchase of the Hurricanes by Tom Dundon, we had some very interesting shakeups and changes in our offices. I've walked by the graphic design department and I've seen some very strange things going on. I've seen not only Hurricanes logo be branded for the PNC Arena, but the Hartford Whalers logo branded for the XL Center, but with...modifications. A merged version of the logo, if you will. This didn't make much sense to me until I overheard the new ownership talking in a closed-door meeting. I wanted to listen in, but I had to be sneaky. I tied 200 feet of wire to two tin cans to create a makeshift listening device. What I heard left me in SHOCK. Due to less than average ticket sales in both Hartford and Raleigh, Tom Dundon has devised a plan to play 20 games in Raleigh, 20 in a Hartford and 1 game on an off-shore oil rig, as the "HARTOLINA WHALEACANES".

I fear it might cost me my job, but the public MUST know the truth. Here is a picture of the rebranded logo I managed to sneak out of the graphic design department.

derfsdfsdf.jpg

Edited by NotJakobNarbei