Recommended Posts

This announcement really ticks me off. I used to work for the Connecticut Mutual Life Insurance Company. When Ma ssMutual consumed and deleted it, they promised to always have a presence in Connecticut. That awesome campus was vacated and now just a sliver of it still exists. I worked in the Enfield office for a while, and now they are completely leaving Connecticut. We're used to being lied to, but it still is disgracef ul when it happens. Now more than ever I hope that East Windsor casino is built. Screw Springfield.

Edited by Mr. Brass Bonanza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Companies leaving the state are doing it with just cause given the failure of both sides of the aisle p*****ing the buck for decades.

2. An east windsor casino is an idiodic idea given the limited capacity for exit ramps and small town roads on and off. We should support mohegan and foxwoods if anything not support what will be an eventual failure of a casino in east windsor.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HartfordHadIt said:

The ONLY reason the idea of Hartford area casino even exists is because the Mohegan and Mashantucket Pequot tribes are afraid of losing business to MGM Springfield.

Unless they demolish the entire city of springfield and make the city a resort that wont happen. People travel to mohegan and foxwoods to get away from the hustle and bustle of the big cities. And if they aren't there for that they are there for big time concerts. The Springfield casino will never have a large enough concert venue to get acts as big as foxwoods and mohegan get. Nor will the get Red Sox winter weekends or as big wine/beer fests and so on. It will pull part of western m***** and a little of CT. Other than that people will still go to the big events down in eastern ct from both M***** and CT.

Edited by Monizzle145
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mr. Br***** Bonanza said:

This announcement really ticks me off. I used to work for the Connecticut Mutual Life Insurance Company. When Ma ssMutual consumed and deleted it, they promised to always have a presence in Connecticut. That awesome campus was vacated and now just a sliver of it still exists. I worked in the Enfield office for a while, and now they are completely leaving Connecticut. We're used to being lied to, but it still is disgracef ul when it happens. Now more than ever I hope that East Windsor casino is built. Screw Springfield.

It's already been pushed back. They haven't approved East Windsor at all, and nothing can be done now that tribes are suing to force Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke to approve their gaming agreements with the state. What's even worse is that Malloy has agreed to back the tribes. There has even been talk that some people in the state government are now starting to consider the MGM casino for Bridgeport because of the push back from the feds. They think the tribes are going to lose the suite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mr. Br***** Bonanza said:

I hope it will be built, but I know it probably won't be. When MGM Springfield is in **ll swing, Springfield will become the #1 city in the Knowledge Corridor. 

I don't think it will ever get done. They were supposed to have the old theater torn down by now, and Big Y is still there and no one has said if they've agreed to move or close. Also, if the casino is built, I just can't see anyone going to it. There's not going to be anything there other than the casino. Springfield will have that plus concerts, shows, shops, restaurants, and the arena. I just don't see what is basically going to be an "oversized slot parlor" keeping people from driving the extra few minutes to go to a "**ll entertainment casino".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is about as pain staking as a root canal without novocaine, but I agree with Fraudie.  The EW casino (and this is coming from someone that lives in East Windsor) is not going to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, MarkH2919 said:

This is about as pain staking as a root canal without novocaine, but I agree with Fraudie.  The EW casino (and this is coming from someone that lives in East Windsor) is not going to happen.

I know that was hard for you but I just can't see it happening without a miracle. They haven't started any demolition even though they said they would before the end of January. Honestly, even if they do start now, it's going to be to late. MGM Springfield is set to open in about 6 months so by the time they even get started building MGM will be in f ull swing. You might get a few people to stop if East Windsor's does happen but most of the people will just drive past it because it's just a casino.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

I know that was hard for you but I just can't see it happening without a miracle. They haven't started any demolition even though they said they would before the end of January. Honestly, even if they do start now, it's going to be to late. MGM Springfield is set to open in about 6 months so by the time they even get started building MGM will be in f ull swing. You might get a few people to stop if East Windsor's does happen but most of the people will just drive past it because it's just a casino.

Spot on it would just be a casino. People truly underestimate what the real value of foxwoods and mohegan are. They are as popular as they are more for the entertainment, resturant's, shopping, and spa/m*****age centers. Slots in East Windsor without the square footage to offer the other perks of the casinos in south eastern ct won't bring as much revenue. Mohegan is bringing Kevin Hart one night and 2 nights later there is beer fest then a night later Bruce Springsteen is doing back to back shows. And every day of the week stressed out middle aged couples take a few days off from work and get m*****ages and relaxing in the spa. And every weekend some 20 somethings buy a few hotel rooms and spend the weekend partying at the clubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I know that was hard for you but I just can't see it happening without a miracle. They haven't started any demolition even though they said they would before the end of January. Honestly, even if they do start now, it's going to be to late. MGM Springfield is set to open in about 6 months so by the time they even get started building MGM will be in f ull swing. You might get a few people to stop if East Windsor's does happen but most of the people will just drive past it because it's just a casino. "

Dude, I was agreeing with you.  I don't see it happening either.  And I don't see a miracle, because I believe the legislature is going to make it an open competition.  I'll even go this far....you'll see a casino in Hartford before you see one in East Windsor.

Edited by MarkH2919

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

you'll see a casino in Hartford before you see one in East Windsor.

That made me look for a rendering of the casino that Steve Wynn wanted to put in Hartford in 1992 that the Fat Slob blocked. I couldn't find anything. All I remember is it looked cool, which of course all renderings do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Mr. Br***** Bonanza said:

That made me look for a rendering of the casino that Steve Wynn wanted to put in Hartford in 1992 that the Fat Slob blocked. I couldn't find anything. All I remember is it looked cool, which of course all renderings do. 

I can't find any of those renderings either. That's really weird because I remember seeing them all over the place back then. I can find old pictures of the Civic Center and renderings of the Hard Rock at the XL Center that Baldwin wanted to work on getting. I just can't find anything from the Wynn Casino at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

I can't find any of those renderings either. That's really weird because I remember seeing them all over the place back then. I can find old pictures of the Civic Center and renderings of the Hard Rock at the XL Center that Baldwin wanted to work on getting. I just can't find anything from the Wynn Casino at all.

It's also oddly difficult to find any renderings of the proposed Patriots stadium. I can find one small black and white image and that's it. But it's easy to find the original domed stadium for UConn. Weird. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this