11 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

Nice to see that this topic was killed quickly for no reason.

I know even when Greg males fake accounts he still can't be civil. Always destroying threads. 

1 hour ago, Whalevolution said:

I know even when Greg males fake accounts he still can't be civil. Always destroying threads. 

Mark doesn't help the situation either. If he knows it's this guy trolling him, then why didn't he take his own advice and just block them? I've gotten into arguments with people on here, but Greg and Mark always seem to get into thread killing back-and-forths.

• Like 1

Why is this my fault?  Greg comes on here with these fake monikers, he gets called out, and that should be the end of it.

It's not like it's the first time...the problem is he can't get the hint he's not welcome.

If the Courant and the other powers that be could permanently ban his IP address, that would solve the problem once and for all.

8 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

Why is this my fault?  Greg comes on here with these fake monikers, he gets called out, and that should be the end of it.

It's not like it's the first time...the problem is he can't get the hint he's not welcome.

If the Courant and the other powers that be could permanently ban his IP address, that would solve the problem once and for all.

Or, you could just block him and ignore him. By responding to every single pay off his all you're doing is showing the power he had over you. Have you noticed that I no longer respond when you, or someone else, calls me a name or says that I'm someone who used to post on the board? I did that because it's not worth my time or energy to prove you or them wrong. Also, it kills actual discussions that are going on. So, it's not just your fault but you're also not helping the situation.

On 2/11/2018 at 10:52 PM, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

The Islanders are just as bad yet they're getting a new arena. I think Dundon might be able to bring more people in next year. He has a good track record of being able to do that with the other teams he's been involved with over the years. He's done it in the minors and the majors, and I think embracing the team's **ll history is a good start. It doesn't mean he's going to play a game up here or move the team up here either. He's just trying to find more ways to make the team money and to get more people to come to games. Next year Dundon will have more control and will be able to setup promotions to bring in people.

The islanders situation is due to traffic, cost of train tickets and distance of fans from BK vs Uniondale. As long as the Isles don't pull a red wings type of price jump with the new arena the fanbase will be filling up the new arena when it opens.

The Canes woes are present without expensive train tickets or traveling challenges for fans to get to the rink after work. As a matter of fact even when the canes were making the playoffs first round games were empty.

The islanders have a p*****ionate fanbase that shows up to weekend games and playoff games even in BK. The Canes peaked at the cup and even Dundon won't be able to raise attendance by much in ACC basketball country.

3 hours ago, Monizzle145 said:

The islanders situation is due to traffic, cost of train tickets and distance of fans from BK vs Uniondale. As long as the Isles don't pull a red wings type of price jump with the new arena the fanbase will be filling up the new arena when it opens.

The Canes woes are present without expensive train tickets or traveling challenges for fans to get to the rink after work. As a matter of fact even when the canes were making the playoffs first round games were empty.

The islanders have a p*****ionate fanbase that shows up to weekend games and playoff games even in BK. The Canes peaked at the cup and even Dundon won't be able to raise attendance by much in ACC basketball country.

They had multiple years with an average attendance over 16,000 and 17,000. So, it is possible that their attendance can be up there again. If he can get them there then he's done a great job. Even if he can bring the average up to 15,000 a game it will be considered a win.

Fraudie, I can't keep up with all of Greg's aliases.  He's had a bunch of different names in the last couple of years...but, as usual, you conveniently forget that to pin the blame on me, when it should rightly go to Greg, and to the Courant for not banning his IP address.

This is so easy...all you have to do is just the tiniest bit of research...

2005/06 (Cup winning year) = Canes averaged 15,596/game

2006/07 = Canes averaged 17,386/game

2007/08 = Canes averaged 16,333/game

2008/09 (lost in ECF) = Canes averaged 16,572/game

2009/10 = Canes averaged 15,240/game

2010/11 = Canes averaged 16,415/game

2011/12 = Canes averaged 16,043/game

2012/13 = Canes averaged 17,560/game

2013/14 = Canes averaged 15,484/game

That's 9 seasons, 7 of them were no playoffs, where the Canes averaged over 15,000/game.  And attendance is up slightly this year, at just over 13,000/game with 12 home games left.  Yes, the Islanders have a very pa$$ionate fanbase, and they want the team back on Long Island, where they belong.  The Islanders aren't going anywhere, except back to Long Island, and the Hurricanes aren't going anywhere until at least 2024.  How many times do I have to tell you people....FOCUS...ON...ARIZONA....

http://www.hockeydb.com/nhl-attendance/att_graph.php?tmi=5154