Sign in to follow this  
WhalerCentral

As of this afternoon, I am officially an owner of the new Hartford Whalers

At just after 1 p.m. this afternoon, I went to the Post Office and mailed in a check, it was only $100 for now, but I may increase my ownership level in the coming months when I get my tax re**nd in April/May.  I am officially an owner of the Hartford Whalers and I will have a say in the direction the team takes when they return.  And this time, the team STAYS IN HARTFORD.

5712959071059968.png

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, WhalerCentral said:

At just after 1 p.m. this afternoon, I went to the Post Office and mailed in a check, it was only $100 for now, but I may increase my ownership level in the coming months when I get my tax re**nd in April/May.  I am officially an owner of the Hartford Whalers and I will have a say in the direction the team takes when they return.  And this time, the team STAYS IN HARTFORD.

5712959071059968.png

"[W]ith a little discounting , Hartford drew nearly 14,000 fans"? They barely even got above 13,500 and to use the last year is a joke because people didn't seem to care before that. Just look at the five years before the final year when the team barely averaged over 11,000 fans per game. That average would put them 500 behind the Islanders, and 1500 behind the Hurricanes. Also, didn't the Booster Club do this a few years ago and they ended up having to give people their money back? Seems like a waste especially since none of those teams will be moving and none of them will be up for sale next year, no matter how bad they're doing.

• Like 1

Wow!! What  a  s u c k er! 

There's a bridge for sale in Brooklyn also!

Edited by radcon

2 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

Look what the cat dragged in.....

Wow, that's weird. First it's Vince and now Biggie? I'm just wondering if it's actually them or if someone had hacked their accounts because they've both only posted like once?

""[W]ith a little discounting , Hartford drew nearly 14,000 fans"? They barely even got above 13,500 and to use the last year is a joke because people didn't seem to care before that. Just look at the five years before the final year when the team barely averaged over 11,000 fans per game."

When was the last time...or even better...when was the first time the WolfPack averaged 11,000 per game?  

"Also, didn't the Booster Club do this a few years ago and they ended up having to give people their money back?"

Ah yes...a sure Biggie post when he gets something about the HWBC wrong.  We still have that account, we still have everyone's money, and while there are a few over the years that have requested and received f ull ref unds, the account still has significant money in it.  

Edited by MarkH2919

19 hours ago, Biggie1083 said:

"[W]ith a little discounting , Hartford drew nearly 14,000 fans"? They barely even got above 13,500 and to use the last year is a joke because people didn't seem to care before that. Just look at the five years before the final year when the team barely averaged over 11,000 fans per game. That average would put them 500 behind the Islanders, and 1500 behind the Hurricanes. Also, didn't the Booster Club do this a few years ago and they ended up having to give people their money back? Seems like a waste especially since none of those teams will be moving and none of them will be up for sale next year, no matter how bad they're doing.

attendence-300x194.jpg