Sign in to follow this  
WhalerCentral

Arizona Senate Bill 1453 approval would GUARANTEE the Coyotes move to Hartford

Arizona State Sen. Warren Pederson, R-Gilbert, is sponsoring Senate Bill 1453, which if p*****ed would restrict **ture public **nding for pro sports stadiums.

Pederson is a conservative Republican and joins a national chorus of groups skeptical of public money going to professional sports teams.

The current stadiums, arenas and ballparks for Phoenix’s four major sports teams — Arizona Cardinals, Phoenix Suns, Arizona Coyotes and Arizona Diamondbacks — as well as nine of the 10 stadiums in the Cactus League are all publicly financed or owned.

The Coyotes have been looking for a new arena while the Suns are looking at renovating Talking Stick Resort Arena in downtown Phoenix.

5966136521523200.png

5739212192874496.png

I think finally....FINALLY...Frank is starting to figure it out.

The focus should be on the Coyotes, the team that is literally operating on a year-to-year lease, the team that hemmorages money in Arizona, and the one that without question is the most likely relocation candidate.

There is a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes, let's keep the focus on Arizona.  When Atlanta was sold to True North, it took a while and nobody knew about the deals going on there until right before the announcement was made.  If 1453 p*****es, we are going to be in for a big present in Hartford.

The letter to the Islanders was Hartford's coming out party, the letter to the Hurricanes was meant to be interpreted as we mean business and we're truly going for it. Although it would be REALLY awesome if Carolina moved up here, Arizona is the most logical choice. 

Okay, wait a second. So, Arizona wants to put through a bill saying that public money should not pay for stadiums and arenas, because the cities and states never really gain anything from spending that money. How is this good for us, really? Don't we have to put close to $250 million into the XL Center just to make it "NHL ready"? Am I the only one that sees the irony with this whole post?

17 minutes ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

Okay, wait a second. So, Arizona wants to put through a bill saying that public money should not pay for stadiums and arenas, because the cities and states never really gain anything from spending that money. How is this good for us, really?

It is very easy to understand, let me simplify it for you.

5845820260483072.png

City C

Already in the western conference and there is an arena up to standards for either NCAA or pro sports and a mid arena suite level.

City C is Kansas City Missouri and or Houston Texas

The NHL isn't going to move a team back to the eastern conference when it is building on almost having even conferences again. Nor will they move it to a city that has even more trouble with **nding a new arena. Talking Stick Resort Arena is already 4 decades more advanced than the XL center is now.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, WhalerCentral said:

5845820260483072.png

You forgot the circle showing the $200 million that's needed to make the XL Center "NHL ready", the circle that shows Hartford is bankrupt and is adding a 10% tax on all entertainment in Hartford that will be raising ticket prices for the Wolf Pack and UConn, and the circle showing that Connecticut is billions in debt and didn't have the money to fix the roads and highways throughout the state. Oh, I also forgot the circle showing the president cutting **nding to the states which will pretty much guarantee that we're going to have tolls on all the highways in the state. I'd love to see the Whalers come back, but at what cost? If there's no guarantee that the Coyotes will be coming here then why are we spending more money we don't have on this whole thing? Also, where are these investors Malloy keeps talking about because no one else has seen or heard from them? I just don't want to end up like these other cities that have a $300 arena for the AHL, or for nothing at all, and are paying for it all by themselves.

12 hours ago, Kevin said:

The letter to the Islanders was Hartford's coming out party, the letter to the Hurricanes was meant to be interpreted as we mean business and we're truly going for it. Although it would be REALLY awesome if Carolina moved up here, Arizona is the most logical choice. 

Solid!

Agreed, Mr. BB.  Conference alignment is not going to stop them from moving Arizona.

And....yet again.....stop with Kansas City.  I am so sick and freaking tired of people on this board using Kansas City as a landing spot for the Arizona Coyotes (or any other relocation candidate).  If the NHL really wanted to move to Kansas City, they would have moved the Coyotes there years ago.  The NHL is NOT....I repeat....N---O---T...going to freaking Kansas City.  

21 hours ago, WhalerCentral said:

5845820260483072.png

How about Team P:  Phoenix!!!

The NHL will probably bail out the Coyotes!!!!

Nothing wrong with that arena.

9 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

Agreed, Mr. BB.  Conference alignment is not going to stop them from moving Arizona.

And....yet again.....stop with Kansas City.  I am so sick and freaking tired of people on this board using Kansas City as a landing spot for the Arizona Coyotes (or any other relocation candidate).  If the NHL really wanted to move to Kansas City, they would have moved the Coyotes there years ago.  The NHL is NOT....I repeat....N---O---T...going to freaking Kansas City.  

I am not saying they are going to KC. However if they needed an emergency western conference city with an up to date arena KC would be the #1 relocation city hands down.

13 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

Ahead of Houston?  LMAO.  

Right now yes. KC has hockey transplants from Michigan and Minnesota and the Dakotas that come there for jobs. They would have more of a hockey culture than Houston. If arizona had to move cities in the Western Conference KC would be the most logical choice right now.

If KC is such a hockey hotbed, then why hasn't the NHL done everything in their power to move the Coyotes there?  I mean their problems have been going on for close to a decade now.

You seem like a nice guy, but there are times where you don't have the first clue of what you're talking about.  The NHL will be in Houston before KC.  Mark it down.