Sign in to follow this  
Whalevolution

Tonight at 10pm

I know it has been a while but the stupidity of “The Whaler Guys” during their cameo on channel 61 should be addressed.

First laughable point: Jerry the Bruins Fan describing a “love story” with the Whalers. Sorry you cannot “love” the Whalers and be a Bruins fan. You are one or the other.

Second laughable point: The unproven claim that when the team left it meant a loss in “economic impact” of $75 million. No study has ever proven any such claims in any situation. If you have the actual independent study that confirms this please share it. But you do not so you cannot.

Third laughable point: Quoting directly; “The Whalers outdrew three NHL teams their final year one of those being the Carolina Hurricanes by 2,000 people.” So according to the grammar of this sentence the Whalers outdrew a team that did not exist by 2,000 people. Now I was going to cut some slack and give them a chance to correct themselves on their TV show/vanity project. After all mistakes happen. But they did not. Amateurs being amateurs.

What was worse was the reaction of the “news” anchors. Stupid laughter and unquestioning acceptance of these claims. It proves what I have thought for years that TV news readers cannot handle anything above house fires and car crashes.

That is all.

Hi Vince,

Thanks for watching it sounds like you watched that clip A LOT. I wonder what it would be like for me to turn on the news and see You? Well thats never hapoening anyway.

A little background before I blow everything out of the water above.  

After 7 years of battling to #BringEMBack one constant has remained. VinceCT has been wrong about everything he says here.

After the first Whaler Guy show in August of 2011 VInceCt posted here  - "Your Whaler Guy show will never amount to anything."  😂

As for our performance on Fox61 for their all star sportscaster week.

First off, Jerry is reading a prompter as am I  and nothing we said that was on the prompter was written by us. We were handed a prewritten script with no rehearsal and had to read it on the spot. You'd know that if you knew anything about the news. I agree with you on the Bruins but many Whaler fans do that.  How can one move from Whalers to Rangers or even Whalers to Carolina???? It happens, I couldn't do it but it is preference.  I myself tend to root for the Flyers and always have as a second team. Remember when you were caught in the XL Center embracing Islander apparel???

Second -  here's the study. I have been peddling this for 7 years. How could you possible not have seen this?????  With inflation 108M for Ct. Economic impact each year. You just said "there is no such study" (WRONG!) again!

Thirdly- This has also been in the news lately and it's not the first time.  The Whalers in their final season outdrew Carolina season total last year by over 2000 people.  I said it on Fox61 and it's the absolute truth. Vincect is so enamored with trying to catch me that he doesn't even realize that Hartford the 30th largest market is still outdrawing the 23rd largest Market in the USA.

VinceCt only has this forum that's it, after all this time you are still wrong. I do wish you had some real challenges for me but it never happens. That's why you disappear so often after having your points disproved so badly. And knowing that, see ya later Vinny. 

When you are invited on two of the States top network affiliated political shows give me a call but until then if you don't have any facts to back up your discontent then 

SHUT YER BLOWHOLE! }3 }3 }3

IMG_20180305_075652.jpg

IMG_20180305_075635.jpg

Vince is still trying to get over his "The NHL will never return to Winnipeg" brilliance of a few years back.  

You know in 2011 Vinny may have been able to make an argument but now, real Whaler fans know so much more than him on anything Hartford or NHL related that it would be very difficult for him to even try and catch up. 

I wish there was a Whaler detractor that had actual facts to back up their argument but I have never found one. 

4 hours ago, Whalevolution said:

First off, Jerry is reading a prompter as am I  and nothing we said that was on the prompter was written by us. We were handed a prewritten script with no rehearsal and had to read it on the spot.

I did try to give you the benefit of the doubt when I said the following:

16 hours ago, VinceCT said:

Now I was going to cut some slack and give them a chance to correct themselves on their TV show/vanity project. After all mistakes happen.

You had your "show" to clarify anything you said but you decided not to.

Second -  here's the study.

What study? Some graphic quoting some unnamed boob is not valid. Provide a link that shows an actual report that can be analyzed and dissected. To this day that has not occurred.

The Whalers in their final season outdrew Carolina season total last year by over 2000 people.  I said it on Fox61 and it's the absolute truth.

No you did not say this. But this is the usual for you. You cherry-pick one item and you think it proves your whole point. One year when a telethon occurs to get people to show up and you think it is gold. Well I have said that Raleigh's best outdid Hartford's best. In fact eleven times the Hurricanes outdrew the best year for the Whalers.

http://www.hockeydb.com/nhl-attendance/att_graph.php?tmi=6045

http://www.hockeydb.com/nhl-attendance/att_graph.php?tmi=5154

Granted some years in Raleigh were not great, just like Hartford. The point is I can back up what I said and you cannot.

To round it out we have this:

Remember when you were caught in the XL Center embracing Islander apparel???

When you have nothing you have to resort to slander. It just shows you are still a little boy. Try growing up a little. You might like it.

"Well I have said that Raleigh's best outdid Hartford's best. In fact eleven times the Hurricanes outdrew the best year for the Whalers."

You do understand Raleigh's building seats 3,000 more than the XL Center, right?  

The Whalers best year in regards to percentage of capacity was 93% capacity in 1987/1988.

Raleigh's building capacity is 18,680.  Therefore, 93% of 18,680 is 17,373.

Carolina has eclipsed Hartford's best year, in terms of arena capacity exactly twice.  Not 11 times like you claim.

BTW, hiding behind your computer and not having the balls to come out and show yourself is acting like a little boy.  Try growing up a little.  You might like it.

• Like 1

I didn't correct anything because I just easily showed you it's all true.  If Mayor Mike and The city council isnt good enough for you im sorry that's been good for everyone else I've spoken to. 

But I'm flattered that you watched us on Fox and care**lly watched  our show following the appearance. Let me know if you need anytjing else? 

Thanks 

Regarding Mark's crap. The consensus was that nobody would go to Hurricanes games. By the straight numbers on eleven occasions they outdrew the best year the Whalers ever had. So what if their arena is larger. Hartford never drew 15,000/year in one of the smallest arenas in the league. So my point is correct and Mark tries to move the goalposts.

If Mayor Mike and The city council isnt good enough for you im sorry that's been good for everyone else I've spoken to. 

It is not good enough when it is a stand alone statement. Once again the research behind the claims has never been produced. I am sorry if I have the intelligence to be skeptical about wild claims when they have nothing to back them up. If it is good enough for you then you are not a very inquisitive person. But then again you resort to childish slander against me so I am not surprised.

• Sad 1

I'm not trying to move the goalposts.  Raleigh's building seats 3,000 more people.  You don't deny that, right?  So...if there's more tickets to sell, the odds are they'll sell more.  It's like gloating about the Yankees attendance over the Red Sox....well, OF COURSE the Yankees attendance should be higher, their stadium seats roughly 10,000 more people.  

So...to make the comparison an apples to apples comparison, you base the numbers on percentage of capacity, and when you do...you lose.  As usual.

Not to mention that Hartford is outdrawing the bigger market. 

When you are the bigger market you don't brag about outdrawing a smaller market SOMETIMES. 

Just like Boston who was out drawn by the Whalers 4x in the 80's

I don't give a crap about the comparison as much as it beheads VCT whole position.

If Hartford is smaller but 20 years later still outdrawing bigger NHL markets it just means that Hartford is a viable NHL relocation spot. 

Boom!

Right, but it's the same comparison....Hartford's building sat 1100 more than Boston Garden.  More tickets to sell = more people should be going.  

Go by percentage of capacity.  

I remember that but wasn't my point my point is that it was Boston.  They didn't sell out those years regardless of the smaller size.  They could have made it look better but we don't rake Boston over the coals as we do Hartford. 

Remember this is the land where comped tickets are a sports fans  felony and every where else it's a fact of life

Your continued selective interpretation of information **rther displays your lack of credibility.

According to Petey and Markie one year makes up for all the other years. As if the rest of the 90's did not happen. The fact is this 13,000 number in '97 was the result of a small group of fans begging people to show up. They are among the few who can actually say they tried to do something to keep the Whalers here. But it was never going to be enough due to the limitations of the Hartford area. I have mentioned them previously so there is no need to rehash them. I know Petey and Jerry The Bruins Fan try to pull some crap out of their rears trying to make this place look good but it is useless.

The Hurricanes are staying in Raleigh. There are no teams looking at Hartford. The NHL is never returning to Hartford. That is all.

• Like 1

Vince, this isn't about the Hurricanes staying in Raleigh, we know they're staying in Raleigh.  And don't throw me in with the group gloating about 1997, which...by the way...if you were really a Whalers fan, you'd remember that Karmanos conveniently didn't count the skyboxes and coliseum club in his attendance numbers for most of the year because he wasn't getting any revenue from them.  So in reality, the 13,680 number is probably closer to about 14,300 or so.

This is about statistics and how they are correctly interpreted.  You can't use attendance numbers and compare an arena that seats 15K with one that seats 18K.  Like I said, it's like comparing Yankee attendance in a stadium that seats 50,000 to Red Sox attendance in a stadium that seats 36,000.  Or it's like comparing Michigan Stadium which seats 110,000 to Rentschler Field, which seats 40,000.  

So, in truth, the apples to apples comparison to use is percentage of capacity, and the Canes have only surp*****ed the 93% capacity number twice in their time in North Carolina.  

The bottom line is Pete, Jerry, and a bunch of others have done more to try to bring the NHL back then anyone else....especially YOU, and they should be commended for it, not torn apart by someone who hides behind a computer screen and keyboard.  That is all.

Once again for your simple mind. On eleven occasions the Hurricanes outdrew the best year in Hartford. People thought nobody would show up in Raleigh. Those are the actual facts.

20180306_175005.jpgYou've been out of the game for awhile.  Good Luck getting back up to speed.

No one is arguing that a bigger market had some great years when they were handed a cup post a play stoppage.  I'll let you know when you get warm or colder. You wouldn't have any idea if teams were looking or not, let's be real. Ive never said the NHL is coming back, only you deal in absolutes which is why your credibility is Zero

Look whose talking about credibility? You are the one who cannot backup what you say. I asked for information regarding your claim about the $75 mil and you demurred. I provided the data to backup my facts about attendance. I also remember several years ago you challenged me to backup my claim that Howard Baldwin Jr. was trolling this board so I did. To this day you have never acknowledged it. Not that I expected you to do so. And of course there is your continued insistence that there were 21,000 people at Whaler Bowl. Not to mention your continued insistence that Hartford is a legitimate NHL city. So stick your credibility.

The only reason for this board and your show to exist is so you can whine about how the NHL is coming back to Hartford. Don't give me any semantics about never saying it.

When Vince is ready to compare apples to apples, we'll listen.  Until then, as Evo correctly said, your credibility is zilch.

Hey Vince, 

This will show you for the BS artist you are 

Open invite to come on the Whaler Guys show.  Discredit me in person, comon mister know it all let's hear it.  

Contact me anytime to let me know what Wednesday you can make it 

PhIndle19@gmail.com 

I'll wait but I'll know you don't bleedgreen because you'll be yellow and make an excuse. You are as easy to read as a book buddy.

I will not elevate your show by lowering myself to appear. I answer questions on this board so can you. Now grow up and back up what you say.

Oh you mean back up what I say AGAIN. You thought I didn't have any proof. Oh wait....

You know if Markely had a "Hate the XL" show and he dared me to come on.  I'm going. No matter what, and true facts about HH would get heard no matter what Markley said. 

Vince you took a huge step today proving you live in a your chaperones basement.  Maybe it's you who like the Bruins, they have yellow too.

This is probably not a good time to tell Vince that on that picture you posted regarding the lost revenue, there IS a source.  The Hartford Downtown Council.

IMG_20180305_075652.jpg

See the bottom Vince?  SOURCE: HARTFORD DOWNTOWN COUNCIL

Thanks for playing, your consolation prizes are a Cam Neely Bruins bobblehead, one of Brian Leetch's old sweatsocks, and Claude Lemieux's used jockstrap.

Edited by MarkH2919