Sign in to follow this  
Whalevolution

Tonight at 10pm

This is just an idle claim with no backup information. Once again please provide the actual report from the Hartford Downtown Council. That should not be too difficult if such a report actually exists.

I wonder if you were complaining to Channel 3 about this when it was first posted 21 years ago.  My guess is no.

What does that have to do with anything???? Obviously you cannot provide the evidence to backup your claim so you try to throw off the conversation with a non-sequitur. Just admit that there is no evidence and acknowledge that I am right. It will not kill you.

It's everywhere, Vince has never been gracious when he is wrong. WFSB, Hartford City Council, NYTimes.... not good enough?  Lol

If I was given the chance to disprove a "fraud" I'd jump at the chance.  Your keyboard always speaks louder than your actions Vince.

"About 97 percent of Whalers fans live outside the city, according to a report by the Hartford Downtown Council, and the games accounted for 16 percent of the visits to the city for arts and entertainment events. The Whalers pumped $73 million a year into the city's economy, the report said."

https://www.nytimes.com/1997/03/27/nyregion/another-blow-to-hartford-whalers-to-leave-rejecting-arena-offer.html

"Just admit that there is no evidence and acknowledge that I am right. It will not kill you"

Vince if you were right about anything, I'd be the first person to acknowledge that you were correct.  However, you continue 0-for-life.  

Remind us all again how Winnipeg would never get the NHL.  :lol:

So where is the report? All I ask is to produce the actual doc-ument produced by the Council that drew these conclusions. It is certainly possible they are accurate but without reading it there is no way to confirm the contents. Again you have not backed up your claims with actual research. Please try again.

Edited by VinceCT

So it doesn't matter that newspapers and TV stations all over the region had the exact same information, in your eyes, it's the actual report or nothing.

I am quite sure you were not that asinine about this report when it first came out.

On 3/9/2018 at 10:18 PM, VinceCT said:

So where is the report? All I ask is to produce the actual doc-ument produced by the Council that drew these conclusions. It is certainly possible they are accurate but without reading it there is no way to confirm the contents. Again you have not backed up your claims with actual research. Please try again.

Vince if for a second I thought you'd care about the report Id show it to you.  But you've always been kind of **ll of it, so if you are really interested stop being lazy and go find something anything that proves me wrong.  I already know you can't but at least put in a modi***** of effort. 

You think you are something but you've been more wrong than right here.

Winnipeg not coming back - wrong 

Whaler Guys won't be around long- wrong 

75M wasn't lost in 97 - wrong 

Most people with some semblance of a brain don't need to see the report.  When multiple places have the same exact info, that's usually more than enough for people to acknowledge that there must be something to the report.  

It should also be noted that if the NHL were to return, those numbers would be much higher today than they were 21 years ago...higher salaries, higher prices for everything, from tickets to concessions to food at restaurants/bars around the arena, to souvenirs, and so forth.  

Not sure what's more amusing...Vince whining about a report from 21 years ago, or Vince's never ending quest to be right about ANYTHING.  

I even have that number today the 75M would be 108M.

Vince you can check this one punch in 75m and use and inflation calculator. 

Vince doesn't believe it, that's fine but the burden of proof lies squarely on his shoulders. Prove, HCC, WFSB and NYT wrong, go ahead I dare you.

Sorry folks. Idle quotes repeated multiple times are just idle quotes. It is obvious you cannot backup your claims so you decide to attack me. That's fine. It is nothing that I did not expect. So to recap: Jerry Irwin is a Bruin fan imitating a Whaler fan; there has been no evidence produced to backup the "$75 million" claim; and on eleven occasions the Hurricanes outdrew the best year the Whalers ever had. Proof is proof and I provided such proof. This argument is over. Thank you for playing.

2 hours ago, VinceCT said:

Sorry folks. Idle quotes repeated multiple times are just idle quotes. It is obvious you cannot backup your claims so you decide to attack me. That's fine. It is nothing that I did not expect. So to recap: Jerry Irwin is a Bruin fan imitating a Whaler fan; there has been no evidence produced to backup the "$75 million" claim; and on eleven occasions the Hurricanes outdrew the best year the Whalers ever had. Proof is proof and I provided such proof. This argument is over. Thank you for playing.

Yea you spelled his name wrong genius.  When you can back up your attacks with any PROOF, let me know and I'll throw that bucket of water on you again.  Most of what you have posted has been nothing but your opinion. Which is nice but doesn't mean jack. 

Carolina outdrew the Whalers 11 times but not last year not even close, and the Whalers were never last in the NHL, Carolina is on a least attended team streak lol. Never happened to the Whalers.

Someday you will own up to these facts that you'll have to live with forever. 

That's our Vince.  Once a stubborn know-nothing a-hole....always a stubborn know-nothing a-hole.

Edited by MarkH2919

Vince, just make sure you come by when the Whalers return so Evo, myself and everyone else can rub your nose in it.