Sign in to follow this  
MarkH2919

UConn's Hockey East Scenarios

So here's the deal, folks...down to the last weekend of conference play...all conference records

BU -- 22 GP, 11-8-3, 25 points (hosts Vermont both Fri and Sat)

Maine -- 22 GP, 10-9-3, 23 points (plays at BC both Fri and Sat)

UConn -- 23 GP, 11-11-1, 23 points (plays UMa$$ Thu)

UM-Lowell -- 22 GP, 10-12-0, 20 points (plays home & home against Merrimack)

The worst case scenario for UConn is they finish 7th.  The best case is they finish 4th, which means hosting a 2nd round series the 2nd weekend in March.  The most realistic scenario is they finish 5th, which gets them a 1st round bye, then a 2nd round series on the road at BU.

Also to note...UConn is selling all tickets for Thursday night's game for $10.  Go to www.uconnhuskies.com for details.  Let's fill the barn again!!

Maine losing two to BC seems the only possible sweep. Hard to imagine Merrimack  beating lowell twice or BU losing twice.  

So if they do finish 7th then they get a 1st Round home gsme?

Yes. 

6th place hosts 11th place the weekend of 3/2-3/4

7th place hosts 10th place the weekend of 3/2-3/4

8th place hosts 9th place the weekend of 3/2-3/4

A UConn win Thursday night means the worst they can finish is 6th.  Then, you'd be rooting for...

*BU to lose twice to Vermont (probably not happening)

*Maine losing once to BC (probably happening)

My point is...a UConn win means Thursday is probably the last home game of the season.  A loss...and the chances of them being home for the first weekend increase significantly.

Yes I mean great salvage of season and all but to get 5th and then walk into home BU buzzsaw.  Well we shall see, tall order for sure.  I really just want a home playoff series but that's the fan in me talking 

The way UConn is going right now, I don't think anybody wants to see them in a series, regardless of location.

That said...I have to admit there is a small part of me that would love to see them lose this game to UMa$$ tomorrow so they have a good chance of playing at home.

I got a ticket last night. The cool thin is the mentor group i run at my church got 2 free comp tickets since we brought a group of 14 kids to Ohio state earlier in the year. I am guessing those seats are behind the goal visitors shoot twice but it was a nice gesture. Isn't it also season ticket appreciation night?

They did "Season Ticket Appreciation Night" last week against BU.  Gave STH two freebies in the upper level.  Lots took advantage of it, as you saw with the attendance.

Sadly, the $10 promotion isn't going as well for tonight, though that could change.  Lots of seats available in the lower bowl for tonight, per the Huskies website.

Two things...

One, there is no way...and I mean absolutely, positively, NO CHANCE, there was 5213 in the XL last night.  4500 tops.  

Two, I kind of felt UConn was taking last night's for granted.  Did not play well at all.  Credit to UMa$$, who wanted it more.

The good news...is UConn will probably be home next weekend.

9 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

Two things...

One, there is no way...and I mean absolutely, positively, NO CHANCE, there was 5213 in the XL last night.  4500 tops.  

Two, I kind of felt UConn was taking last night's for granted.  Did not play well at all.  Credit to UMa$$, who wanted it more.

The good news...is UConn will probably be home next weekend.

While BU and BC are having mediocre years (for their programs history) Uconn played up for those games and clearly played down for the Um***** game. Hope**lly they will bring their A game for the tournament even if they get a first round home game against an inferior team.

I bought a single behind the penalty boxes and what were "sold" in that row maybe half those seats in row J but def look like at least 4K maybe not 5K.

Well...now things are pretty clear.

Maine gets a point tonight at BC and they get the bye and BU the 2nd weekend of March.

Maine loses tonight at BC and UConn is at BU in 2 weeks.

So it's offical Uconn has a bye and will play  at BU in 2 weeks. Ironically going to a Flyers Bruins game that Thursday. Almost wish i could stay in town for the Friday BU/Uconn game.

Edited by Monizzle145

BU will have Jordan Greenway back too.  

I have to admit, I'm not too optimistic about UConn winning 2 of 3 at Agganis,  but if they can get Creel hot...you never know.

Either way, it's been a great ride.  Next year could be the breakout season, where they start getting ranked, etc.

Edited by MarkH2919