Sign in to follow this  
Monizzle145

Seattle Ticket Drive gets 25,000 deposits in 1 Day

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-to-seattle-ticket-drive-for-possible-expansion-team/c-296507418

Seattle, which began a season ticket drive Thursday in its effort to become an NHL expansion team, received 10,000 deposits in 12 minutes and about 25,000 in total.

The ownership group applied to the NHL for an expansion team on Feb. 13. If Seattle is awarded an NHL team, its owners expect to announce final ticket prices in 2019.

The group, led by Jerry Bruckheimer, a Hollywood producer, David Bonderman, a private equity CEO, and Tim Leiweke, CEO of Oak View Group, was authorized Dec. 7 to file an application for expansion by the NHL Board of Governors. It paid a $10 million application fee, Sportsnet reported.

"S****-shocked is best way to put it," Leiweke told TSN about the amount of deposits. "We sold 10,000 season tickets in 12 minutes and we're just short of 25,000 so I guess the fans have spoken. The fans in Seattle have made it a resounding vote which is they are ready for the National Hockey League. They are counting on us to bring the NHL here."

NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said in December that the cost of the team would be $650 million. Seattle would become the 32nd NHL team.

"It's a dream come true [to see the number of ticket sales]," Bruckheimer told TSN. "I'm so excited to bring this sport, which is a great sport, to this community that so needs a winter sport. They're going to be overwhelmed by the entertainment this sport will bring to this town."

I'm glad it said deposits so many news sites incorrectly reported that season tickets were sold but in fact it's 25k deposits many many will put up but it's not 25k season tickets sold.