Sign in to follow this  
Whalevolution

Wolf Pack renew XLC agreement

42 minutes ago, Whalerwatch said:

Wait so you would rather have no AHL  ?

Would have never said that 20 years but yeah. I used to go to 10 plus AHL games a year in the middle of a loaded youth hockey season back in the day. But as an adult i have 0 interest to go to AHL games unless i see the baby flyers from Leigh Valley. Despite being a critic of the level of play in college hockey during uconns first XL season i started going to more and more games and have a connection/rooting interest in a team everyone can root for (uconn men's hockey).

I would rather have 17 or so hockey dates downtown and have the entire market rally around most of those games than 30 something AHL games and 17 or so uconn games. Across the board attendance is dropping for the pack and leveling off for Uconn hockey. That said the loudest and most crowd heavy games downtown nowadays are uconn hockey games.

I know this won't happen anytime soon. And in some ways 36ish home ahl games helps parking lots and a select amount of business more than it hurts. But I am all about having Quality events that generate more profit at the XL.  And Quantity of events which is why the venue is losing money.

"They just submitted a bonding plan that includes money for upgrades to their rink on campus to expand it to either 3500 or 4500 seats. If they go with the 4500 option then they will only be playing 2 or 3 games in Hartford."

More lies from Fraudie.  :?

I agree with Evo.  For an athletic program that is losing a lot of money, there is much more money to be made in Hartford over Storrs.  It's really that simple.  They can talk about upgrading Freitas to meet league standards, that's perfectly fine, but for the people (read: Fraudie) that think UConn is going to play "only 2-3 games a year in Hartford", that is simply idiotic to think that way.  

And, since the Pack have officially renewed for a minimum of 2 years and a max of 5, I think it's pretty safe to say UConn hockey is going to be in Hartford for that time frame as well.  If not longer.

5 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

"They just submitted a bonding plan that includes money for upgrades to their rink on campus to expand it to either 3500 or 4500 seats. If they go with the 4500 option then they will only be playing 2 or 3 games in Hartford."

More lies from Fraudie.  :?

http://buyctbonds.com/bonds/university-of-connecticut-152000000-special-obligation-bonds-2018-series-a/#totop

It's listed in their bonding requests and there has been talk of putting the new rink where the barn used to be. This way it is closer to the main road and they don't have to worry about it being to close to another town, or protected area. The people who work at the XL Center and for Spectra were discussing this at the game the other day. UConn also has a better bond rating than Hartford and the even the state, so they're going to get this money and it's being spent on campus, not in Hartford.

The bonding part wasn't where the lie comes from.

UConn has a contract with the CRDA to have 30 events per year at the XL Center, of which half of those are UConn hockey games.  That's not fiction, that's fact.  So...unless there is a new contract with UConn...your "2-3 games per year in Hartford" gets blown up in your face...like so many of your stories do.

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:47 PM, MarkH2919 said:

UConn has a contract with the CRDA to have 30 events per year at the XL Center, of which half of those are UConn hockey games.  That's not fiction, that's fact.  So...unless there is a new contract with UConn...your "2-3 games per year in Hartford" gets blown up in your face...like so many of your stories do.

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:47 PM, MarkH2919 said:

Frietas will be used for a couple of games per year...and the rest will be in Hartford.  

These two posts contradict each other. How can UConn play 30 games between hockey and basketball and play a couple games on campus? The basketball teams only play 13 or 14 game in Hartford. So, that means the hockey team has to play their entire season at the XL Center or be in breach of your "30 events per year" contract. Also, there is no contract with UConn, even Friemuth has said that. The CRDA was negotiating a new contracts with them and the Wolf Pack last, or did you forget that they don't have the 20-year contract like everyone thought. They only signed a three year one. So, that "30 event" clause may no longer exist and for all we know they still haven't signed a new contract to even play at the XL Center.

The two posts do not contradict each other, you freaking Fraud.

UConn's contract called for 30 sports events at the XL.  That number can be split anyway they choose.  It could be 17 hockey, 13 basketball, like it was this year (it was actually 17 hockey, 15 basketball if you include the exhibition games the men and women played in Hartford), it could be 15 hockey, 17 basketball, like it was for the 2016/17 season.  If the contract with UConn has been renewed, which is almost certainly the case (if it hadn't, don't you think we would have known by now??), that number will almost certainly remain.  As people have tried to tell you over and over again, UConn makes more money at the XL then they do at Gampel.  That's absolutely N-O-T debatable.

If/when Frietas gets renovated to HE standards, they will play 2-3 games on campus, and the rest in Hartford.  Why?  Because (and, please, read this slowly and caref ully, as it's at least the 200th time someone has tried to tell you this....UConn makes more money in Hartford.  

Edited by MarkH2919

4 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

The two posts do not contradict each other, you freaking Fraud.

UConn's contract called for 30 sports events at the XL.  That number can be split anyway they choose.  It could be 17 hockey, 13 basketball, like it was this year (it was actually 17 hockey, 15 basketball if you include the exhibition games the men and women played in Hartford), it could be 15 hockey, 17 basketball, like it was for the 2016/17 season.  If the contract with UConn has been renewed, which is almost certainly the case (if it hadn't, don't you think we would have known by now??), that number will almost certainly remain.  As people have tried to tell you over and over again, UConn makes more money at the XL then they do at Gampel.  That's absolutely N-O-T debatable.

If/when Frietas gets renovated to HE standards, they will play 2-3 games on campus, and the rest in Hartford.  Why?  Because (and, please, read this slowly and caref ully, as it's at least the 200th time someone has tried to tell you this....UConn makes more money in Hartford.  

UConn basketball is playing less games at the XL Center, not more. They'd rather play games on campus or at Mohegan than Hartford. They have reduced the amount of basketball games they play in Hartford for a while. The men used to play 10 games and the women used to 8 games in Hartford. Now, the men only play 7 and the women only play 6. Their attendance has also been dropping at the XL Center over the years. They were getting over 200,000 people a year for the basketball games and now they're only getting around 125,000 people a year. Also, you have to consider the hockey team has gone from bringing in around 75,000 people their first year to bringing in 69,000 this year. That reduces the money they make by almost $250,000 and you have to factor in the fact that they have to bus the players, band, and students to and from Storrs for every game. They also have to pay rent for every game they play there, and for practice time for them and for the away teams. People forget that part of Hockey East rules state that away teams have to be able to practice at the arenas on game day. So, I'm not so sure they're making a ton of money. I bet the XL Center is making money from them but I seriously doubt they make enough for them to not want to move a bunch of games back to Storrs where they would make 100% of the profit from their tickets, concessions, merchandise. and parking.

"UConn basketball is playing less games at the XL Center, not more."

UConn plays enough basketball games, along with the hockey schedule, to get to the 30 dates required per the contract.  

"Their attendance has also been dropping at the XL Center over the years"

Use your head...don't you think that has something to do with the fact that the men aren't as good as they've been in the past?

" I bet the XL Center is making money from them but I seriously doubt they make enough for them to not want to move a bunch of games back to Storrs where they would make 100% of the profit from their tickets, concessions, merchandise. and parking."

Then why haven't they upgraded Frietas?  They had from 2012-2014 to do it...they didn't...and now it's been 4 MORE years and they still haven't done it.  

Nice try...wrong again, so your perfect record remains intact.

20 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

UConn basketball is playing less games at the XL Center, not more. They'd rather play games on campus or at Mohegan than Hartford. They have reduced the amount of basketball games they play in Hartford for a while. The men used to play 10 games and the women used to 8 games in Hartford. Now, the men only play 7 and the women only play 6. Their attendance has also been dropping at the XL Center over the years. They were getting over 200,000 people a year for the basketball games and now they're only getting around 125,000 people a year. Also, you have to consider the hockey team has gone from bringing in around 75,000 people their first year to bringing in 69,000 this year. That reduces the money they make by almost $250,000 and you have to factor in the fact that they have to bus the players, band, and students to and from Storrs for every game. They also have to pay rent for every game they play there, and for practice time for them and for the away teams. People forget that part of Hockey East rules state that away teams have to be able to practice at the arenas on game day. So, I'm not so sure they're making a ton of money. I bet the XL Center is making money from them but I seriously doubt they make enough for them to not want to move a bunch of games back to Storrs where they would make 100% of the profit from their tickets, concessions, merchandise. and parking.

Using your dropping attendance = lower profit margins argument the wolf back must be having an even harder time bringing in revenue when they have much steeper attendance drops than Uconn hockey and they have over 30 games a year which is more costly than the amount uconn hockey has at the XL.

10 minutes ago, Monizzle145 said:

Using your dropping attendance = lower profit margins argument the wolf back must be having an even harder time bringing in revenue when they have much steeper attendance drops than Uconn hockey and they have over 30 games a year which is more costly than the amount uconn hockey has at the XL.

The CRDA has reported that the Wolf Pack and the XL Center have been making money for those games, which goes against everything Mark has said. UConn's attendance has drop in from about 6000 to about 4000 in four years. It took the Wolf Pack 21 years for their attendance to drop by that much. Also, the Wolf Pack are from Hartford, so they don't have to bus their players over a half a hour for home games. The Wolf Pack also doesn't have to bus students or staff back and forth as well. Like I said, I bet the XL Center is making a good amount of money from those games but I doubt UConn is really making that much.

Yes, because it's incredibly expensive for them to bus 100 students.  Good grief, this is pathetic, even by your standards, which are growing to be legendary.

2 minutes ago, MarkH2919 said:

Yes, because it's incredibly expensive for them to bus 100 students.  Good grief, this is pathetic, even by your standards, which are growing to be legendary.

They bus more than 100 students. They run shuttles to the XL Center. UConn also has to pay for their employees to drive down there and has to reimburse what they pay for parking. Also, like I said before, they're paying rent for their as well as for others teams to practice there. It's not that hard to understand why they'd want to move back to campus to save all of that money.

1) There are games when the only students in the building (or at least in the student section) are the band.  So please, stop with the bus stuff...also, it's quite possible that there is some sort of deal where the bus company provides free shuttle service in exchange for advertising.  

2) How many UConn employees work games?  10?  Maybe 20?  They'd have to pay them anyway...either in Hartford, or in Storrs.  So please, stop with this.  

3) Are they still paying rent?  Are they still paying for other teams to practice there?  Do you have any evidence to back this up?  I do have evidence of a contract that calls for UConn to play 30 games between basketball and hockey at the XL.

2017/18 -- Men BB played 8 games, women's BB played 7 games, Hockey played 17 games.  8 + 7 + 17 = 32

2016/17 -- Men BB played 8 games, women's BB played 7 games, Hockey played 14 games.  8 + 7 + 14 = 29 (Men's AAC tourney @ XL center)

2015/16 -- Men BB played 9 games, women's BB played 7 games, Hockey played 17 games.  9 + 7 + 17 = 33

2014/15 -- Men BB played 8 games, women's BB played 7 games, Hockey played 11 games.  8 + 7 + 11 - 26 (Men's AAC tourney @ XL Center)

So UConn, unquestionably, has lived up to their end of the bargain.  

Fraudie's record of being wrong remains perfect!!!

7 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

1) There are games when the only students in the building (or at least in the student section) are the band.  So please, stop with the bus stuff...also, it's quite possible that there is some sort of deal where the bus company provides free shuttle service in exchange for advertising.  

2) How many UConn employees work games?  10?  Maybe 20?  They'd have to pay them anyway...either in Hartford, or in Storrs.  So please, stop with this.  

3) Are they still paying rent?  Are they still paying for other teams to practice there?  Do you have any evidence to back this up?  I do have evidence of a contract that calls for UConn to play 30 games between basketball and hockey at the XL.

2017/18 -- Men BB played 8 games, women's BB played 7 games, Hockey played 17 games.  8 + 7 + 17 = 32

2016/17 -- Men BB played 8 games, women's BB played 7 games, Hockey played 14 games.  8 + 7 + 14 = 29 (Men's AAC tourney @ XL center)

2015/16 -- Men BB played 9 games, women's BB played 7 games, Hockey played 17 games.  9 + 7 + 17 = 33

2014/15 -- Men BB played 8 games, women's BB played 7 games, Hockey played 11 games.  8 + 7 + 11 - 26 (Men's AAC tourney @ XL Center)

So UConn, unquestionably, has lived up to their end of the bargain.  

Fraudie's record of being wrong remains perfect!!!

You haven't process me wrong yet but nice try.

12 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

Actually, you freaking Fraud, I have.  Time after time after time after time.

Where? You haven't proven me wrong ever. Honestly, more of the things I've posted about in the last none months have actually happened than anything you've posted about in seven years. So, who is the lair now? Oh yeah, that's right. 9_9

"Honestly, more of the things I've posted about in the last none months have actually happened"

Name them, you freaking lying fraud.

4 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

"Honestly, more of the things I've posted about in the last none months have actually happened"

Name them, you freaking lying fraud.

I just need to name one, the Pack are staying for 2-5 years. You said I was a liar and and that the link I used, Howlings, were a bunch of hacks who don't know anything. You can't even agree with yourself about the things you post.

Heh.

That's what you're going to go on.  But hey, you and the 78 other season ticket holders will be happy.

Oh, and my opinion of the Howlings losers isn't changing because they got one thing right. 

PS:  You're still a total fraud.   

10 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

Heh.

That's what you're going to go on.  But hey, you and the 78 other season ticket holders will be happy.

Oh, and my opinion of the Howlings losers isn't changing because they got one thing right. 

PS:  You're still a total fraud.   

Wow, the Wolf Pack only have 78 STHs. That means they sell 4000 tickets for every game. That means they sell more than 500% of the tickets of every game through the ticket office. That's amazing and puts every other team in the world to shame. That's something to really be proud of with this team. I wish the Whalers had those types of numbers when they were here. Maybe then they would have left.