Sign in to follow this  
Whalevolution

Wolf Pack renew XLC agreement

Well, that's the average and recently they've been getting more than that to games. So, yeah, they are selling that many tickets. It must be difficult to have the facts dispute every single thing you say and go against what your "sources" are telling you is "actually happening".

No.

They are distributing that many tickets.  There is a huge difference between "distributing" tickets and "selling" tickets.

20 minutes ago, MarkH2919 said:

No.

They are distributing that many tickets.  There is a huge difference between "distributing" tickets and "selling" tickets.

They're selling them. Stop making things up to make yourself feel better about the things that are going on. There's proof that they're selling that many all over the place. They're not like the Thunderbirds that announced a sellout and then had to change the picture because they one they picked showed the arena was half empty. It's like Bridgeport last year, they were "selling out" games but for some reason the Wolf Pack still beat their average by 300. Springfield even had an "Indians Night" to honor it Whalers past and they announced a "sellout". Then, people started posting pictures on their Facebook page showing empty rows and empty sections. Their own fans were making **n of them for lying about them saying the game was "sold out". Some said it was like having the Baldwins and WSE back in the AHL. 

You can make up all the lies you want to make the Wolf Pack look bad but it's not going to work. They're here and they're going to extend Hartford Hockey History longer and longer. Heck, after next season they'll have been here longer than both Whalers teams combined. Hope**lly they'll be here to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Hartford Hockey History. They'll be close at the end of their new contract with the XL Center.

"They're selling them."

Heh.  And you know this how?  Do you have access to the WolfPack's books?  

"Stop making things up to make yourself feel better about the things that are going on"

I'm not making up anything.  If you truly think the WolfPack sell 4,000+ tickets to every game, you're dumber than I gave you credit for.

"You can make up all the lies you want to make the Wolf Pack look bad but it's not going to work"

Haven't lied about a thing.  You're conf using me with Wolfie, who turned from anti Whalers to anti WolfPack at the drop of a hat.

"They're here and they're going to extend Hartford Hockey History longer and longer. "

Most people with a brain don't consider them the true Hartford Hockey.  The true Hartford Hockey is UConn...and that doesn't appear to be changing anytime soon, despite your lies.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

Most people with a brain don't consider them the true Hartford Hockey.  The true Hartford Hockey is UConn...and that doesn't appear to be changing anytime soon, despite your lies.

Most people? You mean what's left of the Booster Club? Everyone thinks of them as Hartford Hockey, so I don't think 40 people will skew the numbers that much. You also forget, I love UConn and know they're a part of Hartford Hockey, I just don't think they're a permanent part and neither do they. They still list their team's location as in Storrs on their website and on Hockey East's website. They are also getting money to either upgrade Freitas or to build a new arena on campus, whether you want to believe it or not.

HA!!!!!

You "love UConn"

Bull*****.  Just like you "loved" the Whalers.  Also bull*****.

You are a complete and total fraud.

4 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

HA!!!!!

You "love UConn"

Bull*****.  Just like you "loved" the Whalers.  Also bull*****.

You are a complete and total fraud.

I loved UConn hockey before it moved to Hartford and I'll love them when they move back to Storrs. I seriously doubt you can say the same. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

Sure you did...just like you loved the Whalers.

Seriously Fraud, stop with the lies, they're tiresome.

Just because you don't believe it, that doesn't mean it's not true. I've been going to UConn Hockey games since they were playing in the rink that was basically outside by Memorial Stadium. That's long before the Whalers left and I was a fan of them as well. My entire family were Whalers fans, and still love the team. The thing is that we're realistic and unless many things change, they're never coming back.

"The thing is that we're realistic and unless many things change, they're never coming back."

Good.  We'll just add you to the list of people that are going to look very stupid (not like you need help) when they do come back.

They aren't seeling 4,000 tickets per game to non STH. Even with those tickets given away for free there are tons of games this year that were below 4,000 attendance wise.

Correct, Monizzle.  It's so comical to see the Packrats like Fraudie defend them to the Nth degree...and they especially like to blast Springfield, but the truth is the Pack give a bunch of freebies away, just like Springfield, just like every minor league sports team.  

I work for a  big company downtown last Wednesdays game and this past Sat nite game the company offered employees FREE TICKETS.  They were given to the company for thanks for their advertisement support.  

again

every team does this 

Never said that teams don't give away some tickets. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd didn't give away a few hundred just like the Thunderbirds do or a thousand like it seemed WSE did with the Whale. It just seems like the Wolf Pack only counts tickets used where other teams count tickets "distributed". Mark makes it sound like they gave away all 4000. So, like I said before, if his claim about the Wolf Pack having under 100 season ticket holders is correct, and they gave away a few hundred, then that means they sold over 2000 to 3000 tickets every game this year, and they didn't have to sell them at $10 to get people to show up consistently.

"Mark makes it sound like they gave away all 4000. "

Never said anything of the kind, Fraud.  And I have no idea how many season ticket holders the Pack have...it's probably not under 100...that was a joke (which you obviously aren't smart enough to understand), but I would argue it's not over say...300-400.  

I would guess that on average 1/4 of the tickets the WolfPack distribute game to game are free.  So if they have an announced crowd of 4,000 that means they're giving 1000 away for nothing.  That's not good, but as mentioned, that is normal procedure for every minor league team...and truth be told, some major league teams as well.

When they hold the STH party there is barely 300 people there.  

300-400 is the most accurate guess and it's been that way for 7-8 years

By comparison UConn has over 3k Sth 

And the Whalers had over 8k when they left.

5 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

"Mark makes it sound like they gave away all 4000. "

Never said anything of the kind, Fraud.  And I have no idea how many season ticket holders the Pack have...it's probably not under 100...that was a joke (which you obviously aren't smart enough to understand), but I would argue it's not over say...300-400.  

I would guess that on average 1/4 of the tickets the WolfPack distribute game to game are free.  So if they have an announced crowd of 4,000 that means they're giving 1000 away for nothing.  That's not good, but as mentioned, that is normal procedure for every minor league team...and truth be told, some major league teams as well.

They give away a thousand tickets to every game? They're not like WSE who dumped hundreds of tickets to every game at the radio stations throughout Hartford, and handing out tickets in front of the arena.

Edited by TrueHartfordHockeyFan

21 minutes ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

They give away a thousand tickets to every game? They're not like WSE who dumped hundreds of tickets to every game at the radio stations throughout Hartford, and handing out tickets in front of the arena.

If you are going to be fair be fair.  You have no idea how many tickets WSE dropped and they only did it for one season.  Their inaugural season.  I highly highly doubt anyone was handing out freebies next to the box office. 

1000 a game for WP does sound high but as I stated my company got 100 free tickets to each of the last two games. If they are doing that for ten companies downtown I got news for you....that's a thousand. 

Don't forget you give out free tickets and not everyone uses them.  But I bet the attendance numbers reflect them in the final number. (Again as every team in every sport does, especially minor league games)

This was a bad season for the Pack too, no playoffs they still don't have an exciting roster and they still haven't smartly rebranded.  Anything would be better and an uptick.  I spoke to some WP reps and they said they think an image change would help.

4 hours ago, Whalevolution said:

If you are going to be fair be fair.  You have no idea how many tickets WSE dropped and they only did it for one season.  Their inaugural season.  I highly highly doubt anyone was handing out freebies next to the box office. 

1000 a game for WP does sound high but as I stated my company got 100 free tickets to each of the last two games. If they are doing that for ten companies downtown I got news for you....that's a thousand. 

Don't forget you give out free tickets and not everyone uses them.  But I bet the attendance numbers reflect them in the final number. (Again as every team in every sport does, especially minor league games)

This was a bad season for the Pack too, no playoffs they still don't have an exciting roster and they still haven't smartly rebranded.  Anything would be better and an uptick.  I spoke to some WP reps and they said they think an image change would help.

Yeah, I'm sure you did and I bet they told you that they would "love to see the team be called something else". That is honestly the craziest thing I've read on here. Why would anyone that's trying to get people to come to games tell anyone that the brand is "hurting" them? They're averaging more than Bridgeport, who had played better than them this year. You can bring up Springfield but everyone, even their own fans know they're numbers are fake. Their fans have even called them out on their Facebook page for doing that. They posted a picture of the arena half empty with "SOLD OUT" written on it. Their fans have them so much crap that they had to take the picture down. Also, the Whale was giving out thousands of tickets for their entire existence. I know because I saw the stacks of tickets at 106, the hundreds of tickets they gave out right in front of the building that people just threw in the garbage, and I saw the post from Baldwin Jr on here telling everyone that they gave out all those tickets and then upped the numbers to make the team look better.

So Fraudie is sticking to his guns that every team gives away thousands of freebies but the WolfPack, even though there is evidence to the contrary everywhere.

What a shock.

3 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

So Fraudie is sticking to his guns that every team gives away thousands of freebies but the WolfPack, even though there is evidence to the contrary everywhere.

What a shock.

What evidence is there? Evo said his "company was given 100 tickets". What proof can he show that what he says it's true? He also can't show anything saying that ten other companies were also given 100 tickets to every game. The **nny thing is that he even states that the reason his company was given those "100 tickets" had to do with the fact that the company is a sponsor of the Wolf Pack. So, those tickets really weren't "free" and even if they were, there's no proof the Wolf Pack counted all of those tickets, used or not. So, you have no proof of anything. All you have is speculation. It's like when everyone said that Dundon wanted to move the Hurricanes back Hartford just because he wanted to sell Whalers merchandise in the team store. You guys like to use hypotheticals but you never have any actual proof. Like how the Hurricanes can't move because Karmanos added a stipulation to the sale of the Hurricanes keeping the team in Raleigh for another seven years. Dundon doesn't even have majority ownership of the team just for that reason.

Seriously, why would Evo lie?  He's been talking about the company he works for getting free tickets for years now.  And I'm quite sure other companies in Hartford have a similar stack for their employees.

"It's like when everyone said that Dundon wanted to move the Hurricanes back Hartford just because he wanted to sell Whalers merchandise in the team store"

OK, a$$hole, now I'm calling you out....I have NEVER said anything that states Dundon wants to move the team ANYWHERE.  He's only been owner for 3 months.  Oh, and he owns 61% of the team.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Dundon

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2018/01/12/carolina-hurricanes-sold-to-tom-dungon-for-420-million/#1e7bba5e73d8

You ask for proof....you get proof.  You, meanwhile, continue to be nothing more than a total and complete fraud.