Sign in to follow this  
Whalevolution

Wolf Pack renew XLC agreement

20 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

What evidence is there? Evo said his "company was given 100 tickets". What proof can he show that what he says it's true? He also can't show anything saying that ten other companies were also given 100 tickets to every game. The **nny thing is that he even states that the reason his company was given those "100 tickets" had to do with the fact that the company is a sponsor of the Wolf Pack. So, those tickets really weren't "free" and even if they were, there's no proof the Wolf Pack counted all of those tickets, used or not. So, you have no proof of anything. All you have is speculation. It's like when everyone said that Dundon wanted to move the Hurricanes back Hartford just because he wanted to sell Whalers merchandise in the team store. You guys like to use hypotheticals but you never have any actual proof. Like how the Hurricanes can't move because Karmanos added a stipulation to the sale of the Hurricanes keeping the team in Raleigh for another seven years. Dundon doesn't even have majority ownership of the team just for that reason.

They were free from the standpoint that no employee had to pay for them.  They're a throw in but without the throw ins, which anyone would be insane to think that the Pack only give comped tickets to just one company downtown, think of what actual paid attendance would look like.  You just don't like it because it destroys your attendance point. 

That's all nothing more nothing less. I've seen this for years sometimes more often than other years but it's a part of the AHL business, again, every team does it so you should just learn to accept that. 

On 4/3/2018 at 5:03 PM, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

Yeah, I'm sure you did and I bet they told you that they would "love to see the team be called something else". That is honestly the craziest thing I've read on here. Why would anyone that's trying to get people to come to games tell anyone that the brand is "hurting" them? They're averaging more than Bridgeport, who had played better than them this year. You can bring up Springfield but everyone, even their own fans know they're numbers are fake. Their fans have even called them out on their Facebook page for doing that. They posted a picture of the arena half empty with "SOLD OUT" written on it. Their fans have them so much crap that they had to take the picture down. Also, the Whale was giving out thousands of tickets for their entire existence. I know because I saw the stacks of tickets at 106, the hundreds of tickets they gave out right in front of the building that people just threw in the garbage, and I saw the post from Baldwin Jr on here telling everyone that they gave out all those tickets and then upped the numbers to make the team look better.

Hmmm.... What proof do you have?   Oh yea none.  This is insane you can't debate anyone who believes in Ranger infallibility.  Sorry but they are no different than any team.  They all give comped tickets.  UConn gives tickets to students. Who cares it's a part of sports marketing now.  Just accept it. 

Speaking of the WolfPack giving stuff away...

To this point, they have drawn 151,764 for 37 home games, an average of 4,102/game.

They need to have an announced number of 9,273 on Friday night to match the 2016/17 number of 161,037 for 38 games (4,238/game)

If that doesn't happen (hint:  It won't), then this will be the 2nd lowest attended season in Hartford hockey history.  Only the 2013/14 season, Spectra's first, was lower, at 4,071/game.

15 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

Speaking of the WolfPack giving stuff away...

To this point, they have drawn 151,764 for 37 home games, an average of 4,102/game.

They need to have an announced number of 9,273 on Friday night to match the 2016/17 number of 161,037 for 38 games (4,238/game)

If that doesn't happen (hint:  It won't), then this will be the 2nd lowest attended season in Hartford hockey history.  Only the 2013/14 season, Spectra's first, was lower, at 4,071/game.

Still more actual people than the numbers the Whale posted. So, in reality it's not the second lowest attendance in Hartford Hockey History. 

4 hours ago, jerseydiehardwhaler said:

Wolfpack brand is dkne in Hartford.. here’s a question, when the xl is sold, would the lease be terminated, considering oak tree will renovate the bldg they would have to go bye bye..

They're not done in Hartford. The contract keeps them in the building no matter who owns the building. Same thing applies if UConn signs their contract, which they still haven't done yet. This information is from the CRDA's website and meeting minutes.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:37 AM, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

Well that's just crazy and would lose the city millions of dollars. You also forget that UConn isn't going to be in Hartford permanently. They have said that multiple times and are getting the money together to move at least half of their games back to Storrs, if not more.

How do you know what Dave Benedict is going to do? You got a bug in his office?

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:52 PM, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

They're not done in Hartford. The contract keeps them in the building no matter who owns the building. Same thing applies if UConn signs their contract, which they still haven't done yet. This information is from the CRDA's website and meeting minutes.

If I owned the XL Center, I'd rename it to the Fraudie Nut Center to honor the biggest nut, Fake Hartford Hockey Fan...:D

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:36 PM, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

Most people? You mean what's left of the Booster Club? Everyone thinks of them as Hartford Hockey, so I don't think 40 people will skew the numbers that much. You also forget, I love UConn and know they're a part of Hartford Hockey, I just don't think they're a permanent part and neither do they. They still list their team's location as in Storrs on their website and on Hockey East's website. They are also getting money to either upgrade Freitas or to build a new arena on campus, whether you want to believe it or not.

Hey Fakey, UConn is listed as Storrs, because that is where the AD office is... Rentschler Field is in East Hartford is where the football team plays, but the schedule has Storrs listed. Are you going to tell me they will move the football team to Storrs?

TeenWhalersFan gets it.

"True" Hartford Hockey Fan is the biggest fraud on this board.  It's not even remotely close.

On 4/4/2018 at 11:54 AM, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

What evidence is there? Evo said his "company was given 100 tickets". What proof can he show that what he says it's true? He also can't show anything saying that ten other companies were also given 100 tickets to every game. The **nny thing is that he even states that the reason his company was given those "100 tickets" had to do with the fact that the company is a sponsor of the Wolf Pack. So, those tickets really weren't "free" and even if they were, there's no proof the Wolf Pack counted all of those tickets, used or not. So, you have no proof of anything. All you have is speculation. It's like when everyone said that Dundon wanted to move the Hurricanes back Hartford just because he wanted to sell Whalers merchandise in the team store. You guys like to use hypotheticals but you never have any actual proof. Like how the Hurricanes can't move because Karmanos added a stipulation to the sale of the Hurricanes keeping the team in Raleigh for another seven years. Dundon doesn't even have majority ownership of the team just for that reason.

Of course I have proof. You know everything  I say here I can back up 100% 

(In this issue:

LI.MITED TICKETS TO WOLF PACK GAME ON 3/31

XXXXXX is a proud sponsor of the 2017-2018 Hartford Wolf Pack. As part of our sponsorship, we have 100 tickets to the game at the XL Center on Sa****ay, March 31 (Easter / P*****over weekend) at the XL Center against the Bridgeport Sound Tigers at 7:00 p.m. These tickets always go quickly! If you are interested in attending, please e-mail xxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxx.com to request your hockey tickets. Two tickets per employee, while supply lasts.)