Sign in to follow this  
Whalerwatch

Yardgoat's continue to succeed

The Yard Goats, by the way, were one of two double A franchises to draw over 400,000 fans for the season (Frisco, TX was the other).  

They also outdrew 13 Triple A teams, including the Pawtucket Red Sox.  So...the bottom line is the Yard Goats had the highest attendance of any minor league baseball team in New England.  

Remember when we used to support the Blues because they honored our Whalers and then forgot about them as soon as the Goats started doing the same thing?  

On 9/6/2018 at 7:06 AM, MarkH2919 said:

Not sure I understand the "used to support the Blues" part.  

Have you been to a Blues game since they stopped having Whalers Nights after 2016? 

No, but with games 15 minutes from my home in Hartford, or 30 minutes from my home in New Britain, why would I travel an hour to go to Bristol?

2 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

No, but with games 15 minutes from my home in Hartford, or 30 minutes from my home in New Britain, why would I travel an hour to go to Bristol?

The same reason why most of us went in 2015 and 2016...

On 9/4/2018 at 8:31 PM, CTWhalers said:

Remember when we used to support the Blues because they honored our Whalers and then forgot about them as soon as the Goats started doing the same thing?  

Kinda.....

The Blues fired their GM and he was the guy that helped us arrange all those Whaler Day Games. The Goats just picked up on a winning promotion. 

The owner of the Blues is kind of a douche anyway.  

The Yard Goats also made it a 2 day thing, with more alumni and a luncheon to benefit the CCMC.

Granted that I'm comparing apples to oranges, especially moneywise, but you get the idea.

Evo, you have to go to the luncheon next year.  A terrific time.  Get to take BP, hang out in the Goats dugout, then go up to the YG club for an autograph session, etc.  After that was done, the Goats didn't kick anyone out, and a bunch of us were hanging out with Rick Ley, Norm Barnes, Bobby Crawford and others.  Fun, fun day.

• Like 1