Sign in to follow this  
TrueHartfordHockeyFan

New on -campus approved for UConn

"The Huskies will continue to play a majority of their games at the XL Center, according to a team spokesperson, but the new arena will allow for roughly six to seven games to be played on campus. The new arena will also help UConn avoid scheduling conflicts with other bookings at the XL Center."

http://www.courant.com/sports/hockey/hc-sp-uconn-approves-plans-for-new-hockey-arena-20180926-story.html

I thought you all said that I was lying and that UConn would never build a new arena in Storrs. Well, you were wrong yet again. I guess you should go talk to your "sources" and see why they were lying to you about what was really going on.

• Like 1

Yes, but Hockey East doesn't say how many games they have to play on campus.

UConn can play their HE games in Hartford (which, by the way, is what Malloy said from day one) and their non-conference games (such as ones against the Sacred Hearts and Browns of the world) in Storrs.

1 hour ago, MarkH2919 said:

Yes, but Hockey East doesn't say how many games they have to play on campus.

UConn can play their HE games in Hartford (which, by the way, is what Malloy said from day one) and their non-conference games (such as ones against the Sacred Hearts and Browns of the world) in Storrs.

That's funny because you are the one that said this would never happen. You said if they were going to play on-campus then it would only be a game or two. They specifically say this is for 6 to 7 games, and maybe even more. That also means that there's no "30 game" contract because they wouldn't be able to play that many games in Hartford if they are playing half of their games ON-CAMPUS. That also means no money going into the XL Center to make it "NHL ready". Also, 6 to 7 games on-campus would mean that a few Hockey East games will be played in Storrs. So, it looks like you don't know what you are talking about yet again.

3 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

which, by the way, is what Malloy said from day one

Anything Malloy says should be taken with a grain of salt. The man in unpopular for a reason.

1 hour ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

That also means no money going into the XL Center to make it "NHL ready".

I don't think anyone seriously thought the state would invest that kind of money to begin with. 

Oh Fraudie....

First of all, do we know how much this new arena is going to cost?  Second, who's going to pay for it?  Third, they say 6-7 games now, but that's obviously up for change.  Considering their season ticket base is around 3000 (or roughly 5-6 times what the WolfPack have), to build a 2500 seat arena on campus doesn't make a bunch of sense. Fourth, what if the hockey program takes off between now and then and the 2500 seat arena is deemed too small?  Then what?  

"That also means that there's no "30 game" contract because they wouldn't be able to play that many games in Hartford if they are playing half of their games ON-CAMPUS."

30 games, you numbskull, is the COMBINED total between the hockey team, and the two basketball teams.  More hockey games on campus means more basketball games in Hartford, unless the contract gets redone, which of course, is a distinct possibility.

As for "no money going into the XL Center" part...you (as usual) are missing a very key piece of the puzzle.  The building can't be renovated to be "NHL ready" unless the entirety of the building is owned by a single party.  At the moment, as I'm sure you know, that isn't the case, and from what I heard this week, Larry G isn't planning on selling the atrium for a nickel less than "his price", whatever that is.

So, once again, you talk out of your a$$.  Nothing new here.  As for this new arena, I'll believe it when I see it.

6 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

Oh Fraudie....

First of all, do we know how much this new arena is going to cost?  Second, who's going to pay for it?  Third, they say 6-7 games now, but that's obviously up for change.  Considering their season ticket base is around 3000 (or roughly 5-6 times what the WolfPack have), to build a 2500 seat arena on campus doesn't make a bunch of sense. Fourth, what if the hockey program takes off between now and then and the 2500 seat arena is deemed too small?  Then what?  

"That also means that there's no "30 game" contract because they wouldn't be able to play that many games in Hartford if they are playing half of their games ON-CAMPUS."

30 games, you numbskull, is the COMBINED total between the hockey team, and the two basketball teams.  More hockey games on campus means more basketball games in Hartford, unless the contract gets redone, which of course, is a distinct possibility.

As for "no money going into the XL Center" part...you (as usual) are missing a very key piece of the puzzle.  The building can't be renovated to be "NHL ready" unless the entirety of the building is owned by a single party.  At the moment, as I'm sure you know, that isn't the case, and from what I heard this week, Larry G isn't planning on selling the atrium for a nickel less than "his price", whatever that is.

So, once again, you talk out of your a$$.  Nothing new here.  As for this new arena, I'll believe it when I see it.

Wow, you just can't handle the truth that everyone has lied to you about what's going on. Or, honestly, you really just have no clue what's going on and can see what is actually happening. Yes, 30 games is combined but that was the catalyst for the XL Center to be a "campus arena". Now with this news that's never going to happen. The XL Center is now destined to be what it was built for in the first place, a college/AHL/entertainment venue. It's never going to be "NHL ready" no matter if Larry G sells the atrium or not. Just get used to the fact that Hartford and Connecticut is home to College/Minor League sports, and nothing more.

What I do find interesting is that they were originally planning on building a 4000 seat arena, but decided to reduce that to 2500. Seems to me they think their numbers are going to keep dropping like they have since they first joined Hockey East. If really they do have 3000 season ticket holders as you say, but you've never been right so why should now be any different, then why only have 2500 seats in their new arena? I doubt they would willing want to make 500 people mad. I guess that might mean that they don't have 3000 season ticket holders and don't think their falling average attendance of only 4000 in Hartford is worth providing space for in the future.

"Wow, you just can't handle the truth that everyone has lied to you about what's going on."

LMAO.  I can't handle the truth?  That's f unny.  

UConn has a contract as of right now to play a combined 30 events between hockey and basketball in Hartford.  If you look at the schedules for this year...we will see that...

The men's basketball team will play 9 games in Hartford.

The women's basketball team will play 7 games in Hartford.

The men's hockey team will play 15 games in Hartford.

Now, the last time I checked, 9+7+15 = 31.  A new hockey arena in Storrs is...realistically speaking...3-4 years away.  And, by the time the new arena is ready, it's entirely possible that a 2500 seat venue will be too small for the fanbase, especially if the hockey team takes off.  Yes, the contract will likely be tweaked before the new arena is ready, but they will still play more games in Hartford than in Storrs, for the same reason why the basketball teams play more games in Hartford than in Storrs.  Bigger building = more tickets to sell = more money to make.  It's not rocket science for most people with a brain in their head.  Too bad you don't qualify.

As for the XL Center itself, Larry G isn't selling the atrium for the bargain basement price the state wants to pay.  That, of course, is well within his rights.  If he decides to sell (or if there is some kind of behind closed doors deal that convinces him to sell) then everything changes again.

You convince me more with every idiotic post of yours that you aren't a Whalers fan and never were.  What you are is the biggest fraud loser on the internet.  So congrats on that.  

“The arena, which will seat 2,500, will serve as the Huskies’ home venue for a handful of games while they continue to use the XL Center in Hartford for a majority of the season.”

This quote taken from the article posted above by MarkH2919 should clear up any confusion.

9 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

Yes, the contract will likely be tweaked before the new arena is ready, but they will still play more games in Hartford than in Storrs, for the same reason why the basketball teams play more games in Hartford than in Storrs.  

Well this just proves you don't have any clue what you're talking about. UConn Basketball doesn't play more game in Hartford than in Storrs. They play either the same amount or more games on-campus, and have for the longest time. Actually, since the Hockey team started playing at the XL Center they've reduce the amount of games they play there. They used to play about 2/3's of their games in Hartford, and now it's about half. The women's team even got to a point where they were playing 2/3's of their game on campus, and that would be the case this year but they're playing 4 games at neutral sites, including a game at Mohegan Sun. So, I think you need to start referring to yourself as the biggest fraud because you have no clue at all.

Fraudie cares.  

Fraudie, let me ask you something...Does UConn make more money playing games in Hartford, or in Storrs?

Oh look everyone, Fraudie is wrong.  AGAIN.

http://www.courant.com/sports/college/hc-sp-uconn-hockey-mike-cavanaugh-column-20181001-story.html

College hockey played on campus is something special, but moving all games out of Hartford was never explored or discussed. The product works downtown in UConn’s eyes, despite the costs to open the XL Center doors that must be considered.

Thanks again for playing, you fraud.  

In other words, HE is willing to bend the rules so UConn can play midweek/non-conference games at Storrs while high profile HE games will be played at the XLC.

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:39 AM, MarkH2919 said:

Fraudie cares.  

Fraudie, let me ask you something...Does UConn make more money playing games in Hartford, or in Storrs?

15 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

Oh look everyone, Fraudie is wrong.  AGAIN.

http://www.courant.com/sports/college/hc-sp-uconn-hockey-mike-cavanaugh-column-20181001-story.html

College hockey played on campus is something special, but moving all games out of Hartford was never explored or discussed. The product works downtown in UConn’s eyes, despite the costs to open the XL Center doors that must be considered.

Thanks again for playing, you fraud.  

It looks like you answered your own question. It seems like it costs them more money to play games in Hartford than what they make from those games. I never said all games would be played on-campus but it sounds like the majority of them will be. Also, it seems to me that UConn doesn't have 3,000 STH if they're going to only have a building that holds 2,500. Why would they purposely screw 500 guaranteed attendees that they've already sold tickets to? It's funny that you didn't even realize that in trying to show me up, all you was make yourself look like a huge fraud. "Thanks for playing."

" I never said all games would be played on-campus but it sounds like the majority of them will be."

Heh.

You lie like a rug.  You were talking for months about how all the games would get moved back to campus and would the UConn season ticket holders in Hartford go to Storrs...

As for the "majority of them will be"...are you suddenly UConn's schedule maker?  No?  Then STFU.  You, as always, have no idea what's going on.  

Fraud.

1 hour ago, MarkH2919 said:

You, as always, have no idea what's going on.  

This is funny coming form the person that hasn't been right about anything ever. You have no credible sources and the one you claim are credible haven't been right about anything. You keep saying that the Whale had better attendance that the Pack, but we all know that's a lie because Howard Jr told us, said that the Whale brand was staying, and the team would never be called the Wolf Pack again. If anyone one here should be nicknamed a fraud it should be who. Especially since you didn't care about Hartford Hockey, the Wolf Pack, or even UConn until there was a chance that they could help bring the Whalers back. You weren't even in the Booster Club and never marched in any parades until recently. You don't really care and are just trying to feed your ego. I have proof and link to articles about what is really going on, you have nothing and are the true fraud.

" Especially since you didn't care about Hartford Hockey, the Wolf Pack, or even UConn until there was a chance that they could help bring the Whalers back"

Yeah that's a laugh.  Went to WolfPack games regularly...from 1997-2003, went to all of the Conference Finals and Calder Cup Finals games in 2000...Went to the "celebration" for winning the Calder Cup (which would have been the night of game 7).  I was told by people that work for the WolfPack that the name wasn't changing back.  You'd think they would know, right?  I mean what the he!!, they only WORK FOR THE DAMN TEAM...

As for the booster club, I joined in 2011...if you don't believe me, ask the membership director, he's a good guy, I'm sure he'll tell you if you ask.  As for the parades, it's a club function...it's not my favorite thing to do, to be quite honest, but I **** it up and do it...if you are a "true fan of Hartford hockey", why haven't I seen you there????  You don't march with the club, I know that...anyone can you know, you don't have to be a member, all you have to do is wear Whalers green.  

Thanks again for proving you're nothing more than a fraud and a liar.  Tell me again, how many games will UConn play in Storrs, Mr I know UConn's schedule 4 years in advance?

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:52 AM, MarkH2919 said:

" Especially since you didn't care about Hartford Hockey, the Wolf Pack, or even UConn until there was a chance that they could help bring the Whalers back"

Yeah that's a laugh.  Went to WolfPack games regularly...from 1997-2003, went to all of the Conference Finals and Calder Cup Finals games in 2000...Went to the "celebration" for winning the Calder Cup (which would have been the night of game 7).  I was told by people that work for the WolfPack that the name wasn't changing back.  You'd think they would know, right?  I mean what the he!!, they only WORK FOR THE DAMN TEAM...

As for the booster club, I joined in 2011...if you don't believe me, ask the membership director, he's a good guy, I'm sure he'll tell you if you ask.  As for the parades, it's a club function...it's not my favorite thing to do, to be quite honest, but I **** it up and do it...if you are a "true fan of Hartford hockey", why haven't I seen you there????  You don't march with the club, I know that...anyone can you know, you don't have to be a member, all you have to do is wear Whalers green.  

Thanks again for proving you're nothing more than a fraud and a liar.  Tell me again, how many games will UConn play in Storrs, Mr I know UConn's schedule 4 years in advance?

The "membership director"? So you're talking about yourself in the third person now? I wouldn't expect anything truthful to come from the club since the Victor's left and Marty passed away. They would probably be embarrassed with what the club has become. Actively boycotting Hartford sports, attacking fans of Hartford teams, and signing up unborn children just to increase your numbers. That's all something to be proud of yourself for doing. I was wondering something though, do you still count the "honorary members" as well? I bet they help keep your numbers up as well, even though they don't have anything to do with the club. 

Ah...so we're back to the "signing up unborn children" lies again.  Perfect.

Thanks for playing, Biggie.  We kind of suspected it was you all the time.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:55 AM, MarkH2919 said:

Ah...so we're back to the "signing up unborn children" lies again.  Perfect.

Thanks for playing, Biggie.  We kind of suspected it was you all the time.

Back to this obsession with Biggie. You must really have a thing for him if he's all you can think of when you've been caught lying and looking like a fool. I was there when Jeremiah signed up his kids, including the one that wasn't born yet. I was also there when you gave an honorary membership to Howard Baldwin. Do you add him into your count as well? What about the Victors? I know they didn't renew their membership but I also know that you still count them as active members. I bet you still count Marty as a member and he's been dead for two years. That's why the club has become a joke. You and the people running it have destroyed what it was. It used to be a beacon of hope for the return of our Whalers and it's just a bunch of bitter jerks who just want to make other people's lives miserable because they can't get what they "deserve". I used to be proud to say I was a member of the Whalers Booster Club, but now I'm ashamed of what it has become.

21 hours ago, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

I used to be proud to say I was a member of the Whalers Booster Club, but now I'm ashamed of what it has become.

Hold up...the HWBC is still a thing? I was so sure they were going to disband after the Whalers left Hartford. What exactly do they "boost" these days???

" I was there when Jeremiah signed up his kids, including the one that wasn't born yet. I was also there when you gave an honorary membership to Howard Baldwin"

Jeremiah never signed up unborn children on my watch, and we never gave an honorary membership to any of the Baldwins.  More made up BS.

"What about the Victors? I know they didn't renew their membership"

You don't know anything, Fraud.  They have renewed every year since they moved, I've seen their checks every year.  And nobody gets a membership card, or a letter, or anything else without me knowing they have paid.  Again, you are so totally clueless.  

"I bet you still count Marty as a member and he's been dead for two years."

Marty is an honorary member posthumously.  Edrie Buck is as well, per vote from the entire board, not just me.  You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.  

" It used to be a beacon of hope for the return of our Whalers"

It still is, but let's make one thing very clear right now, you lying fraud...you were never a Whalers fan, you will never be a Whalers fan, and you will never be a member of the booster club as long as I have anything to say about it.  Thanks again for playing, you pathetic excuse for a human.  Go F yourself.

Edited by MarkH2919