Sign in to follow this  
Whalevolution

Lowest attended hockey game in Hartford History

Went to the game with my Brother since i am on a mini Flyers/Phantoms road trip and this game was dead. I know the red sox were in the world series but still the game doesn't have the same energy as uconn hockey weekday games. Sure maybe if there is no sox game another 500 to 1,000 people show up. But even so I prefer Uconn hockey overall to the experience of the pack in 2018. Also face value tickets for any seat not behind the goal is around $30 after fees. If i had a family and wasn't single i would much rather take my family and or friends to a uconn hockey game at around $5 cheaper per ticket to a game that actually means something.

https://twitter.com/concertvids34/status/1055237897601867776 ttps://twitter.c https://twitter.com/concertvids34/status/1055237897601867776 om/concertvids34/status/1055237897601867776

wolfpack.PNG

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:23 AM, Monizzle145 said:

Went to the game with my Brother since i am on a mini Flyers/Phantoms road trip and this game was dead. I know the red sox were in the world series but still the game doesn't have the same energy as uconn hockey weekday games. Sure maybe if there is no sox game another 500 to 1,000 people show up. But even so I prefer Uconn hockey overall to the experience of the pack in 2018. Also face value tickets for any seat not behind the goal is around $30 after fees. If i had a family and wasn't single i would much rather take my family and or friends to a uconn hockey game at around $5 cheaper per ticket to a game that actually means something.

https://twitter.com/concertvids34/status/1055237897601867776 ttps://twitter.c https://twitter.com/concertvids34/status/1055237897601867776 om/concertvids34/status/1055237897601867776

wolfpack.PNG

image.thumb.png.d6716f0a640393335753d2db997585bb.png

Of course it makes sense to use a picture from 30 minutes before game time to support your argument.  

Never change, Fraudie.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2018 at 3:56 PM, TrueHartfordHockeyFan said:

image.thumb.png.d6716f0a640393335753d2db997585bb.png

Seeing that i took this photo i can say that minutes after this photo people rolled in late. This was taken before puck drop. Also the twitter user who said they need to build an on campus arena is an idiot. It costs 45 million for a 2,000 seat arena yet students hardly attend basketball games at gampel. If they don't care about basketball why would 45mill be worth it to isolate the public that shows up and have games in front of 13 students?

It really is amazing how this state continues to do everything half-a$$ed.

Monizzle is right.  How on earth can anybody with a brain in their head think that UConn will play more than just a few games on campus if/when they get the Frietas "upgrades" done?  They'll play 3-4 games on campus to alleviate the schedule crunch in Hartford, but no more.  By the way, there's a good way to fix the schedule crunch in Hartford once and for all, but that's a different discussion entirely...

On 11/1/2018 at 7:13 PM, Mr. Brass Bonanza said:

It's embarrassing to have the name "Hartford" associated with this pathetic AHL team. 

It's embarrassing how bitter and salty you are over some minor league team. 

Edited by CTWhalers

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:06 AM, MarkH2919 said:

How on earth can anybody with a brain in their head think that UConn will play more than just a few games on campus if/when they get the Frietas "upgrades" done?  They'll play 3-4 games on campus to alleviate the schedule crunch in Hartford, but no more. 

I know it's going to be that way because UConn has already said that they have to play at least 6 to 7 games in the new arena on campus. That's half the season. It has nothing to do with the "schedule crunch" and everything to do with the fact that Hockey East requires schools to have ricks on campus, and the XL Center isn't on a UConn campus. If it was then they wouldn't have to build an arena in the first place. Also, with the reduced sales that UConn has been dealing with, I bet they'd be happy to play on campus instead of renting out the XL Center for 14 games every year.

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:14 PM, Monizzle145 said:

Seeing that i took this photo i can say that minutes after this photo people rolled in late. This was taken before puck drop. Also the twitter user who said they need to build an on campus arena is an idiot. It costs 45 million for a 2,000 seat arena yet students hardly attend basketball games at gampel. If they don't care about basketball why would 45mill be worth it to isolate the public that shows up and have games in front of 13 students?

I don't see that much of a difference between your picture and this one. So, where are all of the "people that rolled in late"? A 2500 seat arena that can be expanded in the future is a great idea for UConn. Especially since they have to build the arena or they'll be kicked out of Hockey East. If they could keep playing at the XL Center forever then we wouldn't even be discussing anything about an arena on campus, but like I said before they have to build one, and soon.

image.thumb.png.5cf685bf7a160175855673d4b9dbec39.png

"I know it's going to be that way because UConn has already said that they have to play at least 6 to 7 games in the new arena on campus"

They have never said that, and you know it.  Another Fraudie lie.

" Especially since they have to build the arena or they'll be kicked out of Hockey East. "

Nobody said they were getting kicked out of Hockey East.  Yet another Fraudie lie.

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:52 AM, MarkH2919 said:

"I know it's going to be that way because UConn has already said that they have to play at least 6 to 7 games in the new arena on campus"

They have never said that, and you know it.  Another Fraudie lie.

"Once the new arena is completed, the team will play 6-7 games per year in Storrs." - https://www.courant.com/sports/hockey/hc-sp-uconn-approves-plans-for-new-hockey-arena-20180926-story.html

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:53 AM, MarkH2919 said:

" Especially since they have to build the arena or they'll be kicked out of Hockey East. "

Nobody said they were getting kicked out of Hockey East.  Yet another Fraudie lie.

"Hockey East conference requires an on-campus arena" - https://www.courant.com/sports/hockey/hc-sp-uconn-board-of-trustees-committees-discuss-financial-plan-for-ice-hockey-arena-20181029-story.html

You were saying? I love being called a fraud when I have actual sources to back up what I post. What do you have? That's right, absolutely nothing.

I love it.

"roughly 6 to 7 games"

that doesn't mean they'll definitely play that many.

Nobody, not even UConn, knows exactly how many games they're going to play on campus.  The arena is still 2 3/4 seasons away.  A lot can change in that time frame.

Oh, and there is nothing in the second article that says anything about getting kicked out of the conference.  It's a requirement that they have an arena on-campus, yes.  But, there is no real threat to get kicked out of the league.  If there was, the arena would have been done long before now.

Still a fraud?  Check.

Still a liar?  Check.

If you don't like what we post, leave.  Makes no difference to me either way.

Now then...before Fraudie gets his panties in a bunch again, I'll say it before he has a chance.  There is absolutely, positively no chance there was 3220 at the UConn/Brown game on Tuesday night.  2500 tops.

7 hours ago, MarkH2919 said:

If you don't like what we post, leave.  Makes no difference to me either way.

Now then...before Fraudie gets his panties in a bunch again, I'll say it before he has a chance.  There is absolutely, positively no chance there was 3220 at the UConn/Brown game on Tuesday night.  2500 tops.

Interesting article today in the Courant that discusses difference between "Tickets Distributed" and "Tickets Scanned", and about the on-campus arena.

https://www.courant.com/sports/hockey/hc-sp-uconn-hockey-attendance-turnstile-20181106-story.html

"UConn officials say they plan to play lower-profile games at a newly-built arena — the type of contests that tend to draw fewer than 3,000 fans, not the type that sometimes draw more than 6,000. Most games, including the biggest match-ups, will continue to take place at the XL Center"

Untitled.png

I also said it didn't make a difference to me either way.  You really should read the entire post instead of just one line of it.

Edited by MarkH2919

Now then.

It's no secret that the number of tickets distributed (notice they don't say "sold) and the number of scanned tickets is different.  It's that way for every team, in every sport, regardless of owner, regardless of who is the promoter of the product.

In other words...what we've been trying to tell the Packrats for years is true.  Thanks again for playing.

https://www.courant.com/sports/college/hc-sp-uconn-hockey-arena-column-20181114-story.html

Using this season as an example, Tuesday’s game against Brown would have been on campus. RPI on a Wednesday? Campus. Sacred Heart on a Tuesday? Campus. Throw in another campus game or two — say, Maine on an October Friday night, for which announced attendance was 3,991 but actual attendance was 2,534 — and you have most of a Storrs schedule set.

When the basketball teams sell out on-campus games, does that mean UConn screwed up by not building Gampel Pavilion to 15,000?

Hockey East previously required its members to have on-campus facilities of no fewer than 4,000 seats, but relaxed those standards at UConn’s request. The Huskies weren’t going to be shown the door by the conference no matter what. 

22 hours ago, TheDirtyH said:

Interesting article today in the Courant that discusses difference between "Tickets Distributed" and "Tickets Scanned", and about the on-campus arena.

https://www.courant.com/sports/hockey/hc-sp-uconn-hockey-attendance-turnstile-20181106-story.html

"UConn officials say they plan to play lower-profile games at a newly-built arena — the type of contests that tend to draw fewer than 3,000 fans, not the type that sometimes draw more than 6,000. Most games, including the biggest match-ups, will continue to take place at the XL Center"

Untitled.png

So, it looks like when UConn announces that over 3000 people show up to games in reality it's closer to 1700. 

Screenshot_20181115-134522.png