Sign in to follow this  
VinceCT

WhalerTalk, My Assessment

Actually, if you go back and read the thread, you'll see you are wrong. Again.

Evo went through the list of trades. I said "Ferraro for Crossman was a bad trade, he has you there Vince", and you said "no he doesn't", which implies you disagree with my point that it was a bad trade.

Yet you insist on the insults and everything else. Oh, and stop with the "I know more about hockey than you" crap. Because, like so many other things you post on here, it's childish and incorrect.

I can't believe I am continuing this thread, sorry people. Vince, to say Ferraro is "insignificant" is a bit much, he is in the top 100 all time in NHL scoring. Now, was he a great player, no way, I wouldn't even say he was a very good player, but give him a little credit. And if we had kept him would it have mattered at all, not really, he is only one player and we still would have ****ed and eventually left town, you are right on that, but I don't think anyone is saying different. All that is being said is that we made a ton of bad trades, including that one, which certainly didn't help to energize an already "shaky" fan base (and I'm on record here as not being as sure as some about a return of the NHL working long term, although I surely would love the chance to prove it).

Bottom line, hindsight is 20/20, but none of us on here were being paid to run the Hartford Whalers and those that were back in the day didn't do a good job. The Ferraro trade was a bad one (he played 10 more seasons racking up 500 points, Crossman half a year in Hartford and the equivlent of two more years in the league total, not even close to equal value) along with all the others that were listed, and if the trades (and drafting and coaching and free agent signings) had been better we wouldn't have had 15 losing seasons out of 18.

>>>Actually, if you go back and read the thread, you'll see you are wrong. Again<<<

Wrong again *****crack! Just because trading Ferraro did not end up being "good" it did not mean the trade was "bad". This was a "meh" trade. Someone who was doing nothing was traded. Anything he did afterward was something he could have done when he was here. With the exception of the 93 playoffs he was insignificant. Now sshut up!

>>>Ferraro was a popular player and most of the popular players were traded over a period of a year or so. That's what sunk the fan support. No one is claiming Ray was a hall of fame guy.<<<

A testament to the hockey intelligence of the average Whaler fan. "So Ray Ferraro, you choked versus Boston and you are currently stinking it up. That's OK. We like you." Your statement proves my point about accountability and laziness. As long as you were "popular" there was no accountability. And if you were traded the fans were too lazy to learn new players.

You mean the player that was only here for 2 1/2 months?

Vince, you have lost this one about 100 times over already. The trade was not a good trade, you have said as much. Also, as has been stated over and over again, to trade the guy that you claimed made the trad a "meh trade" was traded for someone that was AW**L in a Whalers uniform. A-W-F-U-L. But yet, even after all that, the trade, in the eyes of a moron (you), was a "meh" trade.

You're a moron. Plain and simple.

END of discussion.

I have not "lost" anything. You re**se to acknowledge the fact that when Ferraro was traded he was doing nothing. Instead of getting on Ed Johnston for trading him why not get on Ferraro for being lousy? In 1993 when SuperTwerp was scoring like crazy for the Islanders in the playoffs were your cursing Johnston like most of the fans and media here or were you wondering why he did not do anything similar here? We did not get much in return because we were not trading much in the first place.

You eat more crap than the middle section of the human centipede.

End of discussion.

Actually Vince, I have said that he had a bad 2nd half of the 1989/90 season and a bad playoff series. But you will never seem to get that you can't just look at 40 games, you have to look at the whole body of work. Of course, that would make you look stupid, so you only look at the stuff that supports your argument.

And, please, please, PLEASE, for the love of God, do NOT use the word "we" when referring to the Whalers. The last thing I would ever call you is a Whalers fan. Actually wait, scratch that. The last thing I'd call you is smart, the next-to-last thing I'd call you is a Whalers fan.

Vince....I wasn't claiming that because he was popular, he shouldn't have been traded nor agreeing with that position. Just stating facts. Oh and btw, could u possibly be a bigger douchebag? I'm curious....did you get picked on in the 4th grade? Bitter much? Ever been respect**l of anyone? You're a ******* idiot and everyone on here hates you.

>>>The last thing I would ever call you is a Whalers fan. Actually wait, scratch that. The last thing I'd call you is smart, the next-to-last thing I'd call you is a Whalers fan.<<<

You're so **nny I can take a nap.

>>>Vince....I wasn't claiming that because he was popular, he **** have been traded nor agreeing with that position. Just stating facts.<<<

I never said you did. I was just pointing out the fact that for all the blather about losing it seemed that "popularity" mattered more to too many fans and sportswriters than results.

At least some people are doing stuff to bring awareness to their cause and not sitting at home, crying and hugging their Terry Virtue poster and wishing the Whale would rebrand back to the Wolf Pack.

WhalerTees he is not a fan of anything or anyone.

Vince you got to admit there is something wrong with your daily routine if peoples first impression of you are that you are a bitter Wolf Pack fan terrorizing the rebrand. What ever will they put on your Tombstone someday? :o

WhalersTees wrote :

> At least some people are doing stuff to bring awareness to their cause and

> not sitting at home, crying and hugging their Terry Virtue poster and

> wishing the Whale would rebrand back to the Wolf Pack.

Hey look everyone, another bitter, miserable Whalers fan.

Whalevolution wrote :

> WhalerTees he is not a fan of anything or anyone.

>

> Vince you got to admit there is something wrong with your daily routine if

> peoples first impression of you are that you are a bitter Wolf Pack fan

> terrorizing the rebrand. What ever will they put on your Tombstone

> someday? :o

Pepporoni, Sausage and Onions. lololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

Bring Back the Pack wrote :

> WhalersTees wrote :

> > At least some people are doing stuff to bring awareness to their cause and

> > not sitting at home, crying and hugging their Terry Virtue poster and

> > wishing the Whale would rebrand back to the Wolf Pack.

>

>

> Hey look everyone, another bitter, miserable Whalers fan.

It's quite hysterical how the tables have turned in regards to Hartford hockey. For years, Wolf Pack fans told Whalers fans to "give it up" and "get over it" in regards to the Whale. Now, as the team is rebranded, the Wolf Pack faith**l are pulling the same exact stunt - something they looked down upon in years past and said they'd never do - that the Whalers fans did; living in the past. Wolf Pack fans always had a "holier than thou" attitude towards Whalers fans, but now, Wolf Pack fans are essentially pre-2010 Hartford Whalers fans. Completely living in the past.

WhalersTees wrote :

> Bring Back the Pack wrote :

> > WhalersTees wrote :

> > > At least some people are doing stuff to bring awareness to their cause and

> > > not sitting at home, crying and hugging their Terry Virtue poster and

> > > wishing the Whale would rebrand back to the Wolf Pack.

> >

> >

> > Hey look everyone, another bitter, miserable Whalers fan.

>

> It's quite hysterical how the tables have turned in regards to Hartford hockey. For

> years, Wolf Pack fans told Whalers fans to "give it up" and "get over

> it" in regards to the Whale. Now, as the team is rebranded, the Wolf Pack

> faith**l are pulling the same exact stunt - something they looked down upon in years

> past and said they'd never do - that the Whalers fans did; living in the past. Wolf

> Pack fans always had a "holier than thou" attitude towards Whalers fans,

> but now, Wolf Pack fans are essentially pre-2010 Hartford Whalers fans. Completely

> living in the past.

Wait, what? So you're admitting that you're a Bitter, Miserable Whalers fan? Great, moving along..........DO NOT go *****uming my name has ANYTHING to do with living in the past. I needed a name and this is what I came up with on sshort notice; if you don't like it, I DON'T CARE!

Bring Back the Pack wrote :

> WhalersTees wrote :

> > Bring Back the Pack wrote :

> > > WhalersTees wrote :

> > > > At least some people are doing stuff to bring awareness to their cause

> and

> > > > not sitting at home, crying and hugging their Terry Virtue poster and

> > > > wishing the Whale would rebrand back to the Wolf Pack.

> > >

> > >

> > > Hey look everyone, another bitter, miserable Whalers fan.

> >

> > It's quite hysterical how the tables have turned in regards to Hartford hockey.

> For

> > years, Wolf Pack fans told Whalers fans to "give it up" and "get

> over

> > it" in regards to the Whale. Now, as the team is rebranded, the Wolf Pack

> > faith**l are pulling the same exact stunt - something they looked down upon in

> years

> > past and said they'd never do - that the Whalers fans did; living in the past.

> Wolf

> > Pack fans always had a "holier than thou" attitude towards Whalers

> fans,

> > but now, Wolf Pack fans are essentially pre-2010 Hartford Whalers fans.

> Completely

> > living in the past.

>

> Wait, what? So you're admitting that you're a Bitter, Miserable Whalers fan? Great,

> moving along..........DO NOT go *****uming my name has ANYTHING to do with living in

> the past. I needed a name and this is what I came up with on sshort notice; if you

> don't like it, I DON'T CARE!

I attributed a past attitude that Wolf Pack fans deemed Whalers fans. Work on your comprehensive reading skills, please.

And yes, I'm 100% positive and sure your name has nothing to do with anything. If you don't like that *****essment, I DON'T CARE! :roll:

MarkH2919 wrote :

> As for the BC thing, regardless of if it's true, there is a huge difference

> between the two situations. I am sure you remember UConn (and other Big

> East schools) sued BC. BC didn't exactly leave the Big East on glowing

> terms, and while some of the schools have gotten over it, UConn clearly

> hasn't, and to be honest, neither has BC. Now, if BC is smart (and they

> aren't, their AD, Gene DiFilippo is a complete idiot for leaving in the

> first place), they sshould jump at the chance for UConn to join the league,

> it would give them a natural rival, something they haven't had since they

> jumped to the ACC, and second, it might be good for them to get some

> interest going in Boston...if you look at their attendance numbers over the

> last few years, it's declined every year. And, like the Jacobs thing, BC

> is one school, the league has 12 teams...and I'm betting that folks like

> Roy Williams and Coach K have a little more say on how things go in the ACC

> than BC does.

BC DID prevent the ACC from extending an invite to Uconn. Original plans were for the ACC to invite Uconn and Syracuse, an idea thought up by ESPN to give the ACC (and their new tv partner ) a monopoly over the NYC market. BC along with voting against a Uconn invite, "strongly pushed" 2 other schools (Maryland has been brought up as one of them) to do the same. It was also BC's idea to invite Pitt instead. Our buddy Gene DiFilippo has been very proud of this move and has admitted to it through several media outlets.

Good to know, UC. Thanks.

There are not words to describe my pure hatred for BC. I might hate them more than the Yankees and Bruins.

MarkH2919 wrote :

> Good to know, UC. Thanks.

>

> There are not words to describe my pure hatred for BC. I might hate them

> more than the Yankees and Bruins.

haha. On my "most hated " list, I have BC somewhere between ESPN and the state of North Carolina. However their Fans earned a #2 right behind Yanks fans. :lol:

Whaler Talk finished its last two shows to cap off its fifth season

We filmed over 30 episodes and have had great Hartford guests

Howard Baldwin (2)

Howard Baldwin jr (2)

Dennis House

David Panagore Mayor COO

Paul Doyle (2)

Jack Lardis and Peter Goode (creators of Whaler logo)

Herm Sorcher Danbury Whalers

Bob Crawford Hartford hockey announcer 16 years

Global Spectrum

And others

We will continue to post all videos on You Tube

Just search: The HWBC

Look at the fool that started this thread the king of inaction and endless pessimist thoughts. See guys like vince and the rest of the clowns that lack marbles also lack fortitude. I without question commend your tenacious efforts to the cause. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Ever faith**l member of 1 Team 1 Dream. 4WHA-Teams-Back-In-The-NHL