Sign in to follow this  
4WHA-Back-in-NHL

Let’s start over by burying the hatchet

Recommended Posts

Blubber wrote :

> 4WHA it's about 15 years too late to bury anything, it's not N.Y. fault the

> Whalers left and quite frankly I don't care this rehashing of what happend,

> who dosen't care the New building, Baldwin is all BS.

> Either you go or don't.in the end when Hockey totaly leaves and there is

> nothing but a few more tumbleweeds rolling down main street then everyone

> will be happy.

>

> And none of you still have figured out WP98 is just amping you all up, he

> still goes to games but since most of you are not the brightest bulbs in

> the pack and can't see through his BS. I'm glad I don't sit next to you I

> can only imagine the witty banter you would bring.

 

 

Agreed blubber.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“I don't need you to back me up. I don't want anyone that turns his back on a team he supported for years, just because they changed their name. You are one of the problems. You say you love the Wolf Pack, but you are boycotting the Wolf Pack. The sooner you realize that the better. The Wolf Pack is the Whale, the Whale is Wolf Pack, and they are both a part of Hartford Hockey.”

 

 

This is the kind of attitude we ALL need totally rally around! I DON’T think this is going to be our last year to host professional Hockey, but if it is, I rather go down fighting to preserve something we all love and enjoy. Lastly, yes I was one of those guys who re**sed to see the WP, again it had nothing to do with WP. It had to do with pain of having the NHL from the age of 4 to 22 and then gone, Bettman and Company dropped my cohorts on a doorstep and left. My generation that grew up in youth hockey would have blown the doors off the Civic Center, but we were never given that chance. Needless to say wounds needed to heal and they healed last Spring when I went to a few games with my 6 year old son, then proceeded to attend All of the payoff games in HARTFORD (Married and father of a 6 & 2 year old Bridgeport was not in the cards guys). Years of built up anger and pain, I now realize that staying away was wrong. I’m throwing my hat in the ring with ALL of you so we don’t lose Hockey in Hartford.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jerseydiehardwhaler wrote :

> Blubber maybe weblike the fact that wp98 Amos is up, he looks like the

> stupid one, and and you do to.. Baldwin is not bs, he had a plan to bring

> the NHL back and was on his way to doing it, that's a fact.. As far as

> tumbleweeds, only in you and wf98 brains.. You guys give the more reason to

> get the rangers out of here and aeg with htem

 

His plan ****ed and the only ones who bought it were fools who didn't want to see the path of destruction he left in Pittsburg and Iowa.

I brought this up before Baldwin the savior did you ever stop to think about how all of a sudden he ends up in Pittsburg and so did Ulfie and Ron...................He wouldn't do that............ sure he wouldn't and I have bridge you can buy.

Keep grasping for anything if you want, complain about the Rangers if you want, but it was smart buisness for them to come to Hartford. but since most of you punch a clock and collect a check you wouldn't know the first thing about one.

They don't want the NHL back well duh! if a void was left and you owned a buisness would you want the compition that just left back..........Thank God you don't make the descions where you work eveyone would be out of a job.

But if what happened here in Hartford happened somewhere else and the Whalers did the same it would be fine.

 

And to take a line from an old Bugs Bunny cartoon . Jersey we can't fool you because your a moron..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We agree with the OP of this thread. Bury the hatchet and go to the games! If you support Hartford hockey, then let's see you at the games. Remember, this may be the last season of Hartford hockey. If attendance picks up this season, we'll prove to be a legit hockey market. Like we always say..."If it can happen in Winnipeg, it can happen in Hartford". GO WHALE!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WhalePack wrote :

> We agree with the OP of this thread. Bury the hatchet and go to the games!

> If you support Hartford hockey, then let's see you at the games. Remember,

> this may be the last season of Hartford hockey. If attendance picks up this

> season, we'll prove to be a legit hockey market. Like we always

> say..."If it can happen in Winnipeg, it can happen in Hartford".

> GO WHALE!!!

 

Exactly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, it’s a start but I think WE are now getting somewhere. Occasionally, I like to throw a movie clip here or there to really drive home the point. Watch them or not I don’t care, and PLEASES look at them as an analogy NOTHING MORE. I’m getting off point here but that deranged lunatic in CO really made me sick with his crazy antics, I can only pray for those families. However, there’s nothing like a movie to really inspire people. So remember this clip when WE again read of this manmade BS of a Whaler rivalry with the Rangers or this WORM BS. Those discussions NOW more than ever need to be ignored and looked at symbolically like this clip illustrates. “HARTFORD HOCKEY GETS NOWHERE UNLESS TEAM WINS.” Only together can we make something great again, but right now we don’t need Billions of Dollars to make what we currently have the best in the AHL. Because that’s what we have and we can look upon each other with great pride knowing we made a difference. Now lets look forward to opening night and a success**l season in HARTFORD.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In order for everyone to move on and come together you have to leave the negative people on this board who re**se to move forward in the dust. It just takes a few to move int he right direction and for others to follow.

 

I mean if your enjoying being on this board and playing (gotcha posts) you are wasting your life.

 

There is some progressive thinking going into the HWBC this year some new blood has been in**sed, people who care more about Hartford than the laundry on the ice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TACKLA I think WORM is secretly a project of MSG to divide the fanbase to make sure Hartford doesn't get back into the NHL.

 

OK, dont know why they would do that after all they want as many people to attend games as possible but they are not going to do it themselves they want AEG to do it.

 

 

Actually , the latest I heard was that they are ready to look into moving out of Hartford but I stress that is a rumor, ofcourse..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whalevolution wrote :

 

> Actually , the latest I heard was that they are ready to look into moving

> out of Hartford but I stress that is a rumor, ofcourse..

 

If so, then the Rangers are finally themselves doing what's in the best interest of Hartford.

 

Let's hope this rumor is true, & then we can all enjoy watching Hartford Flyers games in Hartford with those noted proponents of Hartford hockey, Wolf * Pack/ Rangers fans.

 

They will undoubtedly show up & put their **ll support behind whoever the new team is because, as they've said, all they care about is the best thing for Hartford hockey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HYMH If so, then the Rangers are finally themselves doing what's in the best interest of Hartford.

 

Well I would say they are doing what is best for them, they could care less about whats best for Hartford in terms of signing a new lease.

 

HYMH They will undoubtedly show up & put their **ll support behind whoever the new team is because, as they've said, all they care about is the best thing for Hartford hockey.

 

If that happened, I would be surprised, its still AHL.

 

I think if we can get a look at the RFP's for the XL then we may be able to predict more on whats going to happen, all that has to happen is someone has to offer a much better deal than AEG and then if AEG is out the Rangers wouldnt stay, (most likely)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Let's hope this rumor is true, & then we can all enjoy watching Hartford Flyers games in Hartford with those noted proponents of Hartford hockey, Wolf * Pack/ Rangers fans."

 

It's not going to be the Flyers. The Flyers are already committed to moving to a new arena in Allentown, PA.

 

My guess....if the Rangers leave...

 

The Rangers will move to Albany. The Devils will move their affiliate to Glens Falls or Binghamton, and the Binghamton Senators will move to Hartford.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just picked the Flyers to name a team. (Though it'd be great if it were them or the Islanders)

 

As a Sabres fan, the Sens are one of the last teams I'd want to see in here. However, as a true fan of Hartford hockey, I'd be more than happy to support & cheer for the Hartford Sens as a replacement for the Rags.

 

& that is the difference between Whalers fans & Wolf * Pack/Rangers fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's just a guess, HYMH. It could be someone else. I really don't know. At this point, as long as it's not the Bruins, Canadiens or Rangers, I'd be happy. And since I know the majority wouldn't want the Hurricanes...for obvious reasons, that's fine too, even though I still root for the Canes.

 

Any of the other 26 teams...bring them in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if this is good as it gets and this is our last year of Professional Hockey here in Hartford? Some years ago I vouched not to set foot into the Civic Center until the Whalers returned, this decision didn’t get me anywhere closer to attaining my season tickets did it. I’m proud that the Whalers were and will always be my team. Other Whaler Fans should know that it takes tremendous fortitude be a Whaler Fan. Never mind the fact that they were rodded from us, it took pure guts to stick with this team and they will be my team till I collapse. Lastly, Connecticut Citizen vs CT Citizen again is going to lead us to ruin. Been a spectator of this board for sometime now and allot of it has been very incite **ll, but beware what you wish for because the only show in town, yet encouraging for the Hockey Market may be something that you will experience less than 20 times a year. This infighting may lead to the Ruling Cl***** say to all of us that 20 games of Hockey is all your going to get so be happy and shut up. Lastly, I said my peace about affiliations in the AHL, I ran with the NHL dream and experienced the nightmare, I think affiliations is a waste of our time with the exceptions I previously stated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4WHA-Back-in-NHL wrote :

> What if this is good as it gets and this is our last year of Professional

> Hockey here in Hartford?

 

There will always be professional hockey in Hartford, even if we have to skip one season. & if this is as good as it gets, then when the attendance under AEG/MSG drops enough they're going to leave anyway. & good riddance to them.

 

Why is it that a few of you re**se to believe anything except that having the Rangers here is the only possible way we can ever have a team, or ever make the playoffs? Somehow, someway, we'll manage to get by without the mighty Rags.

 

For goodness sakes, there are AHL teams in East Snowflake, Alberta & Bowling Pin, Price Edward Island. But while Springfield draws no one & still gets a new team every time the moon is **ll, the largest media market in the US without a pro team won't ever get the AHL back. Right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree HYMH I *****ume Hartford will never be without hockey but you have to admit and I made this point before only 13 teams are in the black and how many teams in general want to pay 21/2 the rent when you can pay 8k in Binghamton or 13k in Manchester. Just saying that money is a huge factor espeicially with the lock out looming. I could see HArtford becoming AHL absent for a year or two just do to the lockout and the price to play here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Springfield has one thing Hartford doesn't, the AHL home offices. After Tampa Bay left, the AHL had to ask teams to move there. That the reason the Oilers moved there. The Oilers didn't have an AHL affiliate, and they would loan their players to multiple AHL teams. The Oilers even loaned Ty Conklin to the Wolf Pack for 3 or so games in 2005-06. Also, the AHL had said that they were going to make a rule stating that one AHL team couldn't have two NHL affiliates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biggie1083 wrote :

> Springfield has one thing Hartford doesn't, the AHL home offices. After

> Tampa Bay left, the AHL had to ask teams to move there. That the reason the

> Oilers moved there. The Oilers didn't have an AHL affiliate, and they would

> loan their players to multiple AHL teams. The Oilers even loaned Ty Conklin

> to the Wolf Pack for 3 or so games in 2005-06. Also, the AHL had said that

> they were going to make a rule stating that one AHL team couldn't have two

> NHL affiliates.

 

Biggie, it's always interesting to read the lengths you'll go to to disagree with anything that isn't 'let's keep the Rangers here.'

 

Are there AHL home offices in Abbotsford & Grand Rapids, too? The general point here was that Hartford is way too big a place to not have the AHL.

 

Evo's point about the cost of rent has some merit, but you'd think that a more reasonable rent could be worked out between next entity to run the XL & the next AHL team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4WHA,

You having memories of the WHA, probably would call me a young man. I fell in love with the Whalers when I was 9 and was heart broken at age 19 when they left Hartford.

As a 19 year old I enjoyed going to Pack games, suddenly great seats at a reasonable price. Attended pretty much every game in the 1st season but missed what we didn't have. I was no longer just a Whaler fan, I was not a WolfPack fan yet, but I had truly developed a p*****ion for the sport of hockey.

Finally, attending my 1st hockey playoff game, I was disappointed with the 3-0 score the Beast had over us at the end of 2. But after a 7 goal 3rd and a 7-4 win. I was all in for the WolfPack brand and never looked back.

After watching my team win the Calder Cup in 2000. It hurt just as bad losing a brand as it did losing the Whalers. I lost the WolfPack brand because of a group that I used to be apart of that re**ses to turn the page. I knew that no matter how much my team is catered to their liking its not good enough for them.

I am not saying all WolfPack fans are innocent in all this but, all most WolfPack/Whale fans want from Whaler fans is for them to acknowledge them as Hartford current hockey team and care about them the way we do. After that all is forgiven.

Watching you video with Neely really makes me think about how much I used to hate the B's and Habs, and I really think that is the key. How do we get WolfPack/Whale/Whalers fans to all p*****ionately hate other AHL teams like the baby B's, Sound Tigers and Falcons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really think a lot of you guys miss the point of AHL attendance and growing Hartford Hockey into a market that can bring the NHL back.

You don't need one billionaire, you need people with money. But they have to believe in Hartford Hockey to invest in it......How???? Large p*****ionate crowds, that's how. Having a great AHL team with a huge p*****ionate following is a great 2nd prize if the NHL doesn't happen. But that's what Whaler fans can not come to terms with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hartfordyouremyhome wrote :

> Biggie1083 wrote :

> > Springfield has one thing Hartford doesn't, the AHL home offices. After

> > Tampa Bay left, the AHL had to ask teams to move there. That the reason the

> > Oilers moved there. The Oilers didn't have an AHL affiliate, and they would

> > loan their players to multiple AHL teams. The Oilers even loaned Ty Conklin

> > to the Wolf Pack for 3 or so games in 2005-06. Also, the AHL had said that

> > they were going to make a rule stating that one AHL team couldn't have two

> > NHL affiliates.

>

> Biggie, it's always interesting to read the lengths you'll go to to disagree with

> anything that isn't 'let's keep the Rangers here.'

>

> Are there AHL home offices in Abbotsford & Grand Rapids, too? The general point

> here was that Hartford is way too big a place to not have the AHL.

>

> Evo's point about the cost of rent has some merit, but you'd think that a more

> reasonable rent could be worked out between next entity to run the XL & the next

> AHL team.

 

I was answering this, "But while Springfield draws no one & still gets a new team every time the moon is **ll, the largest media market in the US without a pro team won't ever get the AHL back. Right." Springfield, or where ever the AHL offices is, will have a team. If there is a threat, like the current affiliation leaving, people will fight to keep the a team there.

 

Abbotsford, and Grand Rapids have teams because that is where their affiliates, the Flames and the Red Wings, want to be. If they didn't then there wouldn't be teams there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whale2WOLF wrote :

>"suddenly great seats at a reasonable price."

 

Of course there were; because suddenly you were watching the inferior product of a development league.

 

Whale2WOLF wrote: "I knew that no matter how much my team is catered to their liking its not good enough for them."

 

Wait, who catered to Whalers fans? The Rags? Outside of Howard Baldwin's efforts & the Rags keeping his innovations after showing him the door, the Rags have done exactly whatever they've wanted here since day one, & almost nothing for Hartford.

 

Whale2WOLF wrote"I am not saying all WolfPack fans are innocent in all this..."

 

Now there's a true statement if there ever was one. They've got their Rags team, yet they still want everything else, too.

 

Whale2Wolf wrote: "all most WolfPack/Whale fans want from Whaler fans is for them to acknowledge them as Hartford current hockey team and care about them the way we do."

 

They are acknowledged. As far as caring about them, I'll wear a Rick Middleton jersey to a Red Sox game & sing 'Sweet Caroline' with Sox fans before rooting for the Rangers in Hartford.

 

Whale2WOLF wrote: "After that all is forgiven."

 

Forgiven for what, exactly? For not supporting an organization that came in here unwanted, tossed all of our history aside, & then did whatever they wanted while expecting us to thank our lucky stars the Rangers gave us the privilege of being their farm team? They should have stayed in Binghamton where fans actually wanted them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this