Sign in to follow this  
4WHA-Back-in-NHL

Let’s start over by burying the hatchet

"It hurt just as bad losing a brand as it did losing the Whalers. I lost the WolfPack brand because of a group that I used to be apart of that re**ses to turn the page."

Oh. My. Freaking. God.

To compare losing the Whalers to losing a freaking logo and mascot is, without question, the most idiotic thing I have ever read on this board. WPF98's garbage is less ridiculous than this, and that's saying something.

You didn't have much credibility with me before...you have zero now. WPF98 has more credibility now than you do, which again, is saying something.

As far as caring about them, I'll wear a Rick Middleton jersey to a Red Sox game & sing 'Sweet Caroline' with Sox fans before rooting for the Rangers in Hartford.

Hold on right there, what is your story? Yes, sir I’m calling you out. What kind of statement is that for a guy that suppose to be my brethren. You don’t share our pain do you? You dated yourself with your lack of knowledge and in my eyes you lost all your credibility, the Bruins now and for ever be the Hartford Whalers arch rival if I’m wrong point out right now where the Rangers ever outdone the Bruins in that category. I will have words with anybody on this board that ever questions my loyalty to the Hartford Whalers and even implies that I am a supporter of Rangers if someone decides to go that rout. The point is that Bruins have done more damage to our team than any other team. You said now back it up and how are you a Whaler Fan? What a shame since you have a great name like Hartfordyouremyhome. Bruins gave me many angry nights thanks for adding to it. Your statement is nothing more than Whaler Blasphemy.

Burying the hatchet is a two-step process:

1) Realize that the Whalers are LONG GONE, they are NOT coming back, they are in North Carolina and they will STAY THERE. If you want to follow them, you can get the multi-channel package on DirecTV or else move to North Carolina.

2) Give us back our Wolf Pack, Scott Gray is on board with bringing back the Wolf Pack and we want them back, when people think of the Whale they think of an 18-month disaster with ended in lawsuits and debt, so let's go back to the team which gave us the Calder Cup as opposed to the team which has given us the entire docket over at Hartford Superior Court, the amount of lawsuits is unbelievable, I can't believe what those clowns from Hollywood did to our team and image.

Whale2WOLF wrote :

> Watching you video with Neely really makes me think about how much I used

> to hate the B's and Habs, and I really think that is the key. How do we

> get WolfPack/Whale/Whalers fans to all p*****ionately hate other AHL teams

> like the baby B's, Sound Tigers and Falcons?

W2W we are doing it right now. I'm honest I told you why I didn't like the WP, again it had nothing to do with the Rangers or the WP, it had to do with deep loss that I felt. Yes, it took me 15 years, but that's what I needed. You have to figure out when you can put these feelings behind you and when you do only together can we obtain something great again in Hartford. But, I question anybody that makes up crap that never happened and maybe that's how we clear up this mess by ending the lies. I deeply cared for the Whalers from 79-97 so I am completely puzzled with Ranger BS. Lastly, I don't expect you to love the Whalers like I do and none of US can ever expect the younger guys that didn't grow up with the Whalers be their team and that's your choice, but this is my team and will be my team to my end. W2W, I'm glad I was able to clear some cobwebs. Hartford's is truly our only team regardless. I want the NHL but the AHL is what we have so lets make it success**l.

"Watching you video with Neely really makes me think about how much I used to hate the B's and Habs, and I really think that is the key." YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

WolfpackFan1998 wrote :

> Burying the hatchet is a two-step process:

>

I'm not going to acknowledge your garbage. This is the Hartford Whalers Message Board so you and your ilk can now leave. Don't even bother replying fool I won't respond anyway and everyone here should just follow suite. Go out and start your own board CLOWN.

Pal get a FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF CLUE.

WolfpackFan1998 wrote :

> Burying the hatchet is a two-step process:

>

> 1) Realize that the Whalers are LONG GONE, they are NOT coming back, they

> are in North Carolina and they will STAY THERE. If you want to follow

> them, you can get the multi-channel package on DirecTV or else move to

> North Carolina.

>

> 2) Give us back our Wolf Pack, Scott Gray is on board with bringing back

> the Wolf Pack and we want them back, when people think of the Whale they

> think of an 18-month disaster with ended in lawsuits and debt, so let's go

> back to the team which gave us the Calder Cup as opposed to the team which

> has given us the entire docket over at Hartford Superior Court, the amount

> of lawsuits is unbelievable, I can't believe what those clowns from

> Hollywood did to our team and image.

WP98 your #2 is answered in your #1

1) Realize that the Wolf Pack Logo is long gone, It is'nt coming back, the logo is a huge part of Hartford Hockey,14 years long, but it doesnt interest the Hartford market as shown by almost a decade of declining attendance and interest. It will always be a part of Hartford Hockey History though. With a high point of winning a minor league Championship. I hope you can move on soon, youve been at this lost cause for two years and havent garnered any support at all. Not one person agrees with your in two years. If you want to follow the team next year, you can move to Albany, Glen Falls or Binghamton, possibly. I dont think after they move that they will be called WOLF PACK but they might be called the Rangers. Hope you can adjust to that new brand better than you have adjusted to the new brand Ct. Whale.

Wevo, Great response. After that Burin comment I lost my cool and lashed out. I can go on and on how Bruins destroyed my Hockey Heart, but that’s not my point here. Again, we can all agree to disagree. But, make no mistake about it only together can WE make a difference in the City of Hartford. WEVO you are right on point, WP is relevant and dose have hockey history here in Hartford CASE CLOSED. Did I completely illustrate about my total hatred of the Bruins, however, there is a true leader here in our Hockey Market that lives and breathes restoring this city to Hockey greatness and he is a Bruin Fan and I am prepared work with him tirelessly to make this happen. That’s what I mean by Let’s start over by burying the Hatchet. We have the same p*****ion and desire to accomplish this surmountable task. Right NOW more than ever the City of Hartford needs our support. It’s time to check our Hockey Bags at the door and move forward together period. If not done collectively and we are going to spew the same garbage day in and day out and get absolutely nowhere. Is that what you guys truly want???????? None of us should care about attendance years and years ago. The only thing that I care about and everyone here should care about is getting Hockey moving in the right direction here in Hartford. Lets get that attendance up for opening night. That’s where we begin on moving forward together.

Edited by Guest

Whalevolution wrote :

>I hope you can move on soon, youve been at this lost

> cause for two years and havent garnered any support at all. Not one person agrees

> with your in two years.

^^^ EVO, you are WRONG on BOTH of those counts.

1) It has NOT been a lost cause, our cause was to get Baldwin run out of town in 3 years, I wrote that on this forum back in 2010, and we accomplished our mission, we got Baldwin out in 20 months, we boycotted his product, he couldn't afford to pay for the jerseys, he screwed over Reebok, the lawsuits and debt mounted, and the cherry on top was the Playoff attendance of only 1100 people. The lost cause is the Baldwin bootlickers trying to defend their great oracle from Hollywood, that is the lost cause. If the Baldwin bootlickers support him so much, then they should whip out their checkbook and start writing checks to Reebok and the numerous other vendors who were screwed over.

2) You say that "not one person agrees with me in two years", another incorrect statement. Scott Gray, one of the most prominent voices on Hartford radio, agrees 100 percent with me, he said it is time to go back to the Wolf Pack and that "Baldwin did more harm than good". You Whale fans are a tiny minority, you are marginalized, your leader was toppled, the debt levels were unsustainable, the court cases piled up, even fans were attacking Pucky at games, that is how much the people wanted Pucky and Baldwin thrown out of Hartford.

You neo-Baldwinites are a sad sad bunch, and also a delusional bunch, you can't seem to accept the fact that the Whale FAILED, there is NO new Whale arena at a cost of $105 million, there is NO Calder Cup for the Whale, there are NO state government figures getting behind Baldwin to support him, perhaps you can occupy your time by taking the little paintbrush and painting the generic giveaway Pucky bobblehead , they even found a way to mess up the Bobblehead giveaway night :lol::D:lol:

WP98 ^^^ EVO, you are WRONG on BOTH of those counts.

I know its difficult to accept WP98, it wasnt easy for me to accept that the WHALERS were gone but the Wolf Pack branding is gone.

If there was support for it I would agree with you, but you are the only guy who wants the branding back, besides Gray. As I said you have been trying to recruit people but it hasnt worked out. Sometimes its ok to fail it shows you where you are wrong. As I said giving up the Ghost is not easy I had trouble too. We will understand if you need time to adjust to this loss but it is there no denying that. As you said Baldwin has failed, it happens, You could actually take a step out of his book, take some time to heal the loss of the Pack 24 months after the brandings removal from Hartford Hockey.

You are right, I forgot, You and Scott Gray stand in the same group, you doubled your faction. But you didnt recruit him and I am willing to bet he hasnt seen your North Korean style manifestos.

Guys I think many would agree that this particular log has demonstrated people are curious to resolve our disputes and move forward together for the better good for Hockey in our city. I tried to articulate to all the people who love this sport and wishes it remains in Hartford. I’m not interested in MINOR League Made up rivalries that never existed in our professional Hockey years. But, I knew that if I put my ear to the grid stone the true Wesel would emerge. I finally answered the preverbal question “Dose a Bear ***** in the Woods” and the answer to that question is NO he *****s right here on this board in the form of HYMH. These rats and I’m sure there’s more like him on here are the ones who so deeply miss the Battle of New England so bad that they are the smoking gun IMO reveled. You didn’t even defend yourself you Black and Gold wearing ****. I know your kind very well, you came into OUR building wearing your B uniform while still living in our state. Your nothing more than the worst thing in Sports a Turn Coat. I’m sure when the Oilers SWEPT your team in 5 games you cried like a baby back in 88 didn’t you. Yes, your Burins got swept in five games not four because of your beloved Boston Garden lost its power. You are rat, troublemaker, and cover-up-artist. Yes burring the hatchet all right, right into these rats appearing as Whaler Fans. Those who Bleed Green do what you want and if you want to self-destruct over MINOR LEAGE affiliations be my guess. IMO that pushing AHL out would do more harm than good. I now take my case to the People. Lastly, you guys may hate the WP fans but they sure supper supersede these rat finks by leaps and bounds. Operator Over and OUT

Edited by Guest

off topic, on topic, whatever.

I will continue to attend every Whale game wearing my Whalers Jerseys, my Wolfpack Jerseys and my Whale Jerseys. I will also attend UCONN games wearing all of the above plus, most likely a UCONN jersey and IF the NHL returns, iI will wear them all there too (if i can afford the price of a ticket)

Point being, living in the past, or the **ture does nothing for us in the now. Hartford Hockey people, whether it be red and blue or blue and green is what we have and anyone who enjoys Hockey should appreciate what we have.Any one of us could be hit by a bus tomorrow and what we have is whats in that building right now.

GO WHALERS

GO WOLFPACK

GO WHALE

GO UCONN

GO TO A GAME

ANTIBRUIN Any one of us could be hit by a bus tomorrow and what we have is whats in that building right now.

Thank you, a more valid point may never have been made on this board.

ANY One of us who is into the infighting, sunddenly gets hit by a bus and wouldn't you think then(if there is an afterlife); Why did I fight over laundry so hard that I missed out on good times(PAST PRESENT AND **TURE) with 5k of my Hartford Hockey friends.

Whalevolution wrote :

> ANTIBRUIN Any one of us could be hit by a bus tomorrow and what we have is

> whats in that building right now.

>

> Thank you, a more valid point may never have been made on this board.

If I were to get hit by a bus tomorrow, I don't think my last thought would be, "Thank goodness I had a last chance to watch the Rangers effort to screw my hometown one more time."

Would you rather this debate go on while tumbleweeds continue to slide across the ice for years, or would you rather be a part of 7,000-9,000 fans watching the Hartford Panthers/Avalanche/Whomevers play in front of a **n crowd?

I would love Panther games with 7k to 9k but you mentioned tumble weeds and we have had this debate before.

Its possible, If the Rangers leave that no one comes in after them because Hartford is too expensive.

Other teams just witnessed an orignal six team(NYR) that was in the black and was tossed out of here because of infighing fans.

In short, I would rather go on with the 4200 we have, than no hockey and zero Hockey fans in Hartford. Keep Hartford alive with Hockey should be the number one goal.

Hartford Hockey is somewhat similar to a patient in critical condition you have to keep the patient alive before you can get them in a stable condition and moved on to recovery. If the patient stops breathing then there may be no coming back ever. I cant say I would rather have no hockey than Ranger hockey.

I guess you saying you could?

Whalevolution wrote :

> I would love Panther games with 7k to 9k but you mentioned tumble weeds and

> we have had this debate before.

>

> Its possible, If the Rangers leave that no one comes in after them because

> Hartford is too expensive.

> Other teams just witnessed an orignal six team(NYR) that was in the black

> and was tossed out of here because of infighing fans.

>

> In short, I would rather go on with the 4200 we have, than no hockey and

> zero Hockey fans in Hartford. Keep Hartford alive with Hockey should be

> the number one goal.

>

> Hartford Hockey is somewhat similar to a patient in critical condition you

> have to keep the patient alive before you can get them in a stable

> condition and moved on to recovery. If the patient dies then there may be

> no coming back ever. I cant say I would rather have no hockey than Ranger

> hockey.

>

> I guess you saying you could?

I agree Evo. Looking forward to chatting with you this upcoming season and more hope**lly. I would rather have Ranger hockey than no hockey as well. There is no guarantee another team would come here IF the Rangers leave. Support what we have before we have nothing at all. Of course he is saying that, what else would he say or has he said. Its like talking to a brick wall, nothing gets through.

anti_bruins wrote :

> off topic, on topic, whatever.

>

> I will continue to attend every Whale game wearing my Whalers Jerseys, my

> Wolfpack Jerseys and my Whale Jerseys. I will also attend UCONN games

> wearing all of the above plus, most likely a UCONN jersey and IF the NHL

> returns, iI will wear them all there too (if i can afford the price of a

> ticket)

> Point being, living in the past, or the **ture does nothing for us in the

> now. Hartford Hockey people, whether it be red and blue or blue and green

> is what we have and anyone who enjoys Hockey should appreciate what we

> have.Any one of us could be hit by a bus tomorrow and what we have is whats

> in that building right now.

>

> GO WHALERS

> GO WOLFPACK

> GO WHALE

> GO UCONN

> GO TO A GAME

Good to hear anti. Very well stated. Looking forward to meeting you this upcoming season and talking hockey without all these distractions we have on this forum.

Whalevolution wrote :

> In short, I would rather go on with the 4200 we have, than no hockey and

> zero Hockey fans in Hartford. Keep Hartford alive with Hockey should be

> the number one goal.

>

> Hartford Hockey is somewhat similar to a patient in critical condition you

> have to keep the patient alive before you can get them in a stable

> condition and moved on to recovery. If the patient stops breathing then

> there may be no coming back ever. I cant say I would rather have no hockey

> than Ranger hockey.

>

> I guess you saying you could?

Yes, I'd rather have no hockey than Rangers hockey, because it'd **** to watch our city remain in a decline with no hope in perpetuity.

I'm guessing, & please correct me if I'm wrong because I don't want to speak for you Evo, that our main difference of opinion (at least on this thread right now) is that you, let's say, aren't sure, that if the Rangers leave we'd get another AHL team here; while I'm positive we would. That doesn't mean that I'm right & you're not. But it does seem to be the difference.

With the Rangers here, the very best that you can hope for is exactly what we have right now, low attendance, apathy, & arguing. With no chance to be better. While I believe we have to go forward & take chances; or we'll never be anything more than we are right now. As someone mentioned earlier, a pit stop between NY & Boston. Even Providence has surp*****ed us.

HYMH I'm guessing, & please correct me if I'm wrong because I don't want to speak for you Evo, that our main difference of opinion (at least on this thread right now) is that you, let's say, aren't sure, that if the Rangers leave we'd get another AHL team here; while I'm positive we would. That doesn't mean that I'm right & you're not. But it does seem to be the difference.

I was thinking the same thing. I guess so! The Rangers leaving without a team taking its place is possible and I guess in the end we just cant be positively sure of it one way or the other untill it happens.

(BUT) I do admit, I think the AHL would be crazy to leave Hartford vacant. But I guess thats why they say money talks and hockey teams walk. Well no one says that but I tried to make it make sense.

One thing that has never been discussed here is the why is the rent in a 30+ year old facility so expensive. Other teams in the AHL play in NBA arenas (Houston, San Antonio, Charlotte, Milwaukee, Lake Erie/Cleveland) but Hartford's rent is higher than all of those other buildings...Makes no sense.

That said, if the Rangers and AEG leave (fingers crossed), I would like to think the new building manager would see the error(s) of AEG's ways and bring in a team that Hartford can rally around, and give whoever the owner(s) of the team a decent deal to rent the arena so a team can be here long term.

MARKH One thing that has never been discussed here is the why is the rent in a 30+ year old facility so expensive. Other teams in the AHL play in NBA arenas (Houston, San Antonio, Charlotte, Milwaukee, Lake Erie/Cleveland) but Hartford's rent is higher than all of those other buildings...Makes no sense.

Well CT is the most expensive state to live in the country. If you own a house take what you paid here and look at real estate in North Carolina, or Columbus, or even in Milwaukee. You will get quite the upgrade for your buck, the dollar goes farther elsewhere.

Whalevolution wrote :

> HYMH I'm guessing, & please correct me if I'm wrong because I don't

> want to speak for you Evo, that our main difference of opinion (at least on

> this thread right now) is that you, let's say, aren't sure, that if the

> Rangers leave we'd get another AHL team here; while I'm positive we would.

> That doesn't mean that I'm right & you're not. But it does seem to be

> the difference.

>

> I was thinking the same thing. I guess so! I do admit that the Rangers

> leaving and no other team coming is an uncertainty we just cant be

> positively sure of one way or the other untill it happens, but I do admit I

> think the AHL would be crazy to leave Hartford vacant. But I guess thats

> why they say money talks and hockey teams walk. Well no one says that but

> I tried to make it make sense.

I guess the thing is who wants to maintain a cruddy status quo? We both know how great Hartford can be if given the chance. But we're also a city littered with discarded & unfinished dreams. (Adriaen's Landing, Constitution Plaza, Front Street, NFL-sized stadium, etc, etc) We generally either do things half-backsided or not at all.

Other cities get things done, we should be among them. As I've said, I love Hartford & want the best for it & us. & besides when it comes right down to it, changing an AHL affiliation isn't exactly a decision that ranks up there with the Healthcare debate.

"Well CT is the most expensive state to live in the country. If you own a house take what you paid here and look at real estate in North Carolina, or Columbus, or even in Milwaukee. You will get quite the upgrade for your buck, the dollar goes farther elsewhere."

There is a difference between buying a house and renting an arena for a couple of hours on a Sa****ay night.

Bridgeport's arena, which seats a little more than half of the XL Center (8480 vs 15635) was $12,000 to rent for the playoff game against Norfolk. The XL Center is, depending on who you ask, double that, at least. Never mind Bridgeport's building is newer. Never mind Bridgeport's building has better concessions.

The point is that there are larger facilities in the league, in bigger cities, that cost less...in some cases quite a bit less...than to rent the XL Center. That needs to change if the AHL is going to survive in this market after the Rangers and AEG (hope**lly) leave.

MarkH2919 wrote : One thing that has never been discussed here is the why is the rent in a 30+ year old facility so expensive. Other teams in the AHL play in NBA arenas (Houston, San Antonio, Charlotte, Milwaukee, Lake Erie/Cleveland) but Hartford's rent is higher than all of those other buildings...Makes no sense.

In three of the cases you've cited - the Houston Aeros playing at the Toyota Center, the San Antonio Rampage playing at the AT&T Center, and the Lake Erie Monsters playing at Quicken Loans Arena - the owner (or, part-owner) of the franchise is also responsible for operating the arena. As a result, they're not going to gouge themselves on rent.

Fair enough. I guess I am having a hard time trying to figure out why a minor league hockey team has to pay $28K/game for rent (and yes, there are others, Orlando in the ECHL for one, that pays something relatively close to that amount, but they play in a brand new building) and other teams in the league, with newer and bigger facilities, pay quite a bit less.