Sign in to follow this  
4WHA-Back-in-NHL

Let’s start over by burying the hatchet

I can't answer that question as to why rent is so high. I have a feeling that if a deal is worked out between AEG and the Rangers, rent will be substantially lower. It is all up in the air as to what happens until an announcement is officially made regarding the franchise, the XL Center lease and the **ture of hockey.

What's to say they weren't in the process of renegotiating when Reebok sent the ultimatum to MSG and the AHL? You seem to forget that everything was going somewhat smoothly until Reebok started making a **ss.

No, people at WSE have said that they were constantly told week in and week out that they were going to meet about it but it never seemed to materialize.

A few of us here who were talking to WSE, we all heard several times from WSE that they thought they had something in the works for a new lease. They were saying we think we will hear next week.

How will we ever know what MSG is getting for rent is that public info?

Whalevolution wrote :

> How will we ever know what MSG is getting for rent is that public info?

Im pretty sure it is considering the XL is public property. However, aside from one of us looking into the public records, I doubt we will ever find out. MSG or AEG won't release the price themselves, and our god-aw**l local media certainly won't go digging around for it.

I got to agree even if MSG gets a huge cut on the rent our Hartford media wont even bother to note the difference probably. They didnt really seem to buy into Howards request for *****itance when he went to the media about the rent. Which he stated he felt was "Onerous".

Whats onerous to MSG?