Sign in to follow this  
Monizzle145

Winter Classic at the Yale Bowl?

>>>Haha if you went to a school where they taught you how to read paragraphs you would have seen how i said i understand it was just an idea thrown out there not something that was actually happening. And if you actually graduated high school you would be able to see that in my post i also said I thought if it did happen for some reason it would be a cool thing. I never said it was going to happen i just said it was an idea thrown out there.<<<

The point is peabrain that by posting this in the first place you gave the notion some credence. If you had a **nctioning mind you would have realized the total impossibility of this and not wasted you time writing about it here.

"Why do you believe that having the game at Yale Bowl would be moronic? Would NBC re**se to show the game? Would TV ratings be lower for a game at Yale, as opposed to Citi Field? Would people not attend?"

The facility, and the New Haven area, is woe**lly inadequate to host such an event, that's why. There are much better facilities, including ones right in New York City's 5 boroughs, that can and should host the game over the Yale Bowl.

Snowballs will be seen in **** before the Yale Bowl hosts the Winter Cl*****ic.

Whether they do have it here or not the point is it was discussed, and its not Moonizzles idea. Geez this is the poster thread for "kill the messenger".

I dont care whether its possible or not but someone put it out on the internet so thats why its even a discussion. I would definitely root for the Rangers to humilate the Bruins. I think the appeal to the NHL if there is any is that its a good neutral site. Other than that who the **** knows. I would just call it plausible and leave it at that.

"I think the appeal to the NHL if there is any is that its a good neutral site."

There are very few Bruins fans in New Haven and southwestern Connecticut. And the Yale Bowl is a dump. We're talking about the National Hockey League's signature during-the-season event, even more than the All Star Game. And you guys think that because it came up in the NY Times, and on the internet, that it's being considered????? Think of the improvements that have to be done to that facility to make it ready, never mind the actual on-ice stuff, but the upgrades to the press box, the installation of lights, etc. That costs big bucks, and I can't imagine Yale doing improvements like that for a one time event. I have to believe Yale folks, quite simply, are a little smarter than that.

Have it at Citi Field. Have it at Yankee Stadium. Have it at the Meadowlands (that too would be hard because of the NFL). To have it at an old, antiquated facility that isn't ready, or even close to being ready to be in the National spotlight...it's not happening.

MarkH2919 wrote :

>There are very few Bruins fans in New Haven and southwestern Connecticut.

Very few Bruins fans in New Haven? Actually, there are a lot. If Bruins fans came in large numbers to games at the HCC, I think that there would be plenty who would be eager to attend a game at Yale.

> And the Yale Bowl is a dump. We're talking about the National Hockey

> League's signature during-the-season event, even more than the All Star

> Game. And you guys think that because it came up in the NY Times, and on

> the internet, that it's being considered????? Think of the improvements

> that have to be done to that facility to make it ready, never mind the

> actual on-ice stuff, but the upgrades to the press box, the installation of

> lights, etc. That costs big bucks, and I can't imagine Yale doing

> improvements like that for a one time event. I have to believe Yale folks,

> quite simply, are a little smarter than that.

I think that if the COO of the NHL was quoted in The New York Times saying that Yale Bowl was looked at as a potential site, there must be some consideration. I'm sure that if he were quoted in The Times saying that Hartford was being considered as a **ture home for an NHL team, you would not be so dismissive. Also, what are the "big bucks" figures for getting Yale Bowl to host the event? What would the revenue generated be in relation to these costs? I am *****uming that you know, since you did refer to the possibility of having the game at Yale as being "moronic".

The Webster Bank Arena, formerly the Arena at Harbor Yard, sold out for a Bruins-Islanders preseason game (8,412). So, I can see them selling at least half of the 61,446 seats for a Rangers-Bruins game. I just don't see them having it there. There is so many other places, in New York, that are better prepared for that type of event.

Tackla wrote :

> I don't think the Yale Bowl would even be half **ll for this neutral site

> game.

While I seriously doubt the Winter Cl*****ic would ever be played at the Yale Bowl, I think that it is ridiculous to think that it would not even be half **ll if it did happen. If the Whale Bowl can sell 12,000?/18,000?/21,000?/28,000? for a CT Whale-Providence Bruins game, there is no doubt that a New York Rangers-Boston Bruins Winter Cl*****ic would sell out the Yale Bowl.

There are tons of Ranger fans in New Haven and Fairfield counties. It would definitely attract large numbers of people, Mark is right though that the facility isn't up to the standards for the Winter Cl*****ic.

I think a Rangers-Bruins neutral site game in Hartford would attract a huge crowd.

Tackla wrote :

> I don't think the Yale Bowl would even be half **ll for this neutral site

> game.

taking out the fact the yale bowl will probally not host a winter cl*****ic......this should be nominated for dumbest post of the year...the rangers fanbase alone in fairfield county would sell out the stadium. For 1 game during the holidays people from NYC alone would drive the hour or so and also you would get people from the boston area driving the short 2 hours. Like i said odds are the yale winter cl*****ic will just be an idea that never happens for many reason but you have to be on crack to think that if it was awarded a cl*****ic game the rangers bruins game would be sold out in minutes.

VINCE The point is peabrain that by posting this in the first place you gave the notion some credence. If you had a **nctioning mind you would have realized the total impossibility of this and not wasted you time writing about it here.

Over 35 posts and almost 400 views shows that this statement is completely false. People are enjoying talking about it whether possible or not. So the thread is quite valid for the board.

Now, the Yale Bowl is a great neutral site for those two teams, minus the trillion dollars in upgrades it would take to make it remotely possible, and there is no doubt in my mind it would sell out. No doubt at all. Heck I dont love the Rangers and I wish the Bruins bus would slip off a cliff but I would definitely buy tickets and be there if in my wildest dreams something like this happened. You know Baldwin would get the Whale involved and a certain record in Philly might just fall. Yea its more of a dream than the Whalers returning but interesting.

its just a discussion not a debate, if it occurred I think it would sell out, I dont have any doubt about that. but I realize its not going to happen.

The Whalers might have no chance to return to the NHL but we beat that dead horse quite well.

The Winter Cl*****ic at the Yale Bowl, in my opinion, is much more of a pipedream than getting the NHL back.

It's the age of the stadium. It's the lack of modern amenities. It's the lack of places for National and International media to stay. It's the lack of modern conveniences for the fans. It's the distance from the "home" team, who would be the Rangers. And on, and on, and on.

If there was no other place to host the game, then you might be able to come up with something that would change my mind. But with Citi Field, Yankee Stadium, and the Meadowlands, all brand new, all with the modern conveniences, all either in NY or a very sshort train trip away, and so on...it makes absolutely zero sense to have the game at the Yale Bowl.

LIke I said before, snowballs will fly in ****, and there will be a brand new 18,000 seat arena in downtown Hartford, with the NHL's Hartford Whalers as the primary tenant...before the Winter Cl*****ic will be played at the Yale Bowl.

MarkH2919 wrote :

> People...there is no chance the Winter Cl*****ic is going to be at the Yale

> Bowl. Can we stop with this, please?

OK, Mark. If the NHL's COO ever mentions that Hartford is among the cities being looked at for expansion/relocation, and VinceCT says that the idea is moronic and will never happen (because we know that he would), I guess that we will all just agree and say, "You're right, Vince".

Monizzle145 wrote :

> Tackla wrote :

> > I don't think the Yale Bowl would even be half **ll for this neutral site

> > game.

>

> taking out the fact the yale bowl will probally not host a winter cl*****ic......this

> should be nominated for dumbest post of the year...the rangers fanbase alone in

> fairfield county would sell out the stadium. For 1 game during the holidays people

> from NYC alone would drive the hour or so and also you would get people from the

> boston area driving the **** 2 hours. Like i said odds are the yale winter cl*****ic

> will just be an idea that never happens for many reason but you have to be on crack

> to think that if it was awarded a cl*****ic game the rangers bruins game would be sold

> out in minutes.

"the rangers fanbase alone in fairfield county" wouldn't sell out MSG. If that were true someone would put an NHL team in Fairfield County. You aren't very bright, and this is beyond your inability to capitalize.

CTHabsfan, you're comparing apples and oranges. There is an enormous difference between bringing the NHL back and having one week of outdoor hockey at the Yale Bowl. To compare the two is silly.

The idea of having the Winter Cl*****ic at the Yale Bowl is moronic because there are other facilities IN NEW YORK and CLOSE TO NEW YORK that are available in January. The idea of having the Winter Cl*****ic at the Yale Bowl is moronic because the improvements that would have to be done not just to the Bowl, but to the surrounding area in order to host the event. The idea of having the Winter Cl*****ic at the Yale Bowl is moronic because there are not nearly enough hotels in the New Haven area to host not just the teams, but the media from the US, Canada, and all over the world that go to the event. It's nice that the NHL's COO mentioned the Yale Bowl, but the bottom line is there is a better chance of you or I hitting the Powerball than the Winter Cl*****ic being played there.

How many times to I have to spell it out before you understand this?

Yeah, honestly, the Yale Bowl is so run down and out of date and stony and unappeasing and FARRRRRRR from being even remotely renovated to attract a MAJOR event. There's no way it'll host the Winter Cl*****ic. There's other options. The Yale Bowl would be the pick after my last choice. It's just, blah there.....

>

> "the rangers fanbase alone in fairfield county" wouldn't sell out MSG. If

> that were true someone would put an NHL team in Fairfield County. You aren't very

> bright, and this is beyond your inability to capitalize.

an NHL team requires 41 sell outs not 1 and the reason they couldn't have a team there is because fairfield county thinks its part of....you guessed it....new york city so that is excatly why you could sell out the yale bowl with just fairfield country rangers fans. And you have to be on crack to think that if for some crazy reason they had the cl*****ic at the yale bowl that the rangers and bruins were to play at that it would not sell out. But go on with your outrageous trolling statements go on hahaha.

No doubt in my mind it would sell out with Ranger and Bruin fans as I said I am not a fan of either but I would buy tickets for that. I dont think it could sell out with just Ranger fans though.

And before anyone starts: YES I KNOW THIS IS NOT HAPPENING I am speaking hypothetically.

Whalevolution wrote :

> No doubt in my mind it would sell out with Ranger and Bruin fans as I said

> I am not a fan of either but I would buy tickets for that. I dont think it

> could sell out with just Ranger fans though.

>

> And before anyone starts: YES I KNOW THIS IS NOT HAPPENING I am speaking

> hypothetically.

I agree to both points and yes all this is hypothetically thinking but it seems people seem like its its illegal to hypothetically speak.

MarkH2919 wrote :

> CTHabsfan, you're comparing apples and oranges. There is an enormous

> difference between bringing the NHL back and having one week of outdoor

> hockey at the Yale Bowl. To compare the two is silly.

LOL- I think you need to actual read what was written. I was not comparing Yale Bowl playing host to the Winter Cl*****ic with the NHL returning to Hartford, I was comparing you with Vince.