Sign in to follow this  
Monizzle145

Winter Classic at the Yale Bowl?

Mark is right on the facts. New Haven isn't capable of handling it and the Yale Bowl is a huge dump. I can see why it might have been briefly mentioned in the NHL offices though, they mainly think through TV.

BBTP, I know Yankee Stadium not an option right now, but it could be if they decide to not have the Pinstripe Bowl for one year and have the Winter Cl*****ic instead. Either way, if it's available, it's much, much nicer than the Yale Bowl.

The Yankees can't decide to skip the Pinstripe Bowl one year for the Winter Cl*****ic and bring it back the next because of their deal with ESPN. The only way the Winter Cl*****ic is going there is if the Pinstripe Bowl is scrapped for good once the contract runs out after the 2013 game. It does appear the NHL is waiting that out, as it seems they want no part of Citi Field.

They could if they coordinate the deal to expire at the same time.

ex: Pinstripe Bowl deal ends in 2013. No bowl game in 2014 so the 2015 Winter Cl*****ic can be held at Yankee Stadium, then bring back the Pinstripe Bowl in December 2015.

Not saying they would do this, but it is possible. And Tiscipa is right, it does appear the NHL is waiting for Yankee Stadium to become available to have the game there.

MarkH2919 wrote :

> Look moron, if you really believe that I'm wrong, then prove I am wrong.

> Anybody with a freaking brain in their head, which obviously doesn't

> include you, should be smart enough to figure out there are several sites

> that are better for the Rangers to host the Winter Cl*****ic than the Yale

> Bowl.

>

> It just doesn't make sense that after the NHL having their

> signature event at historic places like Fenway and Wrigley...to Philly and

> Pittsburgh and Buffalo to start it all...that Yale Bowl would be seriously

> considered. That was my point from the start, and it's my point now. And

> most people with a brain (again, that obviously doesn't include you) seem

> to be agreeing. Citi Field. Yankee Stadium. Rutgers Stadium. MetLife

> Stadium (doubt**l because of the Giants and Jets). ALL of these are better

> options than the Yale Bowl. To say otherwise is absolutely ridiculous.

Mark, when did I ever state that the Yale Bowl was a better option than any other facility? The only thing that I ever said was that it would not be moronic to hold the Winter Cl*****ic at Yale. If the game were held at the Bowl, I'm sure that Yale and the NHL would make plenty of money. The Bowl has held major events even before the 2006 renovations which reduced capacity (Special Olympics World Games, New York Giants regular season football, the Eagles in concert, Yale-Harvard), so I'm sure that they could handle the Winter Cl*****ic. This does not mean that I think it's the NHL's first, or best, choice, however, if other sites are not available, or costs are too high, the Yale Bowl could be used. If you want to discuss this any **rther, why not contact the NHL and tell them that they are morons for considering using the Yale Bowl, since they were the ones who said that they looked into using it, not me.

"The Bowl has held major events even before the 2006 renovations which reduced capacity (Special Olympics World Games, New York Giants regular season football, the Eagles in concert, Yale-Harvard), so I'm sure that they could handle the Winter Cl*****ic."

All of those events are held in warmer months. All of those events don't have anything close to the media that attend the Winter Cl*****ic. You are also talking about events (other than Yale/Harvard which is every other year) that happened at the very least...17 years ago in the case of the Special Olympics World Games, to as long as 38-39 years ago in the case of the Giants.

The Yale Bowl is not going to be used over the other sites. Why is this not getting through to you? The NHL will simply have the game in other places, and when Yankee Stadium becomes available, then the game goes to NY. It's not going to be in the Yale Bowl.

MarkH2919 wrote :

> The Yale Bowl is not going to be used over the other sites. Why is this

> not getting through to you? The NHL will simply have the game in other

> places, and when Yankee Stadium becomes available, then the game goes to

> NY. It's not going to be in the Yale Bowl.

For the last time, when is it getting through to you that I have never said that the Yale Bowl will be used? Seeing as how it was the NHL that mentioned that they looked into the Yale Bowl as a potential site, why don't you send them an e-mail on the matter? Although there are educated people running the league, which brought in almost 3 billon dollars in revenue last year, I am sure that they would welcome your opinions and guesses in regards to their moronic ideas.