Sign in to follow this  
MarkH2919

Opening Night Ticket Sales

Recommended Posts

With the calendar getting ready to turn to October on Monday, and Opening Night just 12 days out, it's time to start thinking about how the Opening Night number is going to shape up.

 

As of tonight (10:45pm on 9/29) 9 of the lower sections (102-105, 110, 114-117) have a total of 110 seats left. Without going through each section (thanks TM and AEG for not making it easy to add up the numbers :twisted: ) I'm hope**l for something around 7,000-7,500 for Opening Night. By the way, did hear a CT Whale ad the other night coming home from work, and NOT on WCCC. So there are ads out there. Here's hoping the big push starts this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, the whole story about the curtains being down and only sing the first 4 rows of the upper section has changed. Per Dave Romeiko, that was Howards idea and after he left, they decided to keep it open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"How many seats does each lower section have Mark?"

 

The lower bowl seats 6,415. Took a little while, but that's the # I came up with. Might be a few more because of handicap seating, which I don't think is available on the ticketmaster site.

 

Just finished my count...as mentioned, it's much more difficult to do this because AEG doesn't give you numbers, but after going through the whole chart on TM, I would say the number sold for Opening Night...as of 7:20pm 10/1/12...is a little over 5,200. There are about 1500 seats left in the lower bowl, so with a week and a half to go yet, I'd say this number is about what I expected.

 

I'll do another count probably the first part of next week to see how we've progressed. I'm holding with my projection...somewhere in the low-mid 7,000 range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a hunch attendance will be relatively strong, especially on a Friday night. I'll go with somewhere around 9,000. Don't forget that the 48 hours leading up to gameday is the most active period for ticket sales + walkups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see a very large, casual fan walk-up crowd for the first game. However, it being a Friday, it will be less than a Sa****ay. It's hard to get out of the city, regroup with the family, and come back for 7-7:30 for a lot of folks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like they are pushing the internet ads right now. I've seen a lot of ads on Facebook, YouTube, and other sites. It's nice but I would like to see more TV stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just typing that lol. I'd love to see TV ads on the main channels like 3 and 30 during things like the evening news or during prime time shows or even during college football and golf. You know, like places you would advertise if you were quote "marketing the **** out of this team."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:

> Biggie1083 wrote:

> "I've seen a lot of ads on Facebook, YouTube, and other sites. It's

> nice but I would like to see more TV stuff."

>

> That's because this stuff's ^ free.

 

No they're not. That's how Facebook and YouTube make a lot of money. The ads on those sites aren't cheap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to mention that when you're only advertising on fb & YouTube you're advertising, primarily at least, to the fans who for the most part either already know what you're saying or know how to find out when they want. (The team's games, radio/TV schedule, etc.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:

> Biggie1083 wrote:

> "I've seen a lot of ads on Facebook, YouTube, and other sites. It's

> nice but I would like to see more TV stuff."

>

> That's because this stuff's ^ free.

 

 

Are you sure thats advertising by the Whale and not the cookies on your computer? I also can be on a wesite and a Whale advertisement or an advertisement for something that i had been previously looking at will pop up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anti_bruins wrote:

> Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:

> > Biggie1083 wrote:

> > "I've seen a lot of ads on Facebook, YouTube, and other sites. It's

> > nice but I would like to see more TV stuff."

> >

> > That's because this stuff's ^ free.

>

>

> Are you sure thats advertising by the Whale and not the cookies on your computer? I

> also can be on a wesite and a Whale advertisement or an advertisement for something

> that i had been previously looking at will pop up.

 

I meant the stuff they post & share on & from their fb page, stuff like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ironically, I just saw an online ad for the CT Whale home opener touting their $1 hot dogs & $2 beers.

 

They don't say if they're cocktail franks & a Dixie cup of brew, or actual person-sized servings.

 

I'm sure though that one of you guys going to the opener will post about what they mean afterward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biggie1083 wrote:

> Yeah, that stuff is free, but not the ads on the side of Facebook pages, or

> the ads on YouTube. Those cost money.

 

 

I can be on any site here at work and the "front page Bourque graphic" will appear advertising opening night tickets. i cant imagine that The Whale is advertising on an aerospace tooling forum

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hartfordyouremyhome wrote:

> Ironically, I just saw an online ad for the CT Whale home opener touting

> their $1 hot dogs & $2 beers.

>

> They don't say if they're cocktail franks & a Dixie cup of brew, or

> actual person-sized servings.

>

> I'm sure though that one of you guys going to the opener will post about

> what they mean afterward.

 

The day i eat a xlcenter hot dog is the day i ask any of you to put me out of my misery. they could be a penny, i aint eatin it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anti_bruins wrote:

> Biggie1083 wrote:

> > Yeah, that stuff is free, but not the ads on the side of Facebook pages, or

> > the ads on YouTube. Those cost money.

>

>

> I can be on any site here at work and the "front page Bourque graphic" will

> appear advertising opening night tickets. i cant imagine that The Whale is

> advertising on an aerspace tooling forum

 

The ads are controlled by a company that puts them up by region. I saw a Linda McMahon ad on YouTube a while ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biggie1083 wrote:

> anti_bruins wrote:

> > Biggie1083 wrote:

> > > Yeah, that stuff is free, but not the ads on the side of Facebook pages, or

> > > the ads on YouTube. Those cost money.

> >

> >

> > I can be on any site here at work and the "front page Bourque graphic"

> will

> > appear advertising opening night tickets. i cant imagine that The Whale is

> > advertising on an aerspace tooling forum

>

> The ads are controlled by a company that puts them up by region. I saw a Linda

> McMahon ad on YouTube a while ago.

 

II'm telling ya. I was looking at rain barrels one day and later that day, while on a completely different site that had nothing at all to do with rain barrels, there was an advertisement from the exact same distributor. Its the cookies. The xl is not paying to advertise on Facebook or Youtube or Kennemetal. Everyone on this site has been to CTWHALE.COM. That info is stored in the cookies and then pulled up and put into an ad. Your computer knows what you like.

 

Tell ya what. clear your history, clear your cookies, DO NOT GO TO THE WHALE WEBSITE. Now go on FB or YT on a random page and tell me that the Whale's ad comes up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this